Home

Matt10's Heisman Sliders (PS3)

This is a discussion on Matt10's Heisman Sliders (PS3) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-20-2010, 02:40 PM   #137
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Matt10's Heisman Sliders (PS3)

I just tried the updated sliders for a half as Cincy vs WVU...down 16-7. My RB has rushed 9 times for -12 yards...ouch
Old 07-20-2010, 02:53 PM   #138
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie5
I just tried the updated sliders for a half as Cincy vs WVU...down 16-7. My RB has rushed 9 times for -12 yards...ouch
I am assuming you are UC, cause if you are WVU then def ouch on the negative yards rushing.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:43 PM   #139
Rookie

OVR: 7

Yep, I was Cincy. Now i just played a full game as Alabama vs Tenn to see how the running did with Mark Ingram. It was a very tough game, I enjoyed it. I won 23-12 ( I got a late safety and they misse da 2 pt conv.). Alabama's defense is quiteeeeeee nasty. Even though Bama is #1 & Tenn isn't ranked, it should be decently close as it's a big SEC rivalry. Here are some stats...
ALABAMA
McElroy: 19-30, 326 yards, 2 TD 0 INT
Ingram: 27 rushes for 59 yards (2.1 avg) 1 TD. Long of 28 yrds & 2 fumbles.
Julio Jones: 7 rec, for 127 yards

TENN
Simms: 11-16, 121 yards 0 TD 0 INT
Poole: 22 rushes for 79 yards (3.5) 0 TD

Bama had 6 sacks which is the most I've had in this game. They're rated an A+ in everything so it is expected. My question is...will this rushing last or can I get better? Should we stay with this slider for the rushing? Take away Ingram's 28 yard run and he rushed 26 times for 31 yards...a Heisman Winner.
Thoughts please.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:49 PM   #140
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie5
Yep, I was Cincy. Now i just played a full game as Alabama vs Tenn to see how the running did with Mark Ingram. It was a very tough game, I enjoyed it. I won 23-12 ( I got a late safety and they misse da 2 pt conv.). Alabama's defense is quiteeeeeee nasty. Even though Bama is #1 & Tenn isn't ranked, it should be decently close as it's a big SEC rivalry. Here are some stats...
ALABAMA
McElroy: 19-30, 326 yards, 2 TD 0 INT
Ingram: 27 rushes for 59 yards (2.1 avg) 1 TD. Long of 28 yrds & 2 fumbles.
Julio Jones: 7 rec, for 127 yards

TENN
Simms: 11-16, 121 yards 0 TD 0 INT
Poole: 22 rushes for 79 yards (3.5) 0 TD

Bama had 6 sacks which is the most I've had in this game. They're rated an A+ in everything so it is expected. My question is...will this rushing last or can I get better? Should we stay with this slider for the rushing? Take away Ingram's 28 yard run and he rushed 26 times for 31 yards...a Heisman Winner.
Thoughts please.
Your stats does not look way off what people have to be mindful about is their own play calling style in each game..Ex do you run when you suppose to pass and vice versa......

I for one put my RBL on 25 just because I will not play in a dynasty with a top 20 team....Not bad looking stats thou..
Old 07-20-2010, 04:06 PM   #141
Rookie

OVR: 5

I actually have it a little harder to run in my game. I think its like 5 less for everything for run blocking and ability (i believe), and through five games with Darrin Williams (impact player) he has 95 carries for 657 yards (6.9 average) with 11 TD's. His longest run was 74 yards.

Since I am in my third year he is a senior though and a 94 overall. With my lack of ability to recruit (until this year) my line is an 84 LT, 61 LG, 80 C, 66 RT, and a 44 RT. Most of my runs are up the middle or two the left, but the biggest run was actually on a sweep to the right.

I don't know what to tell you, and I am usually horrible at running, but the best thing I can say is what everyone else says "Don't use speed burst right away. Follow your blockers." Only thing that I haven't seen a lot of people say is to do line shifts. So if you have a sweep or toss then shift them out wide, or if you see a blitz to tell them to pick up the extra blocker. Also look to see if you see a double team between the tackle and guard. Sometimes they will pancake them (meaning one linemen will be taken out as well) so make sure if you see a hole to go up there. I know that different make sense so if you run it up to the left and you see the pancake starting to take effect try to see where the unmark defender is. Once you see him use speed burst and run to the opposite side of the pancake block. I don't know if that will help, but I have gotten a running back over 1,000 yards the last 2 years and looks like it will be the third this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 05:09 PM   #142
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

I went back from 45 to your 40 on CPU RUN DEF and lowered HUM BLOCK from 60 to 20 as an antidote for the counter play.

The 20 human blocking worked great. For the most part the outside runs were kept in check and the whole flow of the game changed from the 28-6 thrashing Navy[me] (C+) gave Akron(D+).

In the rematch I got off to a quick 8-0 lead at home but proceeded to get handled by lowly Akron and lost 21-18.

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000">
Old 07-20-2010, 06:18 PM   #143
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

These sliders are just great, I beat michigan by 35+pts which i thought was strange but I did force some turnovers soo yeah. Had a 37-31 2OT thriller against WVU,just beat UF 36-24. I was using the original sliders you had a was running fairly well so gonna try to bump the RBL to like 30 for my UK game.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:28 PM   #144
Banned

MrHyde's Arena

OVR: 3

I found out the CPU has enough power to with FG Power set at 5.I've seen them make it from 50 yards with this set at 5,so just thought I would give you some info on that.I'll be trying your sliders myself and post the results as everything looks good,but FG Power.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »