Home

CPU vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on CPU vs CPU Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2010, 05:46 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid
It shouldn't Joe but I've set both user and cpu as the same - just in case it's using them for home and away - always a possiblity with EA.

To answer your other question - total plays are about right depending upon the team style of play, around about 120-130 per game.
Good stuff Ninjoid. Awesome work. One more question:

Can you say that you are consistently seeing your RB run to the outside more (maybe not perfect) toward the sidelines instead of cutting back in the middle directly into the defense with your new slider set?
Old 07-16-2010, 05:51 PM   #74
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

I think it's slighly better Joe....it could always do with more, but I do think it's improved, maybe because of the blocking, I don't know.....don't get me wrong, you're not going to see a marked improvement, more a slight - but improvement it is imo.

I have homefield advantage and ice the kicker on too (not that this ever happens in cpu v cpu mode)
Old 07-16-2010, 06:09 PM   #75
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

Indiana 17 @ Clemson 38

Clemson:
Parker, 21/39, 318yds 4tds, 0 ints, 2 sacks

Harper, 26/218yds, 1 td

Indiana:
Chappell, 21/42, 265yds, 2tds, 5ints 3 sacks

Burgess, 11/62yds
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 06:38 PM   #76
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Has anyone been able to find a combination that really lets a triple option team run their offense? Seems like whatever I try they end up having to throw the ball 30 times a game to gain any yards. In reality we should only be seeing around 10 passes a game max from teams like Navy and Georgia Tech. In the stats I have seen from these teams they throw it way too much and it seems to stem from the lack of running game able to be produced by the CPU running the option.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:48 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just tried out what Claystone has been using. Pretty exciting game to watch. ASU was hanging on to a 3 point lead with under a minute to go in the game, when Wisconsin marched 60 yards down the field to get in the redzone. After spiking the ball at the 7 yard line with 13 seconds left, they completed a dump off to their RB, who broke one tackle, then got hit by ASU's middle linebacker. The RBs momentum carried him to the 1 yard line. Wisconsin tried lining up for a field goal, but couldn't get it off in time. It was an awesome ending

Anywho, here were the stats:

Wisconsin:
Passing - Tolzien - 20-33 (60%), 279 yds, 1 td, 0 int
Rushing - Ball - 27 att, 79 yds (2.9), Clay - 15 att, 74 yds (4.9
Receiving - Gilreath - 7 rec, 76 yds, Toon - 2 rec, 63 yds, 1 td

Arizona State:
Passing - Threet - 23-37 (62%), 339 yds, 1 td
Rushing - Marshal - 14 att, -4 yds (-.3)
Receiving - Taylor - 4 rec, 73 yds, Robinson, 3 rec, 27 yds, 1 td

Overall, my thoughts coincide with Claystone...the passing game was awesome. Completion %s were very realistic, there was a good mix of short passes, medium passes, and deep passes. There was 1 awesome bomb into the endzone, and also an incredible diving catch. The run game is where the problem is. Running backs always stuck in the middle of the field (and as you can see ASU's run game was virtually non-existent). It also affected receivers after they caught the ball. ASU had 1 catch that should've been a sure TD, but the WR just ran towards the safety and got tackled.

If someone can figure out a fix for the rungame, CPU vs CPU this year will be awesome
Old 07-16-2010, 10:42 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 6

IDK if this helps but I was actually getting really close CPU vs CPU games with playmakers varsity sliders. But then I turned down the pass blocking for the cpu sliders and the home teams started getting killed with turnovers. IDK if it is just a fluke but the last 2 games the HOME team has gotten beat bad and averaged 7 turnovers. Before that the games were very close.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:56 PM   #79
Rookie

zwief's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove7
IDK if this helps but I was actually getting really close CPU vs CPU games with playmakers varsity sliders. But then I turned down the pass blocking for the cpu sliders and the home teams started getting killed with turnovers. IDK if it is just a fluke but the last 2 games the HOME team has gotten beat bad and averaged 7 turnovers. Before that the games were very close.

This is the exact reason we have to keep the user and cpu sliders the same. EA has always made one of the teams a user and the other a cpu not matter if the game is in fact a cpu vs cpu matchuip. It is very important to do this. I have seen it in many games past and present.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:06 AM   #80
Rookie

zwief's Arena

Does anyone know if the scheduling glitch is going to be in a patch? Has anyone heard anything yet? It really bugs me and I really dont want to start a dynasty if they are going to end up fixing it. I know I shouldn't count on it, but you never know with EA. I think its a pretty big deal and its something that should be fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »