Home

IBO's All-American Sliders

This is a discussion on IBO's All-American Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2010, 06:02 PM   #33
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: IBO's All-American Sliders

I believe this set is very closed to being something great. Here are my results after playing my first game with them. I am Penn State, CPU is Ohio State, at Penn State. All settings as described in the OP, v. 1.4.1

Score: Penn State 7 - Ohio State 23

(ME/CPU)
First Downs: 13 - 14
Rushes/Yards/TD - 28-128-1 - 35-147-0
COMP/ATT/TD - 13-33-0 - 17-20-3
Passing Yards - 145 - 196
TURNOVERS: 6 - 1
T.O.P - 19:46 - 25:53

I sacked them twice, was not sacked. I had pressure a few times but with Newsome you can scramble away and throw the ball away/go for yards. I thought I was sacked twice maybe I just crossed the line. I guess it felt OK from the CPU perspective
Concerns:

I had five picks that were ALL, every single, tipped passes into defenders hands. VERY FRUSTRATING. Not sure how to fix this? Lower cpu INT a lot so they are just drops?

I am torn being concerned about some things or just writing it off to having played a better team, even though I was at home. The CPU passing stats are a little troublesome, pryor was 12-15 and the backup was 5-5 (pryor got hurt for a few minutes). I honestly think maybe the pass rush settings should tilt another notch toward the user, as pressure will force inaccurate throws. Then again, he is a beast in this game, I guess this is up for debate. The CPU rushing game was good, their HB went 25 carries for 128 yards, I had a hard time rushing the ball, especially out of shot gun, which is why I went from heisman to AA in the first place. Seems like a universal problem not just a heisman problem. If you make it so shot gun runs work, then i form and pro style runs are over powered. The pro form runs are just easier right now which sucks. IF anyone can find balance somewhere it would be great. The Ohio State kicker, 90 overall, went 1-3 and missed a PAT. It was an away game, buts still, any thoughts on that?
Old 07-14-2010, 06:52 PM   #34
Rookie

TW1983's Arena

OVR: 0

hey guys whats up. i tried this set and liked some of the things i noticed. like field goals were better cuz the cpu actually misses now. and im not kicking FG's, punts and kick offs as accurate like before {which i like}. and i had to adjust a few of the other sliders {for my preference}. overall good job, i'm actually not bad at making sliders. but this game is really difficult for me to make a set. and i think i know why. im probably guessing just 1 slider set is not gonna work for every single team in the game. i bet this year every team is different and unique and needs THEIR OWN SLIDERS. so if you make a dynasty with a not so good team, then make a slider set specificly for THAT team . i might be on to something who knows haha.

keep up the good work man.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:59 PM   #35
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

Version 1.6 is now out.

Thanks to the guys who played on 1.5 and gave me input, I tweaked what ya'll thought should be tweaked, and I am about to play v 1.6 in about 10 minutes. I am hoping this version is close to being where it needs to be. We'll see
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 07:01 PM   #36
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW1983
hey guys whats up. i tried this set and liked some of the things i noticed. like field goals were better cuz the cpu actually misses now. and im not kicking FG's, punts and kick offs as accurate like before {which i like}. and i had to adjust a few of the other sliders {for my preference}. overall good job, i'm actually not bad at making sliders. but this game is really difficult for me to make a set. and i think i know why. im probably guessing just 1 slider set is not gonna work for every single team in the game. i bet this year every team is different and unique and needs THEIR OWN SLIDERS. so if you make a dynasty with a not so good team, then make a slider set specificly for THAT team . i might be on to something who knows haha.

keep up the good work man.
I agree, I have played almost all of the offenses with testing these sliders, and I see alot of different looks. I did a game with AF vs Navy, and running was just way too easy, I had to go back to the drawing board to see what was messed up. The big thing I am trying to fix now is I have an easy time running outside running plays, and then the big passes that are gained.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:32 PM   #37
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

ok im about to load up penn state v ohio state round 2 with 1.6. A little worried going in with catch being raised so high but we'll see how it turns out.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:07 PM   #38
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

Ok v 1.6.1 is being tested now, I had to tweak some more settings to see how this version can work out.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:27 PM   #39
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

what did pass coverage used to be before being bumped to 60 for both?
Old 07-14-2010, 08:30 PM   #40
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
what did pass coverage used to be before being bumped to 60 for both?
I believe it was 40 - 45

I am having decent results right now with it at 60, I'll post halftime stats in bout 10 mins

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »