Home

Post Patch Run Block

This is a discussion on Post Patch Run Block within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2009, 12:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Post Patch Run Block

is anyone else having a problem with run block post patch? (ps3)
if I increase it at all, the run backs on kickoffs are out of control. every blocker drops the guy he is blocking
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 12:36 AM   #2
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Post Patch Run Block

You have to leave the run block at 50 r your guys wil be knocked to the ground on kickoff blocks. It goes the same way for you, as you'll be able to run back kicks easier if you set run blk to 55 or higher. Just leave it at 50, and its ok.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:53 AM   #3
Rookie

Hipster-Doofus's Arena

OVR: 4

Yeah to me it's a def problem. I think they should seperate the Run Blocking, and Kick Off Return Blocking. Maybe make a Kick Off Return Blocking/Kick Off Coverage slider or something.

Sometimes, for a challange, you want the CPU Run Blocking up a little so they have a change to run the ball on you. But at the same time, you don't want them to just completely dominate you and have 2-3 Kick Off Returns for touchys every play.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:42 PM   #4
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster-Doofus
Yeah to me it's a def problem. I think they should seperate the Run Blocking, and Kick Off Return Blocking. Maybe make a Kick Off Return Blocking/Kick Off Coverage slider or something.

Sometimes, for a challange, you want the CPU Run Blocking up a little so they have a change to run the ball on you. But at the same time, you don't want them to just completely dominate you and have 2-3 Kick Off Returns for touchys every play.

Only thing I can think of, and have seriously though about doing is raising the CPU run block up to 55 or 60 at most! Then raise the HUM Kickoff power to 100 lol... They would always start at the 20, but it's better than a TD every 2-3 kickoffs. Anyone else thinking about doing this?
Old 07-16-2009, 02:01 PM   #5
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

This may be an online problem as well, I've had two kickoff's returned on me, and honestly I have never everrrrrrrr given up a kickoff return
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 06:37 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I haven't tried it this year. But the fix for me last year was simming the CPU kick returns. It left me without frustration.

I still have a little bit of hope that we can find a happy medium with tuning sliders.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:41 PM   #7
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxfool
I haven't tried it this year. But the fix for me last year was simming the CPU kick returns. It left me without frustration.

I still have a little bit of hope that we can find a happy medium with tuning sliders.

Ohh, thats a good idea! that way out kickoff return stats are still intact.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:17 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 37

Pre-patch I was averaging 124 yards on the ground and had about a 5.8 ypc average. Post patch, though I have played fewer games, I have not yet broken 100 yards in the game and my RB avg is down to 3.1 ypc. ???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »