Home

IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY PASS DEFENSE HEISMAN!!

This is a discussion on IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY PASS DEFENSE HEISMAN!! within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-21-2009, 02:09 PM   #9
Rookie

Hipster-Doofus's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY PASS DEFENSE HEISMAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Yeah I've been using these and they work great. I actually moved my QB Accuracy Up to Ten instead of 5, and also the Comps. At 10, the QB is still accuate, but forcing you and the Comp to make great decisions in the passing game.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:17 PM   #10
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

I have been playing on Heisman since day 1 and I agree it's tough. It's tough but it's not impossible. The way it should be right? Have there been instances where the QB gets a pass off in .0000005 seconds? Of course. It's a programmed CPU cheat and it's BS but it's nowhere near as bad as NCAA 09.

Try this out.

Depending on the team I'm playing against, I've been able to keep the CPU pass percentage at or slightly below 60% on average. Sometimes they do better, sometimes worse. I'm on the 360 (no patch) but I've lowered the CPU WR Catch(THIS SLIDER WORKS ON 360) rating to 35. It helps. BTW college players do drop passes. AT 35 the CPU averages 4 or 5 drops per game. They are not the wide open drops of NCAA 2005 either.

Most importantly, USE ALL TOOLS AVAILABLE. On Heisman, you can't just call plays and hope for the best. Isn't that what we want?

Defensive Keys-Calling the right key is very helpful for coverage AND Pass rush. I average around 10 sacks/hurry/knockdowns per game and I do get pressure without blitzing.

Gameplan-Use tight zones. When the QB is thinking of throwing that quick .00005 pass, they'll think again if you have the zones covered.

I also use the Swat (Conservative) option on pass defense. Your players are more likely to make a play on the ball than when they are going for the interception.

Key Receivers-This helps a lot. I like to key any impact receiver on occasion.

Good luck man.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:24 AM   #11
Rookie

Gettem'Noles's Arena

OVR: 0

yeah i have tried some different sliders, and im starting to get a little better result. I dont expect to go undefeated my first season but damn i dont expect to not even contend also. If some thinks they have they perfect sliders please let me know what adjustments you have made.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 08:58 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I have been playing on Heisman since day 1 and I agree it's tough. It's tough but it's not impossible. The way it should be right? Have there been instances where the QB gets a pass off in .0000005 seconds? Of course. It's a programmed CPU cheat and it's BS but it's nowhere near as bad as NCAA 09.

Try this out.

Depending on the team I'm playing against, I've been able to keep the CPU pass percentage at or slightly below 60% on average. Sometimes they do better, sometimes worse. I'm on the 360 (no patch) but I've lowered the CPU WR Catch(THIS SLIDER WORKS ON 360) rating to 35. It helps. BTW college players do drop passes. AT 35 the CPU averages 4 or 5 drops per game. They are not the wide open drops of NCAA 2005 either.

Most importantly, USE ALL TOOLS AVAILABLE. On Heisman, you can't just call plays and hope for the best. Isn't that what we want?

Defensive Keys-Calling the right key is very helpful for coverage AND Pass rush. I average around 10 sacks/hurry/knockdowns per game and I do get pressure without blitzing.

Gameplan-Use tight zones. When the QB is thinking of throwing that quick .00005 pass, they'll think again if you have the zones covered.

I also use the Swat (Conservative) option on pass defense. Your players are more likely to make a play on the ball than when they are going for the interception.

Key Receivers-This helps a lot. I like to key any impact receiver on occasion.

Good luck man.
Ding ding ding........We have a winner. This is exactly how I play. I play default Heisman because I was unaware any of the sliders work on 360. Switch up your defenses. use all of the tools available, and switch up your gameplan based on down and distance. Granted, some QB's will still go robo from time to time i.e. getting the ball off in a millisecond, or worse the superhuman avoid sack at warp speed and throw on the money but, I've still had success. I've been labbing with only top 25 teams and I've had QB's go 5-20. So, it is possible just not easy.

On a side note, which sliders do work on the 360?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »