Home

Varsity Slider Project, slthree

This is a discussion on Varsity Slider Project, slthree within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2009, 02:23 AM   #81
Rookie

edwvu76's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Varsity Slider Project, slthree

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Our company left and I just fired up the game.

WoW, VT has a very good team and a nasty defense. Your d-line should have recorded at least 1 sack and a few pressures. The cpu pass block may be too high.
I did end up with 2 sacks I think and one really good pressure that causes McCoy to throw a pick when he was hit as he released.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 08:41 AM   #82
Rookie

edwvu76's Arena

Well, the rematch wasn't even a game at all. I ended up winning 41-17. They returned a ko for a TD and had one really good drive, other than that I totally dominated.

VT
Passing:
Taylor 5-10 103 yds 1 td
Clayton 3-4 67 yds 1 int

Rushing:
Taylor 10 for 57
Evans 9 for 95 2 TD
Williams 8 for 29
Younger 7 for 26 1 TD
Lewis 5 for 24 1 TD

Receiving:
Coale 3 for 56 1 TD
Boykin 2 for 41

Defense:
LE Brown 4TFL 2 Sacks
DT Graves 1 Sack
LOLB Johnson 1 Sack
3 int's by secondary

Texas:

Passing:
McCoy 13-25 142 yds 3 int

Rushing:
Johnson 13 for 52 yds
McGee 4 for 9 1 TD

Receiving:
Shipley 2 for 48

Defensive:
RE Kindle 3 Sacks
LE Jones 1 Sack
DT Houston 1 Sack
DT Alexander 1 Sack
LOLB Robinson 1 Sack
FS Thomas 1 Int

A lot better rushing by them, but their passing went all to hell. Any suggestions?
Old 07-26-2009, 09:31 AM   #83
Rookie

edwvu76's Arena

Ok, decided to try out Marshall @ Texas. Still felt like it was a little to easy to run. I lost 44-31 but I think Marshall would be very happy with that outcome.

Marshall

Passing:
Anderson 22-32 281 2 td 1 int
Garner 3-8 32

Rush:
Marshall 14 for 82 1 TD (for some reason left game and wasn't injured)
Ward 12 for 51

Rec:
Slate 5 for 84
Perry 4 for 59
Smith 3 for 32 1 TD

Def:
LE Jacobs 1 Sack

Texas
Passing:
McCoy 17-25 291 2 TD

Rush:
Johnson 13 for 89
McGee 4 for 29

Rec:
Shipley 4 for 46 TD
Collins 4 for 73 TD

All in all I think these are a little too easy, I'll make some adjustments and try again later.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:03 PM   #84
Rookie

bleedcubbieblue25's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm about to play as Oklahoma at Florida with these and will report.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:07 PM   #85
IBI
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just found and read through this entire thread tonight, and you guys have put an amazing amount of work into working out these sliders. I also hate the feel of AA and Heisman, especially when it comes to ridiculous comebacks. I'm going to try these sliders out, and suggest that everyone in my OD does the same. If someone could also post the penalty sliders, I would appreciate it. Thanks for all the hard work guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #86
Rookie

Kayotick's Arena

Guys I am really feeling these varsity sliders, on the 360 though but I don't think it really matters. I had great gaming going with me (Notre Dame) at home against the cpu (Florida) they were putting to me but at the same time I was keeping it competitive.
Then I played one of my dynasty games against Michigan State with me playing as Notre Dame. Just a great game overall defensive battle in the first half and I ended being ahead 7 - 0. Then I scored two more times and they started putting points on the board and got it to 21 - 18 then I ended up getting a fumble recovery and sealed it with a touchdown. I will play the rest of the season with these sliders and report back. Good job!
Old 07-29-2009, 11:56 AM   #87
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Guys, I updated the sliders as well as added Sp Team sliders and penalty sliders.

It is very difficult to get the CPU to run well without having it break a bunch of tackles. So, please use the sliders exactly as I have them.

If you make a change on one slider, keep in mind you may have to compensate with another. The better I made the CPU back (i once had it at 60) the more tackles he breaks (unrealistically) so I just lowered user rush "D" so the cpu would run better without breaking more than the individual back should break
Old 07-29-2009, 03:00 PM   #88
Rookie

Kayotick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Guys, I updated the sliders as well as added Sp Team sliders and penalty sliders.

It is very difficult to get the CPU to run well without having it break a bunch of tackles. So, please use the sliders exactly as I have them.

If you make a change on one slider, keep in mind you may have to compensate with another. The better I made the CPU back (i once had it at 60) the more tackles he breaks (unrealistically) so I just lowered user rush "D" so the cpu would run better without breaking more than the individual back should break
Thanks man! I will modify my sliders accordingly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »