Home

Slider explanation thread and statistical slider set recommendations

This is a discussion on Slider explanation thread and statistical slider set recommendations within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2009, 03:04 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Slider explanation thread and statistical slider set recommendations

I have played three games with these sliders with TCU. Won all three games but only by one or two tds. My running game is dead on, the cpu, not sure since I have been using TCU. I play with 8min quarters (I let my center make all of his blocking calls, this really helps). I played Navy and they had like 44 - 124 - 2td. Clemson had 20 - 45 - 0td and Virginia had 17 - -11 - 0td. All teams can pass on me. So I turned down both QB Acc. 10/5. This helped a little but the SMU QB torched me for like 450 yds.
Another problem that I have been having is that every team comes back on me in the fourth quarter. I know about changing defense (played Div II LB). I used TCU specially because I like the 4 - 2 - 5. You can stay in your base defense against almost all offenses. Didn't work. I thought I should try rotating my players better so I took the time (where is the damn formation sub menu like the new Madden has) to change my players and keep my starters fresh for the 4 quarter. Didn't work. I always just come apart in the 4quarter. Any suggestions
Old 08-30-2009, 08:46 AM   #58
Pro

OVR: 6

I have now tested post patch here are the results with RB slider:
Rblock/Rdef/RBfficeffice" />>>
Inside>>
Outside>>
YPC>>
TFL>>
60/30/50>>
5.5>>
3.6>>
4.5>>
4>>
70/30/50>>
5.0>>
3.4>>
4.2>>
4>>
80/30/50>>
5.8>>
4.8>>
5.3>>
1>>
90/30/50>>
6.0>>
4.9>>
5.5>>
4>>
100/30/50>>
6.1>>
5.0>>
5.5>>
3>>
100/30/55>>
6.9>>
5.7>>
6.3>>
3>>
100/50/55>>
6.3>>
6.0>>
6.1>>
4>>

I noticed from this that "fixing" the RB slider on kickbacks alos involved turfing this slider which was more effective before. Currently 100/30/50 gives some of the best results. I will now recommend and try this. I need to test kickback on 100 still but it was fine on 80.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:22 PM   #59
Pro

After 3 test with TD runs for 80 yards I adjusted run blocking to 70 (apparently real world is more diffiuclt to predict). In 3 games since then with QB accuracy also reduced to 20 (48%, 56%, 57% on 20) the CPU is actually running the ball consistently and the running back is averaging 5.2, 5.6, 4.8 yards per carry. I am currently very happy with this slider set except for the sacks which still sit at around 4 per game. Since all of these are coverage sacks I am going to adjust coverage to 40 and see what happens. I am probably through tweaking this slider set and now will set about playing dynasty.

PS. SInce the patch the penalty sliders seem adjusted. I am actually seeing offsides on the defense (never before) and offsides on offense (still not enough), holding on the other hand (against the CPU) is out of hand with 7 per game. I am reducing the holding slider back to 50.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwups1
Ya know...I'm reading through this whole thread, to try and "make it as realistic as possible", becuase I want that too....but really, wouldn't it be easier if there were no sliders, and the game worked off of rating for each player?
No sir. To me - that would suck the fun out of the game. What chance would I have with winning playing as Akron vs. Penn State if ratings are gonna disctate the outcome? Or - what if I have superior stick skillz [which I don't in real life] and find it easy to win regqardless of the matchup? or what if I am just learning how to play the game and am a casual fan of video games in general? In all these instances - different sliders and skill levels broaden the appeal and longevity of the game. Sliders aren't the enemy - it's our neurotic obsession to have vidieo games accurately mimic every nuance of real life - which is utterly impossible. Consider it like our chase for the Holy Grail.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:30 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
No sir. To me - that would suck the fun out of the game. What chance would I have with winning playing as Akron vs. Penn State if ratings are gonna disctate the outcome? Or - what if I have superior stick skillz [which I don't in real life] and find it easy to win regqardless of the matchup? or what if I am just learning how to play the game and am a casual fan of video games in general? In all these instances - different sliders and skill levels broaden the appeal and longevity of the game. Sliders aren't the enemy - it's our neurotic obsession to have vidieo games accurately mimic every nuance of real life - which is utterly impossible. Consider it like our chase for the Holy Grail.
Guess it just depends on the person, but I'd like the game to be more realistic. What's the fun in playing the game if I can take Utah St and win the NC beating USC 72-0? People don't expect the game to be as perfect as possible, but we'd like EA to focus a little more on making the game realistic.

If you're Akron you shouldn't be able to beat Penn St, but there should still be a chance at an upset if you call a better game plan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 10:34 AM   #62
Rookie

As for the sliders, I've been using these sliders pre-patch and post-patch, and think they are great.

I run a flexbone offense so maybe my numbers are a little skewed, but to me the ypc seem kinda high. Additionally the number of drops in a game seem high. Anyone else notice these things, or is it just my team?
Old 09-21-2009, 05:28 PM   #63
Pro

After finishing a season I have made few more alterations published on page 1.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:24 AM   #64
Rookie

Played a game with your sliders...

My passing numbers were kinda high and rushing numbers too low (3ypc). Grant it I was playing on my dynasty where I run a spread offense and have a very good scrambling QB.

As for defense I found it nearly impossible to stop the cpu. I'll run a few practice games tomorrow (not with my dynasty team) and see what happens.

At least now I'll know what to correct based on what you've come up with on the first page .

Also have been noticing that the sim stats are more accurate, both in game and in season. Still rushing stats could use a boost.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »