Home

Working on slider settings for Heisman...

This is a discussion on Working on slider settings for Heisman... within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2010, 07:07 PM   #9
Banned

bignasty022's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Working on slider settings for Heisman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by King LeJon #23
On default, I feel like either HUM Pass blocking isnt good enough or the CPU pass rush is waaay too good.
Yeah I feel that way about most EA football games.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:59 PM   #10
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I am five games deep into my Heisman dynasty with Penn state. I definitely can support the two notch downgrade to CPU pass block and two notch upgrade to USER pass rush. Personally, I am not goign to adjust USER rush or accuracy, but I might give user catch one notch up. I have not yet tinkered with CPU coverage but I might knock it down 2 notches, but 35 seems low.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:00 PM   #11
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

Oh and what are your game settings? I play heisman, 6 minute quarters, slow game speed, and 50 speed threshold
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2010, 10:59 PM   #12
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Heisman, 8 minutes, normal speed.

I made some adjustments from the OP's settings that are working really well for me.

I left Hum QB Accuracy at 50.

I lowered Hum Run Blk to 55 from the Op's 60.

Everything else is the same as the OP
Old 07-13-2010, 11:49 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I am five games deep into my Heisman dynasty with Penn state. I definitely can support the two notch downgrade to CPU pass block and two notch upgrade to USER pass rush. Personally, I am not goign to adjust USER rush or accuracy, but I might give user catch one notch up. I have not yet tinkered with CPU coverage but I might knock it down 2 notches, but 35 seems low.
Do you run out of the shotgun more or what? I mean, when I was playing it was SO bad. Like, the quick out was blanketed by linebackers. 35 might be too low, but I am afraid to see what happens when it goes to 40. Let me know how it is. I am also using 35 speed disparity btw if I forgot to mention.
Georgia Bulldogs
Miami Hurricanes

Teambuilder ID: ttrojan2
Old 07-13-2010, 11:59 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 8

I actually think Heisman default is very good out the box. My only concern is the special teams. I have not seen a kickoff or punt return or even feel like the cpu or user has a chance to bust one through 10 games. Is this coincidence or are you guys seeing the same thing? Maybe a little too much pressure from the cpu defense but I like he challenge.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:26 AM   #15
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

Ok, here is a game I just played. Me, 21 ranked Penn State (5-2) vs Michigan (4-3) at Penn State. I win in overtime 23-20

Sliders (only mentioning sliders I changed, all sliders not mentioned are left at default 50). Heisman, 6 minute quarter, 45 speed threshold, slow game speed

CPU -

Pass Block - 35
Pass Coverage - 35
Int - 40

USER -

Catch - 55
Rush Defense - 45
Pass rush - 60

I was only picked once, which is rare against a good team on heisman, and it was only a pick because I was hit as I threw. Even with CPU pass block down three notches and USER pass rush up two notches I still didn't get a single sack. Troubling. I feel like I am getting closer to a solution with these sliders but while the user stats for the game are close to where I feel comfortable, realism wise, the CPU stats still aren't there yet. Here is how it panned out

CPU - USER

Rush/Yards/TD - 15-65-0 - 28-123-0
Comp/ATT/TD - 21-30-2 - 14-34-2
Passing yards - 216 - 274

I was sacked twice and hurried numerous times. I put a little pressure on QB but not much. Only have like 9 team sacks in 7 games. I don't control D-line, I control LB because I think controlling DL makes it too easy to stop option plays with new blocking scheme, but still, my d-line is above average and I can't get sacks still. The run game is weird, I can get a solid 6 yards per carry average with either of my two great backs out of ace or I formation but running out of shotgun on Heisman is proving to be difficult, my read options get stuffed frequently, speed option works sometimes, draw sometimes, so its not all that bad, but considering the option blocking is a new feature and i cant really enjoy it I am trying to find the right slider for it. If i bump up USER rush sliders though then I will be unstoppable out of I-form and ace...so I don't know what to do there. Forcer going 21-30 doesnt bother me, in my other games I held the CPU to a much more realistic completion percentage. It was just one of those games. The CPU rush totals are severely lacking, in fact, I have only had 100 yards rushed on me once, against PITT. I lowered USER rush D one notch and will probably raise CPU rush block one notch as well. I know my D is good but I really wanted to get rushed on in this years game, not sure what people were saying when they said the CPU killed them on AA cuz this is on heisman and its lacking.

I am hoping somebody discovers an ultra realistic, super tough slider set soon I am dying to enjoy this game fully. The potential is there.

Perhaps I should lower user rush D one more notch, raise cpu rush block one notch to 55, lower cpu pass protection another notch, raise user pash rush again, and see where that gets me.

I dont mind getting pressured a lot, it evens out the game. Even with 35 cpu pass coverage passing the ball is difficult, though, I am under pressure often and my QB is not very accurate, and only a sophomore too, so maybe its realistic.

any input appreciated. Considering moving up to 7 min quarters to get more CPU carries as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 05:29 AM   #16
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tswiatkowski
Do you run out of the shotgun more or what? I mean, when I was playing it was SO bad. Like, the quick out was blanketed by linebackers. 35 might be too low, but I am afraid to see what happens when it goes to 40. Let me know how it is. I am also using 35 speed disparity btw if I forgot to mention.
Forget my post there, you were right. In fact, after that last game I just psted about, I am thinking of lowering CPU pass coverage even more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »