Home

SteelerSpartan Custom NCAA 11 Sliders

This is a discussion on SteelerSpartan Custom NCAA 11 Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2010, 05:28 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: SteelerSpartan Custom NCAA 11 Sliders

I'll give these a shot later tonight and get back to you.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:10 PM   #10
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Update: 1st Post Updated

Well after a break,I went back in and tried get the Dbs playing more aggressive without them going psychic

Im liking the changes thus far......The added increase to the CPU Coverage helps them contain the flats better......

I ran a lot of Curl Routes and Posts in 1-1 cov with different matchups.

Theres definiley a noticeable difference at how well the DBs will recover and get back into position now

The changes I made were:

Human Pass Cov 0 to 5
Cpu Pass Cov 0 to 30

On a side note, again I do think the FG Power sliders are broken for both Human and CPU

Im going to stick with these for a while now, unless something major pops up....I'll try and post stats

Tackling Tip

In case some of you didn't play Madden 10 much and didn't get your 1st taste of Pro-Tak last year, heres a tip...........

Hold A to help gang tackle and trigger Pro Tak

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 07-13-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:47 PM   #11
Rookie

Final -
Me (B Team) 30
CPU (C TEAM) 17

The CPU seemed like it had pretty realistic offensive stats. From my end I went 5/16 but I chalk a bit of that up to me being rusty. I threw 3 or 4 balls that were knocked down by linebackers I didn't even see.

Misc Notes:
The CPU lost 3 fumbles but they had at least 3 more fumbles that I didn't recover. There were 0 INTs thrown for either side. CPU ran 62 offensive plays, myself 43. My defensive coverage at times just seemed terrible, leaving guys wide open but other times it was fine. 3 penalties called throughout the game, 2 false starts and a roughing the passer. Both teams had 1 drop combined (mine).

I had 0 sacks on the opposing QB until the final 2 drives where the CPU QB was holding onto the ball for long periods of time, when I picked up 3. Didn't seem too bad though, CPU QB did a good job of getting the ball out quickly early in the game so I can't be angry about that.

The BIGGEST thing I noticed was how bad my running game was. If it weren't for a late 68 yard run, my starting HB would have had exactly 14 yards on 14 attempts. The other team's D-Line was absolutely blowing up my offensive line.

Edit: My offense was pretty bad. I made a few big plays with a fumble return for TD and a kickoff return.

Last edited by chapmanosu1; 07-13-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2010, 11:24 PM   #12
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmanosu1
Final -
Me (B Team) 30
CPU (C TEAM) 17

The CPU seemed like it had pretty realistic offensive stats. From my end I went 5/16 but I chalk a bit of that up to me being rusty. I threw 3 or 4 balls that were knocked down by linebackers I didn't even see.

Misc Notes:
The CPU lost 3 fumbles but they had at least 3 more fumbles that I didn't recover. There were 0 INTs thrown for either side. CPU ran 62 offensive plays, myself 43. My defensive coverage at times just seemed terrible, leaving guys wide open but other times it was fine. 3 penalties called throughout the game, 2 false starts and a roughing the passer. Both teams had 1 drop combined (mine).

I had 0 sacks on the opposing QB until the final 2 drives where the CPU QB was holding onto the ball for long periods of time, when I picked up 3. Didn't seem too bad though, CPU QB did a good job of getting the ball out quickly early in the game so I can't be angry about that.

The BIGGEST thing I noticed was how bad my running game was. If it weren't for a late 68 yard run, my starting HB would have had exactly 14 yards on 14 attempts. The other team's D-Line was absolutely blowing up my offensive line.

Edit: My offense was pretty bad. I made a few big plays with a fumble return for TD and a kickoff return.
were you trying to run it from the option read or pro style?????

Were you using my latest update, of RB BLK at 45 and CPU Rush D at 50.....Cpu Tackling 50??????

^^^Its been tough sledding even at those updated settings....I'll agree but Ive still had some 100 yard games. Though you may be right about it being a little too tough for a 45 to 50 Differential..

If you feel like your banging your head against the wall too much, Id suggest Flipping those to 50 User Run Blk to 45 Cpu Rush D..........but be careful, Toss, Pulling and Stretch plays might become too successful

I fell into that trap last year....its a delicate balance.... Last Year Id be getting stuffed with WVUs spread option run attack but have my Pro Style Teams I played with(Mich St, Arkansas) kept in check well ......So Id then increase Run blk a little more to get a better Spread Option run going......but as Soon as I did, Id dominate with my Pro style rushing teams

I could take Mich St and push Cody from Alabama around at will and rack up 150-250 rushing yards easily

Im going to stick it out at 45 to 50 for another day or so at least....but if you guys find a good balance let me know

My CFB Teams:

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 07-13-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:25 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
were you trying to run it from the option read or pro style?????

Were you using my latest update, of RB BLK at 45 and CPU Rush D at 50.....Cpu Tackling 50??????

^^^Its been tough sledding even at those updated settings....I'll agree but Ive still had some 100 yard games. Though you may be right about it being a little too tough for a 45 to 50 Differential..

If you feel like your banging your head against the wall too much, Id suggest Flipping those to 50 User Run Blk to 45 Cpu Rush D..........but be careful, Toss, Pulling and Stretch plays might become too successful

I fell into that trap last year....its a delicate balance.... Last Year Id be getting stuffed with WVUs spread option run attack but have my Pro Style Teams I played with(Mich St, Arkansas) kept in check well ......So Id then increase Run blk a little more to get a better Spread Option run going......but as Soon as I did, Id dominate with my Pro style rushing teams

I could take Mich St and push Cody from Alabama around at will and rack up 150-250 rushing yards easily

Im going to stick it out at 45 to 50 for another day or so at least....but if you guys find a good balance let me know
I was having moderate success with plays to the outside and options (probably 3-6 yards average). But anytime I ran it up the gut, I was met by 3 dudes and either picked up a yard or a loss. I'm admittedly only a run of the mill player and haven't gotten the dual sticks running down, so I'm gonna keep going at it, probably bumping the run block up a bit.

Gonna keep using these and making my own adjustments as the games go on. I'll keep you updated.

Probably gonna fool around with the slow game speed too.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:25 PM   #14
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

Version 1.2 Released.......updated my 1st Post.....will post some stats shots soon

My CFB Teams:

Old 07-15-2010, 12:33 PM   #15
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

(UK(Me)30 vs Mississippi State 27) 7 min Qrt
Slider Set: Default 1.2

Good hard fought game, might have been different had I played at Miss State

My CFB Teams:

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 07-18-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 03:09 PM   #16
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

(WVU(Me)24 at Colorado 21) 7 min Qrt
Slider Set: Default 1.2

Game Impressions:

Ugh what a miserable day throwing for me in this one.....Threw 2 big ints that lead to Colorado hanging with me and actually taking the lead in the 4th.....Had I not thrown Ints that lead to 2 Colorado TDs I probably would have won by 10 or more.......My 90 LT/LGs were whipping their High 70ish DL pretty good.....Devine got his and my bruiser Clarke kept the chains moving in some crucial 3rd down conversions

My CFB Teams:

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 07-18-2010 at 11:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »