Home

Bill's Coach Sliders (All-American Level)

This is a discussion on Bill's Coach Sliders (All-American Level) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2009, 11:08 PM   #65
Rookie

Hughey2k's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Bill's Coach Sliders (All-American Level)

You are right Nolefan, I always played 09 on Varsity. Got the best results on that level. I have been playing with a dynasty in 10 on varsity, seems to be working well.

Mark
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 11:29 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 11

You'd think these guys would want us to have an explanation of how difficulty level affects in-game behavior, because if they'd do that, and identify the cleanest difficulty level (no bonuses to anything), we could just start there.

This is game is really pretty close to being excellent this year. But EA has to patch the big list of bugs, and they have to fix progression. Maybe we could ask Adam to have one of those guys throw us a bone about how these work.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:58 PM   #67
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by billharris44
Yes, and if someone could actually prove that, I would.

I wish EA would (just for a change) give us some guidance. Is Varsity level with zero bonuses for either side? Does All-American and Heisman give slight boosts to the CPU? Are players smarter on higher difficulty levels?

They're all easy questions, and you'd think EA would provide the information up front.
I can tell you from past experience that changing the level of play does effect the sliders, using your sliders on Varsity will not give you the same results, I believe the level of play effects every slider or player ratings effects, to exactly what extent is unknown, there have been test done in the past.

You have to bulid the sliders around whatever level of play you are comfortable with, Heisman seemed to speed the game up to me and boosted the ratings of the players in my opinion, Varsity seemed alot less aggressive so I went to All American this year, previous years I built the sliders around Varsity for CPU vs CPU play.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:04 AM   #68
Pro

OVR: 11

I PM'd a developer to ask him if he would be willing to help us out in the area. I'll let you know if I hear anything.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:06 AM   #69
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
I PM'd a developer to ask him if he would be willing to help us out in the area. I'll let you know if I hear anything.
Sounds good.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #70
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
I did the same thing yesterday.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #71
Rookie

i was thinkng that varsity was the way to go too. I thought that because when EA was doing NFL head coach, i believe they used pro as the level for gameplay.

unfortunately i think that with 4 gameplay levels, there is not an "even" setting. i hope i am wrong, but i think varsity gives the user a slight advantage and all-american gives the CPU an advantage. what i am looking for is a honest game, so i expect my PSU team to rout the first few (weak) opponnents, before they get into the meat of the schedule. it really shouldnt be that hard.

I hope we will get some help, it sounds like you guys know who to contact at least.

OT: is the site slow as molasses for everyone?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #72
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
EA has never given a straight answer to this question in regards to Madden (same issue), I am real curious to see their response.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »