Home

Varsity Slider Project, slthree

This is a discussion on Varsity Slider Project, slthree within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2009, 02:24 PM   #1
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Varsity Slider Project, slthree

Updated 7/29/09 added Special Teams sliders as well PS3

OK, I really like this game. I can't wait to post impressions. However, I have tried everyone's AA and Heisman sliders and still see things I don't like.

Some were mentioned in the Varsity Sliders thread. Thank you to that OP for getting me back on track and thinking "Pro" (Madden lingo) sliders.

Here's where I'm at right now

Offense User/CPU
QB Accuracy 10,10
Pass Blocking 40,15
WR Catching 35,45
RB Ability 50,50
Run Blocking 45,50

Defense
Pass Coverage 50, 60
Pass Rush 100,90
Int's 35,40
Rush Def 30,45
Tackling 45,40

Sp Teams
FG Power 10,10
FG Accuracy 35,40
Punt Poer 40,40
Punt Accuracy 30,50
KO Power55,55

Penalties
80 Offsides
50 False Start
50 Holding
50 Facemask
100 All 3 Interference sliders
60 Clipping
75 Int Grounding
65 Roughing Passer
70 Roughing Kicker

One of the things that bothered me on higher levels was dominant d-ends who could blitz the QB yet turn and run down a speed back.

It also seemed that the line play was not as stat based as I'd like. Some guys should have to be double teamed on every single play, yet the CPU would decide when they wanted to let your dline stud have a big play or not. It didn't seem tied to scheming and double teaming.

Sure, there were times your star de would make a huge play but then there would be times he could be completely manhandled by an average tackle, with no help from a back.

I don't care if every single one of my settings is changed. We all have one thing in common. We want the most realistic gameplay we can get.

Last edited by slthree; 07-29-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 02:30 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Varsity Slider Project, slthree

I would increase Pass Coverage and lower INT's just a heads up

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-19-2009, 02:33 PM   #3
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

a things i've noticed labbing sliders on every level with the same teams in practice is it seems that the lower the cpu pass block, the quicker the panic mode sets in and a lot of back foot throws and throws to the HB begin. Still a matter of opinion i guess.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:00 PM   #4
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8

I increased pass coverage on AA. Seems like it made other DB's break off of their coverage or their man to get to the play while the ball was in the air. I really dont like that. If a guy is across field running with his assigned man he should not break off as soon as I throw the ball. Hope this is not the case with varsity sliders though.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:03 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 6

I too would put int right down. Pass coverage for the cpu needs to go up as well imo. I would also up tackling for both to default and down human pass blocking to create a cpu pass rush.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 03:16 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm finding it difficult to get the best teams to absolutely pound the D-rated teams. When I play as a D-rated team I can still keep it fairly competitive and I by no means am a great player myself.

I also find it difficult to find a setting that makes the CPU pass downfield. Most of the CPU passes are in the short to short/medium range. I don't think I've seen the CPU throw a bomb yet.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:41 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 6

The cpu seem to get a lot more pancake blocks with pass rush at 100 and pass protection at 0 for both teams. This may need adjusting.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:07 PM   #8
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Guys, I'm at Church and still I can't stay away from the thread.

I forgot to mention that you have to play as multiple teams with varying differences in skill. Be Texas v UCF then reverse. Be Ohio State v Florida Atlantic then reverse.

Also, look for individual stars to test against. NC State has a great DE. You can take a team with a really good left tackle and see what happens then sub in an inferior left tackle and see if there is a difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »