Home

FistofRages's 2010 Heisman Slider Discussion

This is a discussion on FistofRages's 2010 Heisman Slider Discussion within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2009, 11:11 AM   #9
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: FistofRages's 2010 Heisman Slider Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetdemon
I test mine in both and have not noticed any difference.
Really, I think dynasty is harder and this was the case last year as well
Old 07-24-2009, 12:06 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 9

Just finished a very weird play now game with these sliders. In my experience, play now was very different from dynasty, mainly in penalties. Perhaps the game has some different types of officiating, but in this game there was a total of 22 penalties for 180 yards. Keep in mind I play on 9 minute quarters. Thoughts following stats.

Michigan at ND(me)
Final score: 3 - 10

hum/cpu
TO: 340/175
RY: 34-105 / 32 - 35
PY: 23-43-235 / 13-30-140
3rd down: 7-19 / 5-17
INT thrown: 3 / 2
Pen: 9-80 / 13-100

Some ind. stats

ND:
Clausen 13-30 140yds 0TD 2INT 43% 4 sacks
Allen 22att 61yds 2.7 YPC long of 10
Kamara 6rec 67yds
Tate Floyd and kamara 2 drops each, 10 drops total!
10 pancakes
Brian Smith (me) 18 tkl 5 TFL
only 1 team sack, by DT on a screen play

Mich:
QB 23-43 235 yds 0TD 3INT 53%
HB 27-91 3.3 YPC long 16
WR#22 8rec 67yds
6 drops total
1 pancake
FS#3 10 tkl
RE#53 2 sacks

Penalty sliders used:

This was a weird game. In my 5 dynasty games I've played so far I've never seen so many penalties as in this play now game, with the same penalty sliders. I don't mind, in fact I love that we can now get penalties right. I just thought it was weird.

I returned the opening kickoff for a TD. Both offenses had some trouble, mine especially. Michigan's DL completely dominated the game. I didn't have many holes to run through and I had no time to pass. They ran a ton of press and my WR couldn't get open. There were way too many drops though. Twice I had single coverage on Tate, who beat the press and was open for a long gain. Twice he dropped the easy over-the-shoulder. Floyd dropped one as well. All-in-all, I completely hated the passing game. It just didn't feel right.

CPU passing game felt great in terms of QB accuracy. I do think we can lower HUM INT a little bit more, or maybe pass coverage. Not too much, they did rack up some yards on me. But I want to cut down on silly picks (their RB missed on in the flat that my CB picked off).

Despite the numbers being a little low I thought the CPU running game was pretty effective. This was a defensive struggle but I had some timely TFL as the MLB that probably skewed their rushing numbers down a bit.

Personal suggestions going forward:
1) Test in dynasty. I'm going to start a dynasty and play two games before I start to make up my mind about a slider set. We can test this more to see if it's needed.

2) Lower Hum QB acc, raise Hum WR catch, Lower HUM pass def or INT, raise Hum pass rush

3) Lower CPU pass block, lower CPU pass def, raise cpu catching (slightly)

I don't want to take CPU passing game out of balance but I felt they had too many drops. If we raise CPU catch we have to be careful about lowering HUM pass defense stuff.

Taking a break for a bit. May make some personal changes and keep testing.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:06 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

^^ God stuff Doc, alot of the changes you thought were needed, I planned on tweaking tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 06:05 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Update, pretty much the AI run game is too easy to stuff. Played a few games with human run defense at 5 and I held Ohio State to 73 yards on 33 carries and Oregon to 20 yards on 20 carries both games on the road as Michigan State.

Going to try bumping up the run block sliders for the AI and that seems to have helped. Got to be careful on special teams because they can break long retruns easily if not careful because of this, but the AI can't seem to find a run game regardless of how low you set the rush defense.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:36 PM   #13
Pro

C_Bailey24's Arena

OVR: 6

Maybe its just me but so far im finding that the QB acc slider really only seems to affect my QB. I havent seen to many bad/errant throws by the CPU even if i lower it to 10. If i lower the WR catch slider to, say, 35 in conjuction only then do i get a decent amount of incompletes by the CPU, but again those are mostly drops.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:24 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Bailey24
Maybe its just me but so far im finding that the QB acc slider really only seems to affect my QB. I havent seen to many bad/errant throws by the CPU even if i lower it to 10. If i lower the WR catch slider to, say, 35 in conjuction only then do i get a decent amount of incompletes by the CPU, but again those are mostly drops.
I personally think 5 is a very good setting for the CPU QB acc.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:27 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Update, pretty much the AI run game is too easy to stuff. Played a few games with human run defense at 5 and I held Ohio State to 73 yards on 33 carries and Oregon to 20 yards on 20 carries both games on the road as Michigan State.

Going to try bumping up the run block sliders for the AI and that seems to have helped. Got to be careful on special teams because they can break long retruns easily if not careful because of this, but the AI can't seem to find a run game regardless of how low you set the rush defense.
I don't think HUM run defense at 5 and raised cpu run blocking can be a long term solution because of the kick returns. I hope they address the kick returns in patch #2, because the game has alot of potential to be great.

edit: what are you doing to stuff the run exactly? I'm not finding the run stuffing issue quite as bad as you, so I was wondering what the difference is. I use mostly ask corso and I don't shift my DL too much. I'm wondering if your adjustments are the difference. Also, is this from play now or dynasty testing?

Last edited by doctorhay53; 07-25-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 07:54 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
I don't think HUM run defense at 5 and raised cpu run blocking can be a long term solution because of the kick returns. I hope they address the kick returns in patch #2, because the game has alot of potential to be great.
I actually raised the Human run defense back to default and decised to raise the AI run block. I think that the human run defense slider is broken or relatively ineffective at the moment. Shouldn't be able to shut evryone down with MSU with run defense at 0 or 5.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »