Home

mudtiger 360 2011 slider log

This is a discussion on mudtiger 360 2011 slider log within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2010, 10:05 PM   #9
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: mudtiger 360 2011 slider log

Interesting observation.

In my 6 or so 'half games' as Army against AF 2x, Navy 2x, ND, UCLA, my major takeaway from the cpu offense is that it needs help on the ground. I haven't gotten a bead on cpu passing.

I'm liking slow game speed and 10 minute quarters. I'm getting about 25-35 plays per team in a half, so that should get me to 60 plays in a full game.

Sub in/out definitely need to be changed. I'll probably try out the settings I used last year.

I'm feeling good about the penalty settings I used last year for the most part.

I think I've got an idea of what I'll start tweaking so I'll probably begin playing whole games tomorrow and capture the stats.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:35 PM   #10
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

Here's where I'm starting off after more half games.

It's at default if it is not listed

AA - Slow, 10 minutes

Human
Int 0
RshD 0
FGAc 5
PntAc 5

CPU
RnBl 75
Int 0
RshD 15

Penalties
Offside/False Start 100
Holding 60
OPI 75/DPI 100
Grounding/Roughing Passer 75
Old 07-18-2010, 05:51 PM   #11
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

I'm pretty disgusted with the cpu's inability to run the option right now. I'm seeing some silly things like the FB trap being blown up in the backfield every time the cpu runs it. I also see the cpu qb in a triple option play cover the ball with both hands like it has the right stick held up, even to the point where it sometimes stumbles.

The cpu decision making on the triple option is terrible. Almost to the point where it seems random or plain broken.

Even with human run D at 0 and cpu run blocking at 100, the cpu struggles running the triple option.

Soooo, I can't say I've completed a full game where I've had fun yet. Typical drive when playing as Army against Navy - Navy loses 1 yard on FB trap. Navy gains 2 on triple option. Navy passes for 10 yards to get first. Rinse and repeat, but throw in the occasional successful run simply because of broken tackles.

I think I need to try heisman and varsity to see if the cpu option game is any better at a different difficulty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 08:00 PM   #12
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtiger
I'm pretty disgusted with the cpu's inability to run the option right now. I'm seeing some silly things like the FB trap being blown up in the backfield every time the cpu runs it. I also see the cpu qb in a triple option play cover the ball with both hands like it has the right stick held up, even to the point where it sometimes stumbles.

The cpu decision making on the triple option is terrible. Almost to the point where it seems random or plain broken.

Even with human run D at 0 and cpu run blocking at 100, the cpu struggles running the triple option.

Soooo, I can't say I've completed a full game where I've had fun yet. Typical drive when playing as Army against Navy - Navy loses 1 yard on FB trap. Navy gains 2 on triple option. Navy passes for 10 yards to get first. Rinse and repeat, but throw in the occasional successful run simply because of broken tackles.

I think I need to try heisman and varsity to see if the cpu option game is any better at a different difficulty.
I feel you on the option. I've tried Heisman and Varsity and both seem to run the option better, though you will still see the CPU QB fail to pitch the ball to a wide open RB. But they seem to make slightly better reads, but its not up to par with where it needs to be yet.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:18 PM   #13
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

I would agree that the cpu seems to run the option better on varsity based on only one game. Just finished as Army vs AF with playmakers varsity sliders. Results give me some hope.

AF 17
Army 29

AF
plays 53
off 371
rsh 31-174
pass 12-22-197
3rd 2-11(18%)
pen 10-91

broken tackles 12
drops 2
sack 0
tfl 7

Army
plays 63
off 431
rsh 55-356
pass 3-8-75
3rd 8-14(57%)

broken tackles 12
pen 3-25
drops 3
sacks 5
tfl 7

Too much offense in the game, but I would hope that could be toned down some. 12 broken tackles per side helped break open too many big plays. AF got hosed on a ton of holding calls so I'm going to put holding at 55.

I'm a bit concerned that play totals are about 10 too low. I want roughly 120 total and I'm getting 110 with 10 minute quarters. If the average yards per play can be brought down, I'll up it to 11 minute quarters.

Gonna make some changes to playmakers sliders to slow down the offense and see what happens.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:53 PM   #14
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

Im using his sliders also. I generally follow yours and try those, and most years I end up on Heisman, but decided to try Varsity after getting shut down hardcore on Heisman (running game). Liking it so far.

Quote:
Quote:
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:02 PM   #15
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

Tweaked playmakers varsity sliders some to see if my offense could be slowed some while decreasing the broken tackles.

Varsity
Human
qba 5
pbl 50
wrc 30
rba 30
rbl 50
pcv 35
psr 50
int 0
rsd 10
tkl 50
fgp 50
fga 10
pp 0
ppa 10
kop 50

cpu
qba 55
pbl 50
wrc 50
rba 55
rbl 75
pcv 50
psr 100
int 0
rsd 75
tkl 75
fgp 50
fga 50
pp 50
pa 50
kop 50

half a game
Army 16
AF 7

Army
plays 38
off 166
avg yards per play 4.3
rush 35-149
pass 2-3-17
3rd 4-8(50%)
pen 2-15
Broken tackle 2
drops 0

AF
plays 16
off 97
avg ypp 6
rsh 12-92
pass 1-4-5
3rd 0-3(0%)
pen 3-29
Broken tackle 2
drops 1

Still feels like army's offense is overpowered. CPU offense was more contained, but could still move the ball. Broken tackles projected for a full game to 4 or so per team is cut in half and then some from last game.

Of course my biggest concern is the same one I have every year with varsity, it never consistently provides a challenge. I may get decent stats, but I could always win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 09:01 AM   #16
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

I'm with you on your last statement (always winning on Varsity). If I play as a good team (I'm an FSU fan and use them more times than not), I feel like I have to play a massively stupid game to not win. In Play Now games, I've been able to consistently beat (though not by much) all teams.

If I play as Eastern Michigan or Kent State, then I have a rough go of it and lose (like I should) but it seems that when the USER is an above average team, it's very difficult to lose.

It's why I generally end up on Heisman, which is where I'm gonna start testing tonight. Ugh. I hate slider testing.

Quote:
Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »