Home

Coach mode sliders?

This is a discussion on Coach mode sliders? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2009, 07:03 PM   #41
Rookie

LHaze30's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Coach mode sliders?

What do you guys do for kickoff returns? It seems like the defenders just fall over alot of times. I see multiple kickoff returns a game by the computer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 09:28 AM   #42
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntpj01
SportGamer, I used these for about a half. I was playing Iowa and I was Illinois, at home. Juice Williams threw four picks in the first half, and I was trailing 31-7. I'm on PS3, post patch, with updated and named rosters.

For the record, I've been a coach mode player on NCAA Football for six years now. So no, I don't suck...lol. Wondering if you had any thoughts. Am I the only one seeing this?
I've had a couple games where my QB threw 2-3 picks but nothing outrageous. With this set games seem to vary a lot. I've beaten higher rated teams, I've lost to higher rated teams. It all depends on if my guys show up or not. I'm still tweaking but I think I'm getting close to a final set. I say give them another try and see if the outcome is totally different.

If you have any suggestions on tweaks, please let me know. I think with the INT issue you are talking about we can turn down CPU INT a few and maybe give QB ACC a nudge up.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:03 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 4

Sorry I didn't get a chance to post any statas, was too busy this weekend to get in a full game (wife had a ton of projects for yours truly). I will say the games I got started, I was unable to get a run game off the ground. I was playing with much smaller teams (Navy mostly), playing against similar rated teams. I wanted to see how the CPU ran the option, so I locked onto a tackle to make sure the CPU took full control. I will say I was a little disappointed. The CPU running the option almost never hands the ball off to the fullback, even whern there is a gaping hole in the line.

I was playing Navy vs LATC (2 C rated teams) and noticed that while my run game got stuffed for negative yardage almost every play, the CPU was running all over me. Another thing I noticed is that the pass rush is very uneven, My QB was lucky to get more than 3-4 secs before he had to get the ball out, while the CPU had all day, unless I brought the house on him. Now to counter my own statement, I will say that I noticed that the CPU tends to blitz a lot, so I'm not totally sure if that may have been the factor, but I think I will play with the pass rush, and pass block settings just a little, as it was getting annoying watching the CPU fend off 5 rushers for 10-20 seconds while the CPU QB sat back and waited for a reciever to get open.

Are you seeing anything similar in your games playing with higer rated teams?
Old 07-27-2009, 08:12 AM   #44
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

Sean,

The goal of the sliders is to make the game realistic, but also challenging. I've learned that when running the ball you really need to mix up your play calling. Call some inside handoffs, some counters, some pitches, and outside runs. A good mix seems to open up the running game. In my dynasty with the Tarheels I'm averaging 5.1 yards per carry with my starter.

Currently I'm 8-3 with losses to FSU, Miami, and UVA.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:25 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportGamer24
Sean,

The goal of the sliders is to make the game realistic, but also challenging. I've learned that when running the ball you really need to mix up your play calling. Call some inside handoffs, some counters, some pitches, and outside runs. A good mix seems to open up the running game. In my dynasty with the Tarheels I'm averaging 5.1 yards per carry with my starter.

Currently I'm 8-3 with losses to FSU, Miami, and UVA.
No dude, I totally understand, and I really appreciate the work on this as I am all for the most realistic slider settings possible.
I was just wanting to test with an option team. Flexbone, Wishbone and other sets like it all run a varation of the same play repeatedly. I was running the option, FB run with man in motion, option pass etc. I think that being a 70%+ run team, the opposition was blitzing like crazy, and thus I was getting stuffed, which is realistic. What I was commenting on was that the CPU doesn't really run the option well. The only thing I saw, that I wanted to play with, was the pass rush.

Like I said, I didn't even get a full game in, just my quick observation. I hope to get some time in tonight and I'll have some better feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 10:48 AM   #46
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean705
The only thing I saw, that I wanted to play with, was the pass rush.
You might want to tweak CPU Pass Blk just a few and see if that changes things. I already have Hum Pass Rush up pretty high. I've gotten to the QB a decent amount of times but then there is also those moments where it seems like the CPU can sit back there all day. My D-Line has a total of 11 sacks in 10 games. The rest are my LBs who come off of blitzes. I guess that should be a little higher.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:15 PM   #47
Rookie

Hughey2k's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaze30
What do you guys do for kickoff returns? It seems like the defenders just fall over alot of times. I see multiple kickoff returns a game by the computer.
Just supersim the kickoffs, that solves that problem. I choose watch next play, then at least you see the play as it unfolds.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:23 AM   #48
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

Made a few minor tweaks. Really like where the set is now. I'll post the updates this evening.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »