Home

My personal sliders - post patch Heisman

This is a discussion on My personal sliders - post patch Heisman within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: My personal sliders - post patch Heisman

where is our update! :P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2009, 09:13 AM   #42
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

I just made a couple of changes in the original post. Try them out and tell me what you think. I am tinkering with the human and CPU defensive AWR to see at what point the indivisual AWR of each defender comes into play. At 100 all non-user controlled defenders react the same, whether on the human or on CPU. I know at 100 for human def. AWR the pass coverage is much better without being overstated, as in a LB being able to cver a much faster WR.

I also raised human tackling because of the fact I was having tackles broken that shouldn't have been broken. I will redo the entire first post with a sort of mission statement as to my reason for doing these sliders.

One goal, getting rid of Robo QB and decreasing INT's thrown by CPU, I believe has been met. Not sure and not Quite willing to commit to that statement just yet. The change in the fisrt post my be final though.

I have a feeling the next couple of updates may be it as I feel I am close. I will say that the coding and CPU offensive play call logic keep this from being a perfect game (more on that later), but I have to say when I get these right NCAA 09 will be the best of the series for me. NCAA 06-07 on last-gen were really good. I liked 08, but the fact nearly every school was on probation because half their players skipped study hall was annoying. Actually the entire discipline system was a great idea, but the execution was terrible.

Anyway...changes at the front. have a great day guys.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:50 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am trying these sliders on heisman w/ 8 minute quarters playing as UGA against Florida and having no problem beating them right now. Are these sliders meant to even things up more for weaker teams against stronger teams and are pretty much cancelling themselves out when you match up 2 great teams? I will post stats when I finish.

I stopped playing at the half because I was up 56-3
Halftime Stats:

UGA: 56 pts
403 yards
Stafford 19-26 367 yards 5 TD 2 INT
Moreno: 7 carries 30 yards

UF: 3 pts
Tebow 9-25 74 yards 0 TD 3 INT
RB's 15 carries 41 yards
115 yards

Last edited by gsueagle23; 04-08-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:30 AM   #44
Banned

I play on 6 minutes. 8 mins on any sliders for me is way to long i run up stats.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:54 AM   #45
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsueagle23
I am trying these sliders on heisman w/ 8 minute quarters playing as UGA against Florida and having no problem beating them right now. Are these sliders meant to even things up more for weaker teams against stronger teams and are pretty much cancelling themselves out when you match up 2 great teams?
No, it isn't to make weaker teams better against good/great teams. I'm shooting for realism. I am going to redo the 1st post soon with a list of goals explaining what I am looking for in the slider set.

I played Florida with North Texas recently (in 2009 of my dynasty) and lost 20-17, but the reason for the score wasn't my slider set. It was because Tim Tebow went pro and they were constantly running the QB read play. I almost always change my opponent's playbook to suit their personnel and to keep them out of situations where bad AI play calling (i.e. QB read play or option with a slow QB) can help me win. I should have quit the game and switched their play book to One Back. Had I done so Cam Sexton (78 spd) wouldn't have twenty carries, Jeff Demps would have and I'd have been obliterated. Of Florida's thirty carries, Demps had seven for a 7.4 yard average I believe. That over twenty carries would be over 150 yards. If Tebow ran a lot of QB Reads against you and you, as Georgia, stopped it even half the time then you would get more opertunities score due to increased possessions.

Also, did you play this with the CPU def AWR at 50 or 100? Right now I am tinkering with that to see at what point the CPU hesitates on/falls for a play action based on the individual CPU defenders AWR/play recognition/man and zone coverage rating. I am not sure which of these ratings matter, I will test and find out.

Neither the human or CPU defensive awareness slider is permanent right now. Having turned down the CPU THA to 50 I may need to tinker the human awareness, which I did specifically to combat Robo QB and bad AI pass coverage. At 55 QBA and 0 WR CTH the CPU was having a field day passing regardless of who the QB was. The completion percentages started dropping at 50, but I had to turn the WR CTH back up to stop CPU WR's with 80+ CTH from dropping every other pass. I get the occasional drop at 15.

I am going to try both sides at 80 AWR later to see how that works. Try these again later and tell me what you think.

Last edited by acts238shaun; 04-09-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2009, 08:59 AM   #46
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetdemon
I play on 6 minutes. 8 mins on any sliders for me is way to long i run up stats.
I play at eight minutes so as to get a realistic plays-per-game count. If my yards per carry and completion percentage are close to where it should be I get 120 to 140 plays a game (I also add punts and kickoffs), with a rare bump depending on who I am using (a heavy passing team). I recently had a game where one RB had over 50 carries for 250+ yards, but I only threw the ball 6 times. I had the ball the entire third quarter.

I also remove my 1st team from the game when I am ahead by fifty at the half or 35 after the third.

Last edited by acts238shaun; 04-09-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:26 AM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
I play at eight minutes so as to get a realistic plays-per-game count. If my yards per carry and completion percentage are close to where it should be I get 120 to 140 plays a game (I also add punts and kickoffs), with a rare bump depending on who I am using (a heavy passing team). I recently had a game where one RB had over 50 carries for 250+ yards, but I only threw the ball 6 times. I had the ball the entire third quarter.

I also remove my 1st team from the game when I am ahead by fifty at the half or 35 after the third.
If i do that i score 70-100 points a game heh.

also

My defense seems to play worse with awareness at 100. I have saw 0 drops from mtsu. Their qb was like 25-27 for 400 yards against me which was nuts. Still seeing alot of broken tackles by the lower rated cpu rb's. I am michigan in my 3rd year of recruiting 94 overall rated team. 96 defense.

I think you are on the right track!
Old 04-09-2009, 11:23 AM   #48
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetdemon
My defense seems to play worse with awareness at 100. I have saw 0 drops from mtsu. Their qb was like 25-27 for 400 yards against me which was nuts. Still seeing alot of broken tackles by the lower rated cpu rb's. I am michigan in my 3rd year of recruiting 94 overall rated team. 96 defense.

I think you are on the right track!
Are you playing with the new sliders and home field advantage off? The CPU with the QB ACC slider at 50 will not go 25-27 against you, even with a great player. At 55 maybe, at 60 probably. I started at 65 if that tells you anything.

As far as the crazy broken tackles, there shouldn't be too many from an average CPU RB/WR/TE/QB with human TKL at 80 and CPU RB ability at 65. Is that where you have it set?

As of right now I personally am testing at 80 for human and CPU AWR, but I am not sure it will stay there. Try the new set and tell me what you think. Also, try both AWR setting at 80 and see how it plays. You should be getting at least 6.5 yards a carry as Michigan against a terrible run stopping team and 2.5 - 3.5 a carry as a terrible running team against a good team. That's assuming you don't hit the trigger as soon as you take the handoff/pitch. The trigger is not just a human turbo button, but fot the CPU it's a magic "come off block" button. make sure you are IN the hole before you hit turbo.

I am thinking about doing sliders for non-turbo users because of that turbo button issue.

Let me know how the new ones do, and thanks for the updates guys!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »