Home

Canes21 Sliders NCAA 11

This is a discussion on Canes21 Sliders NCAA 11 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2010, 05:29 AM   #81
Rookie

seawolves9's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Canes21 Sliders NCAA 11

Dang, I was just gonna try the Heisman ones out too. But your recent findings have me a little discouraged. Seeing an FCS QB go 7/11 isn't good. Neither is the news about the zone coverage ha. I remember last year the same kind of thing would happen. Unless you totally nerfed the CPU's throw accuracy to like, 0 or 5 on Heisman, the FCS QB's could pretty much pick you apart (at least in my experiences with them). I'll be patiently awaiting any tweaks and updates on the sliders. Thanks for the work man.. I'm liking the All-American ones thus far, but running the ball seems easy at times, and the CPU run game just can't seem to get goin. Other than that, things have played out very well for me. I think you found gameplay bliss with your speed settings. It feels right with slow speed and a lower threshold.

EDIT: USING ALL-AMERICAN SLIDERS V1.5 (I THINK) So much for running being easy ha. So far I've only been able to muster 25 yards on 12 attempts using Nevada against UNLV nearing halftime. Everytime I run, the lineman seem to be getting off their blocks as soon as my running back gets the ball. The read option is worthless as the defense already has 2 or 3 guys in my backfield as soon as I make my read. It's tough. I'm kinda liking it though. In my earlier playing with these sliders, I was running pretty well as Western Kentucky out of the Shotgun. One thing that's standing out to me though is the CPU pass game. Clayton is 10-12 for 116 yards and 1 TD. He seems to get rid of it just as soon as my blitz gets to him, rendering blitzing useless. But somehow his guys are getting wide open even in man coverage when I'm playing with 3 or 4 CB's on the field. Sorry for the long write up, just thought I'd give ya a little feedback as to what's going on.

Last edited by seawolves9; 07-23-2010 at 06:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 06:57 AM   #82
Rookie

seawolves9's Arena

OVR: 7

Final Stats using All-American v1.5

UNLV 7
Nevada (Me) 15

First Downs: 11 - 18
Total Offense: 240 - 338
Rushing: 17 carries; 71 yards - 36 carries; 125 yards
Passing: 17 for 26; 1 TD - 16 for 24; 1 TD
3rd Down: 4/9 - 7/13
4th Down: 0/0 - 0/1
2 Pt: 0/0 - 0/1
Red Zone: 0/1 - 3/3
Turnovers: 1 (Fumble) - 0
Punts: 5 punts; 36.8 average - 2 punts; 45.5 average
Penalties: 1 pen for 15 yards - 2 pen for 17 yards
T.O.P.: 14:01 - 25:33

Very hard fought game. By far my best experience in a sports game to date. I have a few things to note though. I'll try to break it up into my offense v. cpu then breakdown the cpu offense v my defense. Sorry if it's kinda cluttered.

As you can see, my running game really got goin in the second half. Most of this was due more to my ability to find the hole and the cut back lane, because most of the time my original hole was already filled with defenders because they got off their blocks so quickly. I might have to up HUM Run Blocking a tad. I had ample time to get rid of the football, Caepernick just missed some receivers, but that was nice to see. He went 15-23 201 yards and 1 TD and got player of the game. He didn't do so well running the ball however, because of the aforementioned problem with defenders getting off the blocks so quickly.

Defensively, it was a pretty good game. Omar Clayton was tearing me up early on, but I injured him late in the 2nd quarter and he was out the rest of the game. My coverage had a few lapses that went for big gains, and even a touchdown. At times I felt a little robo QB'd, as many of the CPU incompletions were due to the pass hitting a lineman at the LOS. CPU run game felt much better this game than it did in previous games. They had some nice runs for some good gains. I felt like they abandoned the run game after their fumble on the goal line, which I found pretty interesting. Before that, they were doing pretty good.

All in all, it felt like a pretty balanced game. Not very many big plays, just a solid game of football. The two teams matched pretty well. Nevada's defense isn't very good, and neither is UNLV's, so I expected much more of a shoot out type of game. I think I might play on 9 minute quarters next time. Play count was at 103 combined of course. If I can remember anything of importance, I'll edit it in ha. But for now, I'd like to say thanks for the hard work on these sliders. They're outstanding. I'll get in a few more games with these later and will post more feedback.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:18 AM   #83
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Sorry guys. I haven't been able to update the sliders. I'm at a Baseball State Championship . I should be back around Wednesday. By then I might have an update depending on how much I play if at any.

― Plato
Old 07-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #84
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Back from the tournament. Started an OD with a friend. He is Army and I am Buffalo. He switched out Eastern Michigan with Army to be in my conference. My first game with my latest AA sliders I beat FCS East 21-7. I did score with 1:00 left in the game, so it was a little closer than the score suggests. I am enjoying my sliders again!

― Plato
Old 07-31-2010, 01:53 AM   #85
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Here is the link to two dynasties I am in that are using my slider set.

http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_use...1&sku=662A0001

http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_use...0&sku=662A0001

*Note: In the Miami dynasty we have yet to up HUM Pass Coverage to 35, so the stats through week 4 will be in favor of the CPU;s passing attack.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2010, 12:52 PM   #86
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Has anyone tried the latest set and want to leave feedback?

― Plato
Old 07-31-2010, 08:41 PM   #87
Banned

OVR: 14

gimme asec
Old 08-01-2010, 04:36 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Has anyone tried the latest set and want to leave feedback?
I've been trying them, and I like them, except getting big runs seems to be too easy.

I'm doing a dynasty with Michigan State and through 4 games...
Western Michigan...W 62-14
Florida Atlantic...W 42-21
@Notre Dame...L 25-27
FCS SE...W 75-0

My rushing totals for my two backs are...
Caper - 100 car, 793 yds, 7.9 ypc, 8 TD
Baker - 29 car, 411 yds, 14.1 ypc, 7 TD

My passing totals are...
Cousins - 41-81, 620 yds, 5 TD, 2 INT
Maxwell - 4-9, 50 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT

I know the competition has been pretty easy, but those numbers are pretty extreme. We'll see how much it's corrected by playing Big Ten teams now. I think the passing settings are perfect for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »