Home

FistofRage's Heisman sliders...

This is a discussion on FistofRage's Heisman sliders... within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 04:03 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
FistofRage's Heisman sliders...

I will try to post a set tonight or tomorrow after some substantial testing.

The run block slider and the pass block slider didn't seem to have much effect when I tested last night.

I am usually opposed to upping the running back ability slider, but it may have to be done.

Because there is alot of skepticism about sliders being reversed, sliders not matching up to what they say they are going to do, I am going to create a set that is equal for both the human and AI until we get clarification.

I personnaly do not believe that sliders are reversed, but I have a feeling that some sliders have no effect or do too little to really notice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 04:30 PM   #2
Pro

steez3's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: FistofRage's Heisman sliders...

so you 100% believe that the game plays best on Heisman? no hope for AA? just asking cuz ive had bad experiences with heisman and all madden difficulty...just seems like the cpu is cheating more then getting better.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:48 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steez3
so you 100% believe that the game plays best on Heisman? no hope for AA? just asking cuz ive had bad experiences with heisman and all madden difficulty...just seems like the cpu is cheating more then getting better.
Not saying that, just for me personally, I always play every sports game at the hardest level. I have always played on heisman. The demo felt good on varsity. Go with what you like.

I haven't really noticed a cheat. At the end of the day, I'm just trying to get good competitive games between equal teams and have stats that are within the ballpark of being realistic and spot on realistic where I can. But this is a console game and not a simulator so there are things that just won't be perfect.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:43 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Keeping Everything Equal Here they are:

QBA 30
PB 0
WR Catch 40
RBA 60
RBlock 80

AWR 55
KD 100
INT 0
Brak Block 60
Tackling 50

FGA 0
FGL 0
Kick off length 60
Punt length 50
Punt Acc 50

Max the SUb out for RB and D Line.

Getting good games, will tweak a little more, but these are pretty guilt free because both the Human and AI have the same sliders.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:06 PM   #5
Pro

cactusruss's Arena

OVR: 7

Gonna give these a shot. I've always liked having user and cpu with equal sliders, and I've liked slider sets you've come up with in the past. I'll report on how these work for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 03:10 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusruss
Gonna give these a shot. I've always liked having user and cpu with equal sliders, and I've liked slider sets you've come up with in the past. I'll report on how these work for me.
Any feedback is appreciated. I may need to adjust the QBA, WRC, and possibly Knockdowns.

But its a decent first set, at least the games were pretty fun and competitive aginst fairly equal teams.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:26 PM   #7
Pro

cactusruss's Arena

OVR: 7

I just got my *** handed to me by the cpu. West Virginia(cpu) 42 Cincinnati(me) 14. The game was actually deadlocked at 14 until the 4th quarter where I threw 2 picks and gave up 2 80+ yard runs, one of which was on the last play of the game where the cpu should've just kneeled it.

On top of the 2 80 yarders, I also gave up a 75 yard run for a score. These were all three my fault, as I missed tackles I should've made. This is the first "next gen" football game I've played, so I'm still trying to re-train myself after 7 years of football on the ps2.

Anyway, the most important aspect of the game is how much fun it is, and even though I got crushed, the game was fun, and felt fair. I just need to work on my tackling, lol. Here's some quick stats.

Passing
ME- 122.3 rating 22-31 70% 198 yds. 1TD 2INT
CPU- 164.3 rating 10-15 66% 159 yds. 1TD 1INT

Rushing
ME- 30 carries 75 yds. 1TD
CPU 27 carries 353yds. 5TD

I played 7 min quarters.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:35 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusruss
I just got my *** handed to me by the cpu. West Virginia(cpu) 42 Cincinnati(me) 14. The game was actually deadlocked at 14 until the 4th quarter where I threw 2 picks and gave up 2 80+ yard runs, one of which was on the last play of the game where the cpu should've just kneeled it.

On top of the 2 80 yarders, I also gave up a 75 yard run for a score. These were all three my fault, as I missed tackles I should've made. This is the first "next gen" football game I've played, so I'm still trying to re-train myself after 7 years of football on the ps2.

Anyway, the most important aspect of the game is how much fun it is, and even though I got crushed, the game was fun, and felt fair. I just need to work on my tackling, lol. Here's some quick stats.

Passing
ME- 122.3 rating 22-31 70% 198 yds. 1TD 2INT
CPU- 164.3 rating 10-15 66% 159 yds. 1TD 1INT

Rushing
ME- 30 carries 75 yds. 1TD
CPU 27 carries 353yds. 5TD

I played 7 min quarters.
Good report. Let me know of anything after you get some more games in. I'll be testing a little more tonight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »