Home

Playmakers NCAA 10 Varsity Sliders (360)

This is a discussion on Playmakers NCAA 10 Varsity Sliders (360) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2009, 05:34 AM   #57
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Playmakers NCAA 10 Varsity Sliders (360)

I think these will be more balanced but it might be a little tougher to be honest BECAUSE OF THE LOWER SETTINGS I know have for the Human Offense.

But I think you'll find these to be very even on both sides of the ball and many of you will notice right away how much more fluid the game feels when you keep the settings as low as possible.

I did increase the WR's catching up to 35/45 for the HUM/CPU. If your still seeing dropped passes it's probably because on this level like I've been saying the ratings seem to stand out a little more.

The Human and CPU Tackle Slider are both at 35. I still prefer the lower settings because it makes things feel much smoother on the field.

You should see running lanes open up and you'll have to hit them quick before the CPU sheds their blocks. RB's should rotate properly since RBA Slider also effects stamina meaning they'll rotate in and out with the SUB FATIGUE SLIDER at 85

Maybe it's me but I'm just not seeing a lot of broken tackles by the CPU but I raised it to a setting that should be easier on your defenders if you were having issues vs the run with earlier release..

I'd be very careful raising that slider any higher because you might just take away their running game completely and for the teams that run out of the shotgun or spread formations they won't have much success out of those formations if your players are tackling too good.

QBA-5/15............(BOTH SLIDERS WERE REDUCED DOWN)
PASS BLK-20/20
WR CATCH-35/45...(HELPS TO MAKE UP FOR REDUCED ACCUARCY)
RBA-35/60
RUN BLK-20/45......(I REDUCED BOTH SLIDERS DOWN TO REDUCE SUCTION BLOCKING)

PASS COVERAGE-0/100
PASS RUSH-70/70
INT-35/35
RUN DEFENSE-70/70......(HELPS TO OFFSET REDUCED TACKLE SLIDER)
TKL-35/35

SPECIAL TEAMS EVERYTHING EQUAL

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-24-2009 at 06:43 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:16 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I think these will be more balanced but it might be a little tougher to be honest BECAUSE OF THE LOWER SETTINGS I know have for the Human Offense.

But I think you'll find these to be very even on both sides of the ball and many of you will notice right away how much more fluid the game feels when you keep the settings as low as possible.

I did increase the WR's catching up to 35/45 for the HUM/CPU. If your still seeing dropped passes it's probably because on this level like I've been saying the ratings seem to stand out a little more.

The Human and CPU Tackle Slider are both at 35. I still prefer the lower settings because it makes things feel much smoother on the field.

You should see running lanes open up and you'll have to hit them quick before the CPU sheds their blocks. RB's should rotate properly since RBA Slider also effects stamina meaning they'll rotate in and out with the SUB FATIGUE SLIDER at 85

Maybe it's me but I'm just not seeing a lot of broken tackles by the CPU but I raised it to a setting that should be easier on your defenders if you were having issues vs the run with earlier release..

I'd be very careful raising that slider any higher because you might just take away their running game completely and for the teams that run out of the shotgun or spread formations they won't have much success out of those formations if your players are tackling too good.

QBA-5/15............(BOTH SLIDERS WERE REDUCED DOWN)
PASS BLK-20/20
WR CATCH-35/45...(HELPS TO MAKE UP FOR REDUCED ACCUARCY)
RBA-35/60
RUN BLK-20/45......(I REDUCED BOTH SLIDERS DOWN TO REDUCE SUCTION BLOCKING)

PASS COVERAGE-0/100
PASS RUSH-70/70
INT-35/35
RUN DEFENSE-70/70......(HELPS TO OFFSET REDUCED TACKLE SLIDER)
TKL-35/35

SPECIAL TEAMS EVERYTHING EQUAL
I will be giving these a shot later today, thanks PM for continued work I did move my hum tackle to 50 and it did seem as though my D was way more effective against run, like you say, maybe too much, so I'll try 35, I didn't have success at 30, but it might be a combo of lower slider, my crap team and me not squaring up guys to make tackles. I am also excited to see what the tweaks in the passing game can do, because I have had good games closeness wise but they are 40 to 50 points per team week after week and my O comes from huge passing game and the CPU's from homerun plays(KO returns, LONG runs/passes where I cant stop them). So its not as much fun as I'd like even though the games are close, it just feels a little too arcade-like on the O-side. We appreciate the continued effort PM and I will keep up-dates rolling in....
more soon...
-Speef
Old 07-24-2009, 11:09 AM   #59
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

OVR: 10

I just had an offensive juggernaut of a game Oregon(me) 56 at Boise St 59. This was a real fun game. I feel I couldnt stop them at all on defense no matter what I did. They were killing me with the run and the pass. The game ended in OT when I ran a fully setup play which resulted in an interception then they kicked a field goal. I think we ran too many plays I played this on 9min quarters. The reason for so many penalties and fumbles I had agrressive for impact blocking and big run. Which cause me a lot of problems.

Oregon Boise St
56 score 59
25 first downs 21
50-203-2 rushes -yards-td 43-133-2
24-39-5 passing 35-48-5
396 passing yards 436
7-15 third down conver 6-18
0-0 4th down cover 0-1
7-5-0 red zone 3-2-1
7 turnovers 2
5 fumbles 0
11 penalties 7

Oregon Stats
Passing
J.Masoli 23-37 381 5-2
N.Costa 1-2 15
Rushing
L.Blount 25-138 2td long 22 1 fumble
J.Masoli 18-25 long 22 3 fumble
D.Davis 5-40 long 15
Receiving
J.Holland 6-158 2 td long 77
D.Davis 5-93 3td llong 41
Defense
S.Paysinger 16tlk 2tfl (user controlled all game)
C.Matthews 12tkl 1tfl 1int
Defense had 7sacks and 2ints

Boise St
Passing
K.Moore 35-48 436 5td 2int
Rushing
J.Avery 27-140 2td long 84
Receiving
T.Young 6-96 1td long 48
J.Avery 6-104 2td long 51
Defense
R.Winterswyk 14tkl 3tfl 3sack
G. Day 11 tfl 1tfl 1sack
Their defense had 4 sacks and 2 ints With the big one in OT. I think I might need to move the clock down to 8 mins.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:23 AM   #60
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

you think having fg accuracy at 40 that it is way to easy to make field goals?
Old 07-24-2009, 11:29 AM   #61
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

OVR: 10

Yea FG are way too easy im going to change them to what I had them before
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 06:43 PM   #62
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Playmakers, with your auto sub settings do you ever get the glitch where your starters sub out but never return? If not did you edit stamina for players?
Old 07-24-2009, 09:55 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlplayboy23
Yea FG are way too easy im going to change them to what I had them before
atlplayboy those stats look awesome man....

I know they are offensive heavy but I'm more focused on keeping the game play fun right now. I'll see what other tweaks I need to make to step up the defense just a little but I don't like college teams playing like NFL teams where the scores are like 21-14 on avg.

Thanks for posting stats and it's good to see the CPU RB still being effective.

As for the FG situation I used 10/40 as a early base. It'll most likley get reduced back down again pretty soon. I think the settings were Power at 0 and Accuarcy at 20

The only problem is the CPU was missing PAT's like crazy. So might seperate the Human and CPU sliders all together instead of making them equal liek they are right now.

As for Fatigue, I'm really not having a problem with my RB's. They rotate in and out just fine for me. One thing I did notice is that since RBA actually effects all ratings for a RB the lower you go on the slider the more he'll come out.

For example when I had it at 30 my RB's were splitting carries on each possession.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-24-2009, 11:55 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sorry, I didn't post the stats; maybe later. Playmaker, I just want to say thank you. I have had some fun games, including an incredible game, (I lost when I missed a long field goal)between South Carolina and Florida. Just the ebb and flow of the game was just awesome. Offensively it was wide open, but it felt real; even I was on the edge of my seat. Florida 30-S.Carolina-28.

I played some other games, but these sliders are sweeeet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »