Home

Old 08-01-2010, 05:10 PM   #201
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Matt10's Heisman Sliders (PS3)

Glad we are all still enjoying them. I've accepted that these could be used more as a base than anything - which is fine, just want people to enjoy the game in the way they see enjoyable.

I personally have had up and down games, at the moment preparing for my 0-2 Virginia Cavaliers to face up against SMU. First game we got thrashed by Cincinnati, then a double OT thriller against USC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 11:52 AM   #202
MVP

OVR: 38

Can you use these on the 360 also?
Old 08-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #203
Banned

cr00v's Arena

OVR: 4

I've been looking for new sliders, and wow... I like these after one quarter.

Penn State (CPU) vs. Auburn (User)
Score 7-10
First downs 3-6
Total Offense 101-141

Newton: 14-20, 137 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT
Newsome: 7-14, 111 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT

I'll post the halftime stats.

One thing I'll note is that it's way too easy to stop the CPU run, and way too hard to stop the pass (user and cpu). PSU has -14 yards rushing. Also, your stats may vary since I run a no huddle spread attack.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:16 PM   #204
Banned

cr00v's Arena

Ok these sliders are just too easy to pass on. No thanks.

Halftime Stats:
Score 14-24
First downs 7-11
Total Offense 213-342
Rushing Yards 15-3 (PSU), 8-30 (AU)

Newton 26-34, 312 Yards, 3 TD, 0 INT
Newsome 15-23, 210 Yards, 2 TD, 0 INT
Old 08-02-2010, 08:55 PM   #205
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr00v
Ok these sliders are just too easy to pass on. No thanks.

Halftime Stats:
Score 14-24
First downs 7-11
Total Offense 213-342
Rushing Yards 15-3 (PSU), 8-30 (AU)

Newton 26-34, 312 Yards, 3 TD, 0 INT
Newsome 15-23, 210 Yards, 2 TD, 0 INT

Your judging the sliders based on 1 half? I hope that we can give EA a little bit of credit for game to game variety haha but the worst part is I think your actually right you can usually tell fast with an ea sports game and not worry too much about the variety.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #206
Banned

cr00v's Arena

Out of all the sliders here, I think these are the best. I'm definitely gonna' be playing 5-6 minute quarters, though. I think those results were from 8 min. quarters. CPU pass coverage also might need to be tuned up.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:56 AM   #207
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr00v
Out of all the sliders here, I think these are the best. I'm definitely gonna' be playing 5-6 minute quarters, though. I think those results were from 8 min. quarters. CPU pass coverage also might need to be tuned up.

I too believe it was too easy to pass. As Matt said to use it as a baser which I have done. Again I am very good at passing so I lowered it to 35 acc and its a completely different game.

I actually stopped playing my dynasty waiting for the patch since I am in in my 4th year and the teams I am playing against don't have the awareness to play with these sliders anymore. They were great early on now its just getting worst to where I have to adjust everything to make it better.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:49 AM   #208
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

I was skeptical about ramping up to Heisman, but after one game I enjoyed these for the challenge. I agree with the sentiment that these are easy to pass on. I was playing Utah as Notre Dame and lost 17-14 (my lowest scoring total with the game thus far.)

Pros:
- Score and challenge of the sliders were refreshing
- at the half both teams were hovering around 215 total yards
- Running the ball was very well done.

Cons:
- Drops galore, my star receiver dropped two passes and as a team I dropped eight passes to Utah's one.
- Extremely too easy to pass
- Pass defense sucked! They had all day to throw AND always found the wide open WR running down the sideline. Twice I was killed for 70+ yards completions because my Safety was nowhere to be found.
- No pass rush. Sacked the QB once all other times he magically found a WR or RB right before getting hit. They threw no lame ducks while I threw a ton.
- Completion % was about 70%+ for both QBs.

Even though there are many things I'm weary of at this point, I like these sliders because they provide a challenge that other sliders I've used haven't been able to. I strive for realism, but if I need to sacrifice a little realism for a challenge than I will. Eight drops kills me, but if it what it takes to lose sometimes I will take.

I will definitely use this set as a base, what are some suggestions to combat some of these cons? Lower QB Acc. to see more variety in throws? Will increasing pass rush or lowering pass block cure/alleviate the QB ALWAYS throwing the ball perfectly while being hurried? I've even seen the animation the QB goes through when he's hurried and everything is sped up so he doesn't get sacked, complete BS but hey, it's a game.

Thanks for the slider set. Looking forward to using these in my online dynasty along with luv's rosters

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »