Home

I suffer from CGSD- Can't Get a Sack Dysfunction

This is a discussion on I suffer from CGSD- Can't Get a Sack Dysfunction within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2009, 09:32 PM   #1
Rookie

therealdrj24's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon8 I suffer from CGSD- Can't Get a Sack Dysfunction

I've been surfing around this forum, seeing really great slider setups, the only problem that I'm having is finding a set up that allows me to get pressure on the QB and try for sacks.

Before the patch, I could get 2-5 sacks a game, now i'm lucky if I get 1 a game. Right now I have the CPUs Pass Prot set at 40, and my Pass Rush set at 70 and I either have my Gameplan set for conservative or regular on jumping the snap (since when I set it to aggressive, it says my line has jumped the snap, but they NEVER get penetration).

When I do get that elusive sack, it's usually a converage sack where the QB has held the ball for at least 6 seconds and i NEVER get a blitzing sack. When I do bring a blitz, such as overloading 1 side or bringing 6 guys, the CPU manages to block them all.

I'm looking for any kind of pointers as to how i should align my line, LB or what to help boost my sack D, which with my USC Trojans is 23 sacks after 11 games ranking around 90/119 . USC always has great pass rushers on the line and in the LB corp.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 10:45 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: I suffer from CGSD- Can't Get a Sack Dysfunction

one of the things i'd suggest is switching up your D-line stunts...for the 360, it's the left trigger button (pre-snap) and then right thumb stick (that allows you 4 different stunt types). also, move your D-line into different gaps. but i'm learning that pre-snap adjustments/movements are really important.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:58 PM   #3
Rookie

therealdrj24's Arena

I do mix it up, if I have an OLB blitz, i will use my dline adjustment to try to pull the tackles inward so the OLB has a better angle at the QB. I have learned, that to help open up holes to spread out the dline and that helps but the QB tends to go Robo and I can't get the sack.

I really hate that I can't get as much pressure on the QB as I want.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:40 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

yeah, it can get frustrating. the other thing i'm seeing is that this year's game puts a premium on the right coverage. i find myself mixing up my defenses a LOT more this year, as opposed to playing a "vanilla" style of defense every play. 4-3, cover-two just won't cut it every down - LOL!!
Old 08-15-2009, 12:48 AM   #5
Rookie

therealdrj24's Arena

I would say i run 50/50 between man and zone. I really like the LOLB zone blitz, can't remember the name, but it generally opens up a hole and i like to flip the play at times so the ROLB comes in. I have good luck with that one, it's just the QB goes Robo on me and he'll throw it as I'm hitting him and 60% of the time they call roughing the passer, but it can't be roughing the passer if the ball is a lame duck. Just another instance of Robo QB striking again, that jerk.

If anyone has any good ideas for slider settings to help give me a better chance of having my line play like they would in real life, I would be very grateful

Last edited by therealdrj24; 08-15-2009 at 12:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 01:31 AM   #6
Rookie

therealdrj24's Arena

Does increasing the CPU's pass protection increase the time the QB will hold onto the ball along with the Line being tougher to get by?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »