Home

Old 07-18-2009, 12:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
varsity sliders

does any one have sliders for varsity yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 01:18 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: varsity sliders

sorry double post

Last edited by i3man; 07-18-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:21 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I tried messing with some last night because on AA you just can't get the good teams like Oklahoma to smash the crap out of the bad ones and I was having better luck on varsity. I was using Nevada (me) vs. Oklahoma (CPU) and I put a good first half but in the 2nd have Murray went crazy and they hammered me....which is the way it should be. Playing AA the AI is too good on defense to allow huge blow outs.

One thing I've noticed is that the QB AI is still too good for the CPU no matter what combination of pass rush and rush defense sliders you use. The CPU QB may get rushed but he releases the ball more quickly and hits all the short passes. In theory if you put pass rush to 100 and pass blocking to zero you should have 20 sacks a game but that doesn't happen. Whereas if you put QB accuracy on zero, the QB will complete very few passes if any.

Maybe what is missing is a QB awareness slider that would affect how quickly he gets rid of the ball.

I know many guys wouldn't be caught dead playing on varsity but in many years it has produced the most realist player attributes. As you start playing on AA and Heisman the AI cheats start kicking in and average players start playing like great players.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:28 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 9

You might be right about this.. AA and Heisman I can win on almost 96 percent of the time, but the games are coming out funny. Tried some stuff with Varsity and with your own silders perf. You might have something without clessy teams stopping your run game or robo QB. Won't test your video manhood if you try this. I want lower teams to play like them and a chanllage or maybe a lose with team about on par or on par with you
Old 07-18-2009, 04:07 PM   #5
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8

Yeah im looking for about the same. I want good teams to really dominate the game against my cupcake team. I just never really feel as though I can lose when I play against top 25 teams or better teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 04:22 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by i3man
I tried messing with some last night because on AA you just can't get the good teams like Oklahoma to smash the crap out of the bad ones and I was having better luck on varsity. I was using Nevada (me) vs. Oklahoma (CPU) and I put a good first half but in the 2nd have Murray went crazy and they hammered me....which is the way it should be. Playing AA the AI is too good on defense to allow huge blow outs.

One thing I've noticed is that the QB AI is still too good for the CPU no matter what combination of pass rush and rush defense sliders you use. The CPU QB may get rushed but he releases the ball more quickly and hits all the short passes. In theory if you put pass rush to 100 and pass blocking to zero you should have 20 sacks a game but that doesn't happen. Whereas if you put QB accuracy on zero, the QB will complete very few passes if any.

Maybe what is missing is a QB awareness slider that would affect how quickly he gets rid of the ball.

I know many guys wouldn't be caught dead playing on varsity but in many years it has produced the most realist player attributes. As you start playing on AA and Heisman the AI cheats start kicking in and average players start playing like great players.

I wasn't a big fan of varsity level until NCAA 09. But from experience with the game and i like to create sliders based on my own thought process and feel varsity level does give you the best game play in terms of the game actually taking into account overall team ratings and player ratings.

I created a roster file for NCAA 09 and on varsity level the QB's in NCAA 09 threw passes that looked so realistic I said I was never playing on AA on Heisman level again.

Right now I'm just putting together my sliders but it'll be probably 1-2weeks before I'm completely done finalizing them on Varisty level. I have years of slider experience and at this point the only thing that matters to me is GAMEPLAY. If you know what each slider does and then factor into account how they translate on the field for the CPU mostly you can make Varsity level a very competive and exciting level for game play.

I want the CPU to play effective and also according to ratings not some in game BOOST because of the level being increased. Varsity keeps everything on a equal playing field and lets the teams and ratings decide most of the outcomes.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-18-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:51 PM   #7
Rookie

coachchris's Arena

OVR: 6

Playmakers,

You make an interesting point re the varsity sliders.

I know you said you are working on them but do you have a base set that you could post to begin working with?

I would love to get a challenging set that plays more off of the ratings then just pumping up AA sliders to make the game difficult.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:15 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

No not yet, I only been testing with like 4 teams because of the roster situation.

I'm waiting for full rosters for the 360 version and then once I've used more teams I'll comeback here and post my sliders in like 1-2 weeks.

Sorry it'll take me longer than the other sliders because I just can't play much of NCAA 10 without full rosters. I'm waiting on a good roster set before moving forward.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »