Home

*** SN's All American Sliders ***

This is a discussion on *** SN's All American Sliders *** within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2010, 10:18 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 14
Re: *** SN's All American Sliders ***

Holding calls are quite interesting because it varies between games. I didn't get much in a game, then get a lot of holding calls in the next game.

I'll go back to 50 and see how that is. I'd prefer to have more holding calls, rather than not having much at all. I just look at it as more penalties to make up for lack of other penalties, so it's no big deal. It'll create more interesting situations.

Anyway, I have v1.2 that focuses on toning down the CPU Pass Rush a bit, but raising the CPU Pass Coverage.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:26 PM   #34
Rookie

WeBB15's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Nature
Holding calls are quite interesting because it varies between games. I didn't get much in a game, then get a lot of holding calls in the next game.

I'll go back to 50 and see how that is. I'd prefer to have more holding calls, rather than not having much at all. I just look at it as more penalties to make up for lack of other penalties, so it's no big deal. It'll create more interesting situations.

Anyway, I have v1.2 that focuses on toning down the CPU Pass Rush a bit, but raising the CPU Pass Coverage.
I know what you mean with the CPU pass rush, I mean it isnt overly dominating, just needs to be tweaked slightly...but Im playing BC, and the first pass play, I had my QB, Tyrod Taylor, get rushed by 3 guys and ended up throwing a duck abt 2 yards to a PICK 6 for a lineman... they got out to a 14-0 lead, but I scored before half, and I just scored again to tie...

Theyre offense seems to be moving the ball quite well, I was suprised... At half theyre QB is 9 for 17, 65 yards and a TD, and theyre running back is avging 4.3 yards a carry... pretty good for a team that scored twice off turnovers, and hasnt had much possesion time.

Overall looks good, my recievers have been open several times down the field, although the pass rush doesnt let me get it to them most of the time, which is realistic in a sense, so dont stray too far with their pass Rush.
WIZ
Old 07-14-2010, 10:53 PM   #35
Rookie

WeBB15's Arena

VT-14(me)
BC-24

Taylor - 11 for 29, 126 yards... 1 td, 4 ints
Evans - 13 att, 52 yards

Shinskie - 13 for 23 102 yards... 1 td
Harris - 18 att, 72 yards

Biggest Gripe: Getting rushed every other pass play, 3 of those 4 INTS were from the duck ball from halfway getting sacked, which they had zero of ironically, 2 of them were returned for TDs... Also, my INTs were impossible, I remember 3 dropped balls that couldve blatently been an interception, couldve been a fluke...

Love: The running game on both sides were very productive and realistic... CPU and me had both inaccurate and accurate throws depending on the pressure applied from the line... Good pass rush by user, got a few sacks..
WIZ
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 11:21 PM   #36
CC
MVP

CC's Arena

OVR: 23

I played a game of TX AM (me) vs Miami (cpu) with these (I lost 19-14), and I actually liked them alot, except I could not run AT ALL. My longest run was 5 yards i believe. It was like they knew exactly what play I called, and every time i tried to run it was a struggle just to make it back to the line of scrimmage.
Next game I played, was Iowa (cpu) at Nebraska (me) and I lost by 21. This time the running game was even worse. Both their offensive and defensive lines plowed over my lines. Iowa ended up with 200 some yards on 20 or so carries, while I was held to a measley 47 on 36 carries.
So, it may just be me, but I definitely need to tweak the running game for these to work, but other than the running game (and the 11 holding/clipping penalties), I really liked these sliders.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:28 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 14

So far, I'm seeing some challenging games, which is a plus, especially on All American, where it has been usually too easy in the past.

We will find the right mixture and go from there. Nothing will be perfectly consistent, but that is the beauty of a football game. If it's a toss-up game, then it SHOULD be a toss-up game where you can't just expect to walk in and win the game without any sweat.

I would like to see an underdog come in and shock my team. I would like to see a game where I get to obliterate an underdog. Also, I would like to see a game that is going back and forth, causing me to sweat bullets, and seeing it going down to the wire!
Old 07-14-2010, 11:30 PM   #38
Rookie

dvader7272's Arena

OVR: 0

SN - used your sliders with slight tweaks in NCAA 09 with excellent results. The game is so much better this year, so I can't wait to play w/ your sliders as the base.

I'll post some results as soon as I have a few games under my belt.

Big thanks for making the game better for everyone.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:49 PM   #39
Rookie

xxxAir23xxx's Arena

OVR: 1

These sliders are REALLY good. I played Mich (me) vs. Mich St. and lost 22-21 on a last second field goal attempt (missed by me oddly enough). Also played LSU (me) vs. ARK and it was a classic SEC-type game. both teams ran the ball well, and Arkansas surprisingly kept establishing the run. they had something like 27 attempts. ended up winning by 10 I think, the score was something like 27-17. Everything felt fair and challenging...AA is the way to go this year IMO. This is some of the most realistic, exciting football I've played since ESPN 2K5. Good work man!

Just work on trying to smooth out the human passing game a little bit (def was a little TOO overbearing sometimes), but other than that I loved it. Oh and another thing, missed FG's were crazy to see! I missed like 3 FG's combined in both games, including a game winner...and I think that's the amount I've missed my entire NCAA football career (back to the 04 edition) haha.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:06 AM   #40
Rookie

WeBB15's Arena

Another game

VT-17 (me)
Clemson-10

Taylor- 12 of 22, 193 yds, 2 int
Williams - 18 att, 72 yards, 1 td

Parker - 8 of 11, 76 yards 1 td
Harper - 13 att, 51 yards

Notes:

Great game... I may be playing too slow, as number of plays seems quite low... Doing decent in passing, although more interceptions due to pass rush and one was just a bad throw by me... Play action seems impossible.... also running on first down is legitmately tough... Their QB was injured early, but the backup came in a did a solid job spite being sacked couple times....

Other than that, these sliders are a challenge and fun, and realistic as well, which is always good.

I say the only area that I can think of needs tweaking is CPU pass rush, and/or CPU Coverage..
WIZ

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »