Home

J-Unit40's All-American Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on J-Unit40's All-American Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2009, 08:39 AM   #65
Bills Mafia!!

racerx's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: J-Unit40's All-American Sliders (Post-Patch)

Played a wild game last night with these sliders, I took two lower rated teams. Rice(me) @ FIU(Cpu) and won the game 49-42. I used 8 min qts instead of 9. I don't remember all of the stats but I had 486 yards of Total Offense(226 on the ground) and FIU had 295. I really like sub patterns on the RB. I had 2 backs with over 10 carries each. The only thing which I believe was mentioned, was that late in the 3rd qtr on, my starting HB never came back in the game. I heard a few people post about this.

Otherwise great Sliders Jay.....I will start my Dynasty using these...
NCAA Basketball - UK Wildcats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 08:52 AM   #66
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoyk
And what about the rest of the penalty sliders? Leave them as default?
Updated on the first page. Sorry for the lack of info earlier.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:01 AM   #67
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Thanks for getting these tuned J!
Can't wait to pop them in tonight now that the 360 patch is out!

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-22-2009, 09:11 AM   #68
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Thanks for getting these tuned J!
Can't wait to pop them in tonight now that the 360 patch is out!
No problem Skyboxer. Sorry I didn't respond to your PM. I just remembered after you posted in here.

I really like where the sliders are at right now. I have played with a good mix of teams and matchups and have had low scoring games and very few shootouts. Then again, I haven't used two teams in the same game that should light up the scoreboard, so that makes sense in a way.

One of my issues ef with this game right now is getting sacks on a HB screen. The CPU still is hit or miss on this play. One time, I will see them set it up very well and take it 40-50 yards for a TD and two other times I see the QB take a sack that wasn't really necessary. I just wish the CPU would throw the ball out of bounds on plays like that. Oh well. Maybe in the second patch?

My other issue which has been stated before is the CPU RB's indecisiveness in where to run or how to run. They still get the job done, but it usually looks odd. EA needs to bring back the "soft juke" or momentum shift that we used to see on last gen. This way the HUM and CPU can use it to make subtle moves that don't end up looking herky jerky and allow the ballcarrier to find a lane or make a defender miss.

Last edited by J-Unit40; 07-22-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:18 AM   #69
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
No problem Skyboxer. Sorry I didn't respond to your PM. I just remembered after you posted in here.

I really like where the sliders are at right now. I have played with a good mix of teams and matchups and have had low scoring games and very few shootouts. Then again, I haven't used two teams in the same game that should light up the scoreboard, so that makes sense in a way.

One of my issues ef with this game right now is getting sacks on a HB screen. The CPU still is hit or miss on this play. One time, I will see them set it up very well and take it 40-50 yards for a TD and two other times I see the QB take a sack that wasn't really necessary. I just wish the CPU would throw the ball out of bounds on plays like that. Oh well. Maybe in the second patch?

My other issue which has been stated before is the CPU RB's indecisiveness in where to run or how to run. They still get the job done, but it usually looks odd. EA needs to bring back the "soft juke" or momentum shift that we used to see on last gen. This way the HUM and CPU can use it to make subtle moves that don't end up looking herky jerky and allow the ballcarrier to find a lane or make a defender miss.

Cool... yep maybe a second patch will help

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-22-2009, 09:25 AM   #70
MVP

OVR: 12

Just a clarification. At default (50) has anything changed or is it just the effectiveness of the sliders once you move them off of default? I'm liking default Heisman (360 pre-patch) but I would like to make some small tweaks but I'm afraid to screw it up now that the 360 patch is out.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:28 AM   #71
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

I know its a fine line in getting the right sack amounts and pressure but would a lower user pass rush help the CPU screens? You may have already tried that though.

Also I'm purely speculating but it seems as though there is some sort of player composure hot/cold "ratings" happening also.

I've had games where my QB (I player lock on RB) will look absolutely terrible and then break out of it and go 10 for 10. Example is in that test game in an OD. I was getting beat pretty good and QB was sporatic. He then hit a 40 yard'ish post pattern and was pretty good the rest of the game.

Same with my D. Unable to stop anyone and then 1 or 2 big plays by D and we're the 86 Bears for a while....
I personally think thats very cool. However I just don't know if thats just me and I'm nuts or what.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 10:09 AM   #72
Pro

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Updated on the first page. Sorry for the lack of info earlier.
Thanks man. I just played a game between UNC (me) and Wake Forest. I played with 8 minute quarters and won 55-21.

UNC
QB) TJ Yates: 14/28, 242 yards, 50%, 2 TD's, 1 sack
RB) Shaun Draughn: 21 attempts, 253 yards, 2 TD's 4 20+ yard runs
RB) Ryan Houston: 11 attempts, 70 yards, 2 TD's
WR) Greg Little: 5 receptions, 102 yards, 1 TD, 1 kick return TD
WR) Dwight Jones: 4 receptions, 74 yards, 1 TD

Wake
QB) Brandon Pendergrass: 23/33, 69%, 302 yards, 1 TD, 3 sacks
RB) Mike Carter: 21 attempts, 97 yards, 1 TD
RB) Ryan McManus: 6 attempts, 29 yards
WR) Joe Birdson: 6 receptions, 113 yards
WR) Joe Looney: 4 receptions, 69 yards, 1 TD
Note: Starting RB Michael Lockett suffered a season ending injury after 3 carries for 22 yards.

Wake Forest/UNC
First Downs: 21/19
Total Offense: 446/576
3rd Down: 5-15/9-14
4th Down: 0-0/0-1
Red Zone - TD - FG: 4-2-0/5-3-2
Turnovers: 1/2
Fumbles Lost: 1/2
Penalties - Yards: 7-62/8-67
T.O.P.: 14:57/19:25

I think I'm going to try playing with 5 minute quarters as this game was simply too high scoring (for two ACC teams). I felt like it was hard to stop Wake's QB. If he was just having a good game than that's fine (69% isn't too high). But if I give up around 70% completion percentages every game I'll need to edit the sliders. I had a ton of big plays (4 20+ yard runs, a 71 yard TD reception, a 50 yard run, an 80 yard TD run, a 29 yard TD pass, and a kick off return TD). I scored 55 points even with only running the ball in the fourth quarter. I felt like this was a good game as the CPU ran the ball a lot, and I think they'll be better with shorter quarters.
Nice sliders, thanks again.

Last edited by marcoyk; 07-22-2009 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Clarification

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »