Home
View Poll Results: What difficulty will you be using for NCAA 10?
Heisman 31 42.47%
All-American 41 56.16%
Varsity or JV 1 1.37%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2009, 02:18 PM   #9
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Heisman vs. AA

On heisman, the CPU cheats. Straight up. Holding and clipping are utilized only when the user is actually getting some good runs against the defense. I only ever see successful Dlinemen swats at the line when I have a wide open receiver. When a user happens to read the Cpu offense and actually get good penetration, the linemen either hesitate, run towards the nearest Olineman or miss the tackle. User generated pressure is difficult to get consistently, yet there are times during the game when the CPU is busting through as if they're up against a pop warner squad. Without blitizing. Robo QB is alive and well, mainly activating if the CPU is losing in the last two or three minutes of the half. If I wanted to be like apex, moody or the other guys who post videos on youtube, I could show you guys some ridiculous animations I've witnessed in games. The thing is, AA is too easy, so I'm kind of stuck if I want a challenge. Thankfully the sliders actually work this year. They've already been a big help. Anyone worried about pass rush will be pleasantly surprised, I think.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:31 PM   #10
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinSports414
On heisman, the CPU cheats. Straight up. Holding and clipping are utilized only when the user is actually getting some good runs against the defense. I only ever see successful Dlinemen swats at the line when I have a wide open receiver. When a user happens to read the Cpu offense and actually get good penetration, the linemen either hesitate, run towards the nearest Olineman or miss the tackle. User generated pressure is difficult to get consistently, yet there are times during the game when the CPU is busting through as if they're up against a pop warner squad. Without blitizing. Robo QB is alive and well, mainly activating if the CPU is losing in the last two or three minutes of the half. If I wanted to be like apex, moody or the other guys who post videos on youtube, I could show you guys some ridiculous animations I've witnessed in games. The thing is, AA is too easy, so I'm kind of stuck if I want a challenge. Thankfully the sliders actually work this year. They've already been a big help. Anyone worried about pass rush will be pleasantly surprised, I think.
I`m on the same boat as you are.

AA Default is a bit easy, and hiesman Defualt, is ok, but the gameplay feels awfull.
Playing against SJSU QB or Tebow seems the game, all players are good players.
On the other hand the User team, sucks.. big time.

CPU WR are wide open, you can`t use Zone coverage because they are pointless without a good pass rush and with Robo QB.

The only way i found to stop the CPU Offense is by Blitzing, man coverage and Bump.
WHich sucks.

CPU running game sucks on both levels. I hope i can tweak AA... to make it realistic and challenging as well.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:38 PM   #11
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

I have been okay with default heisman it just needs some tweeks. I actually pulled off a big upset with Toledo over Boise St in years 2. The qb acc needs lowed for both hum/cpu. Cpu rush needs lowered while hum needs increased. Cpu break block needs lowered while) ability needs to go up a tick. I'd prob lower catching a tick for both. Fgs need lowered. Cpu pens need increased seems that the human player in always getting tacked with a holing in a key situation but never the cpu. I'm getting great stats on default, I just see some tweaks needed to balance the game out a little better. Excitied to see that shouldn't be too hard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 10:25 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 37

Post patch it is definitely A.A. for my money. However, a couple things are essential.

#1 cpu rb slider should be at 60
#2 human and cpu QB slider at 35 (no higer than 35)
#3 receivers at 35 slider gives a fair number of drops
#4 human pass rush at 100 and cpu pass block at 10-15
#5 interception sliders down to 10 cpu and 20 human
Old 07-17-2009, 04:06 AM   #13
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Post patch it is definitely A.A. for my money. However, a couple things are essential.

#1 cpu rb slider should be at 60
#2 human and cpu QB slider at 35 (no higer than 35)
#3 receivers at 35 slider gives a fair number of drops
#4 human pass rush at 100 and cpu pass block at 10-15
#5 interception sliders down to 10 cpu and 20 human
would you mind posting some stats with these?
Old 07-17-2009, 06:27 AM   #14
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

AA. Heisman was never ment to be realistic. I know it can be tuned with sliders but I prefer AA with minimal slider adjustments.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
would you mind posting some stats with these?
Sorry, I'm not on my system right now so I can only talk in general terms, but here goes. Okay so the cpu QB and receivers need to be at 35 slider because this will give the cpu on average a 60% pass completion percentage. However, that alone doesn't cut it because the cpu QB passes very quickly so in order to get pressure the human pass rush slider goes to 100 and the cpu pass blocking goes to 15. This works really well to take away the robo-QB. Also, I tuned the interception slider down to 10 for the cpu as pinterceptions are still a little too frequent.

In my last "test" game I played as Michigan St. versus my teambuilder team (SFU) and here are a few general stats I can remember:

Michigan St 17 SFU 7

cpu passing 27-39 1td 1 int
cpu rushing 31 rushes for 149 yards (I didn't break 100)
Hum passing 25-51 301 yarsds 1td 3int
cpu 4 sacks human 1 sack
** sorry that's all I can remember off the top of my head.

However, I will say that I am re-considering the human receiver slider. I think I may move this to 40 or 45 as I played a practise Arizona St vs. USC and in 10 minutes I must have had close to 15 drops
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »