Home

Matt10's Heisman Sliders (PS3)

This is a discussion on Matt10's Heisman Sliders (PS3) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2010, 09:01 PM   #33
Rookie

ttech10's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Matt10's Heisman Sliders (PS3)

Just finished playing with #11 Wisconsin against #12 Georgia Tech and there was definitely a difference in talent between the two. Bumped the time up to 8 minutes.

Code:
Georgia Tech (CPU)			    Wisconsin (User)

10			Score			35
5			First Downs		15
130			Total Offense		450
12-2-0	        	Rush-Yds-TD		31-313-2
12-25-1			Comp-Att-TD		9-18-3
128			Pass Yards		137
1-11			3rd Down Conv.		5-7
1 (1 INTs)	       	Turnovers		4 (2 INTs)
209			Total Yards		504
2			Sacks			3
0			Penalties		0
14:49	        	Possession		30:19
HB#32 for me had 28 attempts, 333 yards, 11.8 average, 2 TDs and only one broken tackle.

I thought the two teams were going to be a lot closer than what it was, but when I looked at the depth chart my offense definitely had better ratings than theirs, the difference between d-line and o-line was about 8 points OVR per player. On defense I was able to just do 4-3 defense in man coverage with the MLB spying and that was able to shut their option offense down. Their biggest plays were passes when I'd cheat my secondary up. They had at least one chance on those to score but the QB just overthrew his WR.

They had plenty of chances to score quick, my first two drives consisted of a dropped punt return on the 8 (which they got held 3 and out, forced to hit a FG but hit the upright) and the second was a fumble which they got on our 42. They gave me an easy score late in the 2nd by blitzing and leaving a WR wide open for a 69 yard TD. In the 3rd I was able to score on a 57 yard run play.

Overall it was a good game, with the stats the teams had it was the outcome that should have happened. Upping the WR Catching helped, still had a few drops so that's good. Rushing did seem too easy, running the counter was near unstoppable, but for the stats it seemed fine. Georgia Tech stuck with the option the entire time and only went to no-huddle their last drive of the 2nd quarter (which they scored on). This was the first game where I've played a team that didn't go to the no-huddle every play.

Still another game without penalties though, had been playing on everything on 80 instead of 100 so I bumped that up (the other ones were at the level suggested).

Here's an example of the type of runs I'd get. Usually I'd get tackled a little after a first down. Shows that if you have a good run offense you can definitely do good still with the sliders (unlike my showing against Auburn).

Plan on doing Army/Navy game next, playing as Army so that I'm a much lower quality team. Going to eat, watch Futurama and then start on that one. My roommate is playing this game on default Heisman so I'm watching it, should give a good estimate on the differences.

Last edited by ttech10; 07-15-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:20 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

Just played my first game with these sliders and it has been my best so far.
I was Maryland playing against Navy. Some stats:
Score- MD 27, Navy 24
First downs- 10, 8
Total Offense- 336, 324
Turnovers- 2, 0
Total Yards 477, 399

Overall it was a very fun game to play and came down to a last second field goal attempt to go to overtime and Navy missed it. Some issues: I missed one field goal attempt and a PAT. CPU missed one also. QBs were a combined 25-55. Lots of drops and overall bad passes. Did have 3 passing TDs each though. The CPUs rushing game was anemic with only 60 yards on 29 attempts. Will play a few more games to see how things work out.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:01 PM   #35
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

OVR: 1

so far I have played two games, had to move the time down one minute, to keep stats down a tad, moved kick power and punt power down to 40 for both. have tried two games, both were close to the results I expected, have one more test, should go how I think it should
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 10:07 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainkracker1
Just played my first game with these sliders and it has been my best so far.
I was Maryland playing against Navy. Some stats:
Score- MD 27, Navy 24
First downs- 10, 8
Total Offense- 336, 324
Turnovers- 2, 0
Total Yards 477, 399

Overall it was a very fun game to play and came down to a last second field goal attempt to go to overtime and Navy missed it. Some issues: I missed one field goal attempt and a PAT. CPU missed one also. QBs were a combined 25-55. Lots of drops and overall bad passes. Did have 3 passing TDs each though. The CPUs rushing game was anemic with only 60 yards on 29 attempts. Will play a few more games to see how things work out.
Forgot to add, I am only doing 7 minute quarters.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:31 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Good stuff guys, will respond to some of them shortly - looking forward to more games.

Just finished Virginia (me) vs BC. Lost 27-17.

This game was knotted at 10-10 towards the end of the third quarter, until the one option play I decide to do backfired.

That option play completely ruined momentum, on top of that the next play we threw a pick, which set up a field goal to make the margin farther. BC did a good job in containing Mack, and even better job pressuring Verica - although he's not a terribel QB, has some nice accuracy on him - doesn't help that Green was catching the balls when it mattered the most.

Also, I upped USER Catch to 45 (from 40), I think per some of your feedback, that was a necessity because the wide open catches alone had to be made - and not only that, the drops were happening for guys rated in the 70s-80s on cat rating.

I've decided to use Virginia for my Dynasty (to be reported here on OS, and others), think they are a solid group - and I've always admired the tradition.

Virginia: 14 first downs, 5-13 (38%), 3 TO (2 fum, 1 INT), 467 total yds, 17:16 TOP
BC: 16 first downs, 7-16 (43%), 0 TO, 363 total yds, 25:29 TOP
---
Virginia Passing: Verica, 18/37, 274 yds, 2 TD, INT
Virginia Rushing: Mack, 17 att, 49 yds
Virginia Receiving: Green, 3 rec, 111 yds, 2 TD (91 yd long)
---
BC Passing: Shinskie, 21/31, 218 yds, TD
BC Rushing: Harris, 23 att, 77 yds, TD
BC Receiving: Pantale, 6 rec, 92 yds

*noteworthy: Virginia sacked QB 6 times. Conrath (2), Hil (2), Jenkins (1), Windle (1)
Old 07-15-2010, 10:58 PM   #38
Rookie

Just finished a second game and this one was a bit of a blowout. I was Maryland again and crushed Rutgers 37-13.
Some stats:

Total Offense: MD-386 RU-289
Rush Off: MD-157 RU-43
Pass Off: MD-229 RU-246
Turnovers: MD-1 RU-4
Total Yds: MD-473 RU-367
Penalties: MD-1-10 RU-1-5

I'm going to be making some adjustments in order to boost the cpu rushing game.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:09 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainkracker1
Just finished a second game and this one was a bit of a blowout. I was Maryland again and crushed Rutgers 37-13.
Some stats:

Total Offense: MD-386 RU-289
Rush Off: MD-157 RU-43
Pass Off: MD-229 RU-246
Turnovers: MD-1 RU-4
Total Yds: MD-473 RU-367
Penalties: MD-1-10 RU-1-5

I'm going to be making some adjustments in order to boost the cpu rushing game.
With 7 min qtrs, the rushing game will not be there. The only thing I can suggest is bump RBL a bit.

Honestly though, 7 mins will not give the CPU enough time to establish the run game. Since going to 8-9 mins (9 preferably) I have seen the CPU not give up on the running game despite being down 2 scores late in the 4th.

My 2 cents
Old 07-15-2010, 11:20 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
With 7 min qtrs, the rushing game will not be there. The only thing I can suggest is bump RBL a bit.

Honestly though, 7 mins will not give the CPU enough time to establish the run game. Since going to 8-9 mins (9 preferably) I have seen the CPU not give up on the running game despite being down 2 scores late in the 4th.

My 2 cents
I'm worried about having my total yards go through the roof by adding more time. I'm starting a game against West Virginia right now, so if they don't run all over me then I know there is a problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »