Home

Varsity Slider Project, slthree

This is a discussion on Varsity Slider Project, slthree within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2009, 04:16 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Varsity Slider Project, slthree

I'm a bit worried. I played as Toledo for a half against the Gators. My QB went 24 of 25 for 250 yards and 3 td's. This was with pass coverage at 100 for the cpu.

Also the Gators returned 2 ko's for td's in the first quarter.

I am still losing but I shpouldn't be putting up these type of numbers. Maybe the human qb needs to drop, but i'm already on 40.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:27 PM   #10
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

well, I can't quote from my Treo so I'll just post.

As far as upping the pass coverage, I'm scared it will hurt the 1 on 1 matchups when in man coverage and, as mentioned, it may cause defenders who are in zone but not really in position to make the play, make the play.

I also agree that a real strong pass rush does cause CPU QB panic, as it should, which causes quick throws to the back. The problem is that the opposite is even worse. No pass rush allows for even average receivers to find space and promotes Robo QB.

I used Texas at NC State with Human Pass Rush at 100 and only had 2 sacks. I did not manually rush nor did I blitz often. I wanted tpo see if the Texas dline could get pressure on its own. They did but not to the point that the NC State QB couldn't go down field. He is very good.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:33 PM   #11
MVP

slthree's Arena

I can't quote from my Treo but I'll post.

My fear of raising Human Pass Coverage is that defenders who are in zone covg and technically out of position to make a play, will still make the play. It also will mke the man coverage (which is too good already) better.

I want to get burned by really good QB's and WR's
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 04:36 PM   #12
MVP

Its the cpu pass coverage that I upped to 100. I could still pick them apart though which is a worry.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:46 PM   #13
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8

Maybe lowering QB Acc a bit more will help with Human passing.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:21 PM   #14
Rookie

coachchris's Arena

I have been trying many different sets at AA and Heisman and cant get it to my liking so I will try some on Varsity and see if I can report anything. One of the guys with Heisman Sliders has HUM QB Acc at 5 with CPU Pass Cov at 35. I played a few on Heisman with those and it seemed ok. His thought was anything over 35 on CPU pass cov and they start breaking on the routes before your receivers do and the secondary makes some pretty unrealistic plays so we will see if that works on Varsity. I have been testing with Washington(me) @ USC so I want it to be a beat down by USC but I would like some realistic looking gameplay. The best so far is Trinity's AA. I took a few severe beatdowns by USC which I liked but the gameplay still seemed a bit off.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:30 PM   #15
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8

I have played on AA a lot. And if you keep Cpu pass coverage at 50. The dbs dont jump routes and all that. Looks like anything above 50 to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 05:30 PM   #16
MVP

slthree's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by packmanuk
I'm a bit worried. I played as Toledo for a half against the Gators. My QB went 24 of 25 for 250 yards and 3 td's. This was with pass coverage at 100 for the cpu.

Also the Gators returned 2 ko's for td's in the first quarter.

I am still losing but I shpouldn't be putting up these type of numbers. Maybe the human qb needs to drop, but i'm already on 40.
Did you play at home or in the swamp? Home team seems to get a boost.

The returns by the Gators I don't have a problem with. They are wicked fast. If you reversed the teams and Toledo did it to you I'd worry. If I played the Gators with an inferior team I would hope they return both KO's and Punts on me like crazy.

You must have a lot of time to throw. Lowering human qb accuracy is only part of it. Tune up the CPU pass rush and/or drop human pass blocking.

Is Toledo's QB a stud? Great teams can still get lit up by a hot QB even if they don't lose. Also, hot for a half isn't all that uncommon. It's not the norm but it can happen.

Last edited by slthree; 07-19-2009 at 05:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »