Home

Bill's Coach Sliders (All-American Level)

This is a discussion on Bill's Coach Sliders (All-American Level) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2009, 04:00 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Bill's Coach Sliders (All-American Level)

Okay, now I totally get what you guys were talking about in terms of seeing different results in coach mode than I was seeing in CPU vs. CPU mode.

I had the sliders (for CPU vs. CPU games) at an excellent level. Exciting games, strong rushing attacks, big plays--it was really fun to watch them.

So, since I felt the settings were "final," I thought I'd try a coach mode game with the same teams I'd watched my last game with.

In this case, it was Texas at Alabama.

Now, in the previous CPU game, the rushing stats were 34-137 for Texas and 21-137 for Alabama. Alabama had one long run to skew their average a bit, but those are solid numbers.

I took Texas (even though I don't like them, they're a good team for testing) and started a new game at Alabama. I just made the Human sliders exactly the same as the CPU sliders.

To pick plays, I just used Corso's advice, usually picking the play that's highlighted, but a few times picking a running play if it was the only one out of the four.

Based on the CPU vs. CPU game, I should be able to run, right? Well, not exactly. In a half, I was 20 carries for 35 freaking yards. Holes just weren't opening like they were in the CPU vs CPU game. Guys were getting stuffed on most carries. It was terrible.

The passing game was fine, at least for me. Alabama had as many problems passing against me as I did running against them.

So I'm going to have to make adjustments and actually Coach the games to get these to the point where they play their best. CPU vs. CPU games are great fun to watch, but I have t.v. for that in the fall.

Sorry for the delay, but at least I understand what you guys are telling me now, and I understand why waht you're seeing isn't what I was seeing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 04:14 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Awesome!!
Old 07-28-2009, 04:34 PM   #43
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by billharris44
Okay, now I totally get what you guys were talking about in terms of seeing different results in coach mode than I was seeing in CPU vs. CPU mode.

I had the sliders (for CPU vs. CPU games) at an excellent level. Exciting games, strong rushing attacks, big plays--it was really fun to watch them.

So, since I felt the settings were "final," I thought I'd try a coach mode game with the same teams I'd watched my last game with.

In this case, it was Texas at Alabama.

Now, in the previous CPU game, the rushing stats were 34-137 for Texas and 21-137 for Alabama. Alabama had one long run to skew their average a bit, but those are solid numbers.

I took Texas (even though I don't like them, they're a good team for testing) and started a new game at Alabama. I just made the Human sliders exactly the same as the CPU sliders.

To pick plays, I just used Corso's advice, usually picking the play that's highlighted, but a few times picking a running play if it was the only one out of the four.

Based on the CPU vs. CPU game, I should be able to run, right? Well, not exactly. In a half, I was 20 carries for 35 freaking yards. Holes just weren't opening like they were in the CPU vs CPU game. Guys were getting stuffed on most carries. It was terrible.

The passing game was fine, at least for me. Alabama had as many problems passing against me as I did running against them.

So I'm going to have to make adjustments and actually Coach the games to get these to the point where they play their best. CPU vs. CPU games are great fun to watch, but I have t.v. for that in the fall.

Sorry for the delay, but at least I understand what you guys are telling me now, and I understand why waht you're seeing isn't what I was seeing.
billharris44

What sliders were you using for the CPU vs CPU games? the one posted? any changes?

I'm only interested in getting good stats for CPU vs CPU in Dynasty., I don't coach

Thanks
Old 07-28-2009, 04:36 PM   #44
Pro

Smile Re: Bill's Coach Sliders (All-American Level)

Okay, this is pretty funny. So I played the rest of the UT-Alabama game, but this time, when I wanted to run, I chose my own running plays instead of picking from Corso's options.

From what I can tell, I wasn't having a slider problem--I was having a Lee Corso problem. LOL.

When I picked my own plays, Texas had 21 carries for 97 yards. Corso was calling a very limited range of running plays, and the defense seemed like they were waiting for every one of them.

Based on that, I'm going to go ahead and post the changes for you guys to try out.

OFFENSE:
QB Accuracy: 50 (same)
Pass Blocking: 10 (same)
WR Catch: 45 (same)
RB Ability: 95 (up from 90)
Run Blocking: 50 (same)

DEFENSE:
Pass Coverage: 50 (same)
Pass Rush: 65 (down from 75)
Interceptions: 10 (same)
Rush Defense: 35 (down from 50)
Tackling: 45 (down from 50)

What I'm hoping you see with these changes:
--better running game
--more broken tackles (to improve both running and YAC for receivers)

I would appreciate it if you guys would try these out and let me know some stats. Also, let me know if the CPU seems to be running decently.

Oh, and don't let Lee Corso call the runs for you. I guess there's a reason he isn't coaching anymore.

As always, first post in the thread is changed to reflect all changes.

Oh, and same settings for Human, at least for now.

Last edited by billharris44; 07-28-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:38 PM   #45
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
billharris44

What sliders were you using for the CPU vs CPU games? the one posted? any changes?

I'm only interested in getting good stats for CPU vs CPU in Dynasty., I don't coach

Thanks
Unfortunately, those sliders don't affect simmed Dynasty games. I wish they did, but Adam has indicated otherwise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 04:54 PM   #46
Rookie

Hughey2k's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by billharris44
Okay, this is pretty funny. So I played the rest of the UT-Alabama game, but this time, when I wanted to run, I chose my own running plays instead of picking from Corso's options.

From what I can tell, I wasn't having a slider problem--I was having a Lee Corso problem. LOL.

When I picked my own plays, Texas had 21 carries for 97 yards. Corso was calling a very limited range of running plays, and the defense seemed like they were waiting for every one of them.

Based on that, I'm going to go ahead and post the changes for you guys to try out.

OFFENSE:
QB Accuracy: 50 (same)
Pass Blocking: 10 (same)
WR Catch: 45 (same)
RB Ability: 95 (up from 90)
Run Blocking: 50 (same)

DEFENSE:
Pass Coverage: 50 (same)
Pass Rush: 65 (down from 75)
Interceptions: 10 (same)
Rush Defense: 35 (down from 50)
Tackling: 45 (down from 50)

What I'm hoping you see with these changes:
--better running game
--more broken tackles (to improve both running and YAC for receivers)

I would appreciate it if you guys would try these out and let me know some stats. Also, let me know if the CPU seems to be running decently.

Oh, and don't let Lee Corso call the runs for you. I guess there's a reason he isn't coaching anymore.

As always, first post in the thread is changed to reflect all changes.

Oh, and same settings for Human, at least for now.
Thanks Bill, I will give them a try later tonight and let you know how it goes. Also about Corso, this year the play selection for "ask corso" does not seem to be as good as last year, not that it was wonderful then. You are right, he calls alot of the same plays this year. I may have to get away from going with the highlighted play and pick from one of the four. Maybe just use his advise for run or pass???
Old 07-28-2009, 05:04 PM   #47
Pro

Corso's pass recommendations seemed to work fine, but he also seemed to call more different plays. On the runs, he seemed to offer the same 2-3 choices over and over again, and those plays were just getting stuffed.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:40 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 2

Cool, i will definiitely try these out later and let you know how they work out.

I never use the ask Corso "feature", so i dont think it is just that.

Note for Bill: you need to change the setting for rush defense to 35 in your first post, in one place it is incorrectly shown as 25

Last edited by SinsemillArmy; 07-28-2009 at 05:59 PM. Reason: added note for Bill

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »