Home

How Sliders Really Work - A recommended read

This is a discussion on How Sliders Really Work - A recommended read within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3
How Sliders Really Work - A recommended read

Here is a link to a thread in Madden about what the sliders actually do to adjust gameplay. It is very good and I highly suggest reading it and considering how they may work similarly in NCAA.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ally-work.html

For instance - He surmises pass blocking affects how likely the pass block animation (suction block) is likely to be triggered, while pass rush affects the likelihood that once a block has been initiated, the defense player will be able to shed that block.

So, if you like to blitz, and are tired of seeing 7 rushers all getting picked up by blockers, you would lower pass block, but not necessarily raise pass rush. Raising pass rush would make a standard 4 man rush more effective as they are able to more easily shed the blocks. Lowering pass block means it is less likely that a blitzer will be sucked into a block.

Credit to Bill2541
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: How Sliders Really Work - A recommended read

I've been testing this and it doesnt quite work the same way in NCAA. Pass Block, for instance, DOES effect how easily the DL breaks their block.

It still has alot of good ideas in how to build sliders though.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:46 PM   #3
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: How Sliders Really Work - A recommended read

Good to know. I have not had a chance to try to adjust my sliders recently, and have not had a chance to test if those Madden slider theories hold true to NCAA, sounds like they do not in some cases.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »