Home

Matt10's Heisman Sliders (PS3)

This is a discussion on Matt10's Heisman Sliders (PS3) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-26-2010, 06:56 PM   #185
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Matt10's Heisman Sliders (PS3)

Just finished my first game with clemson vs north texas and barely won 21-19. The stats were decent, they missed an extra point, if that didn't happen the game would probably had gone to OT. I felt this was really challenging but it shouldn't be that hard to score on NT, I don't know if it's just me. The HB dive does not work at all with these sliders, I think I'm going to bump the Run BL to 40, I just shouldn't have that much trouble trying to run against NT. Passing I had a rough day throwing 2 crucial picks, one in the red zone. Went 14-24 passing with 1 TD, 31 carries, 114 yards, 1 TD. Longest run was probably 12 yards. I don't know, I might just be that bad at running but nothing up the middle is working, all of my yards came from runs outside of the tackle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 03:07 AM   #186
Banned

OVR: 4

what's with all these clemson douches. go cocks.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:35 PM   #187
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyBastard
what's with all these clemson douches. go cocks.
That speaks for itself...
Old 07-28-2010, 03:40 PM   #188
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just played with these sliders against WVU. I had Pitt.

They are even teams (and the fact that they are rivals is an added bonus), so that's why I chose them.

I won 32-18.

Offensively, it was definitely a struggle to move the ball at times. I liked that I struggled, though. I consider myself a very good player with a high-scoring offense (15-3 record online averaging 28 ppg), but I admit that I did struggle and even punted a few times. Ultimately, I scored 3 touchdowns and 3 FG's (the additional 2 was from a glitch safety).

WVU could not run the ball AT ALL. In order to remedy that, I'm going to move the human run D down a notch, while moving the CPU run blocking up a notch.

I had 4 sacks, which I'm happy about. Anywhere between 2-4 sacks a game is pretty realistic. A lot of the times when you play the computer, they have all day to pass.

Even though WVU could not run the ball, they did get a lot of garbage-time pass yardage to padd the stats. Geno Smith had over 320 yards passing with a 60% completion rate. That's pretty realistic, though, considering I was up the entire game.

Conversely, I didn't have a great game passing the ball. I was 10 of 27 (with some drops), but I did manage to have a couple of key big plays throwing the ball.

Rushing wise, I had 20 carries for 170 yards. However, I was like 19 for 96 before I busted a 74 yard TD run in the 4th quarter.

I felt the rushing attack was pretty realistic.

All in all, I was very pleased with the sliders.
-------------------------------------------------
EDIT:

I did run into a couple of glitches. On WVU's first drive, they had a play action out of a single back formation. Geno Smith didn't hand it off and began running backwards until the play resulted in a safety.

The same thing happened to me, but my QB managed to snap out of it right before he ran out of the endzone. I threw it desperately...and it almost resulted in a pick 6. I, too, ran a PA pass out of a single back formation.

Lesson learned:

BEWARE OF PA PASS OUT OF SINGLE BACK!

Last edited by BlazerFalcon; 07-28-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:22 PM   #189
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Yeah, that glitch ruins the goodness of this game at the wrong times. I'm still playing it like crazy though.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:13 PM   #190
Banned

OVR: 8

Matt I really enjoy your sliders I just wish that play action wasnt so hard for user its almost impossible to run pa but other than that I enjoy these alot.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:52 AM   #191
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcern23
Matt I really enjoy your sliders I just wish that play action wasnt so hard for user its almost impossible to run pa but other than that I enjoy these alot.
Thanks, jc. I've been having mixed results with PA - definitely have to get that line shift absolutely spot on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2010, 12:29 PM   #192
Rookie

williest311's Arena

OVR: 2

I like these sliders a lot...I adjusted run blocking because well I was getting stopped at a ridiculous rate. Overall good though. Has anyone found passing to be easy in certain sets/plays? Also I dont think the computer runs the option well. I killed Georgia Tech on that, they had some success, but the game wasn't as close as I expected considering their ranking....oh well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »