Home

Statistics in Sliders 2011

This is a discussion on Statistics in Sliders 2011 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2010, 05:09 PM   #209
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Statistics in Sliders 2011

I am glad to hear that you have found some sliders that work for you. Seriously, we all have different styles and if you find something that works, run with it. I have tried everyone's sliders, including SEC's, and there is just not enough resistance for me. I returned 5 KO's for touchdowns using his set in two games and John Clay set the NCAA record for yards in a game with like 415. I felt like I had to hold back or dumb down my game in order to even keep it close. It just got too boring for me after awhile. My preference is to play at this higher threshold so I am going to stick with it.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:24 PM   #210
Banned

OVR: 32
I have to chime in here. What actually makes a good slider set for one may not make a good slider set for another in terms of providing a great game. Is a game actually considered great because it is difficult? It certainly could be. However what if the end result of that great game was obtained through unrealistic occurrences? Is the game provided by the slider set still great? I can jack up the pass coverage slider to 100 and experience a shutdown passing game but at the expense of realistic coverage or jack the run defense to 100 and completely shutdown the running game. How many times have you heard "Gee, I just had the greatest game! Ohio State vs Utah state and the final score was 20-21? I am not doubting that the game was challenging. However I do doubt that the game was realistic. 75 threshold produces these types of results. There seems to be no happy medium this year with the threshold. Those who play with a higher threshold will most likely experience faster defenses and increased difficulty because there will be little to no gap in speed difference between slow and fast players. The animations will be less fluid at that setting and players will look like they are skating. Those who play at lower threshold will experience games that play much more in favor of the offense, but will see more fluid gameplay and realistic player movement. Now, again, creating the perfect slider set for everyone is not possible. Everyone has different play-styles and skill levels. However creating a realistic slider set is possible and realism is what makes the difference in a good or bad experience IMO.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:48 PM   #211
Pro

OVR: 6

I am going to hold off posting anything since the newest patch is likely to change many things especially run defense.

For those who like a lower threshold enjoy your slider sets but don't try to apply any of my settings to your game because it won't work (in fact don't use these on anything <60). By modifying other sliders you can always generate realistic yards on rushing or passing by increasing pass coverage QB accuracy or other sliders that prevent the speed advantage from playing out. However, I already find it very easy to burn the d with a 97 speed WR (5 passes to the house in the season with this player), I can't imagine with a lower threshold what he would do to the defense. Therefore I prefer a narrower gap between players. Play however makes you happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 12:02 AM   #212
Rookie

OVR: 2

@Oraeon1224 hey would you happen to have a madden 11 slider set out?? please say yes lol
Old 09-06-2010, 03:17 PM   #213
Pro

Sorry too busy with NCAA football. Madden sliders would be great because you have real published statistics for every team. However, maddens substitution system doesn't allow me to substitute in line backers or several other ways in which I do testing for NCAA.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:33 PM   #214
Rookie

smlmeyer's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
Sorry too busy with NCAA football. Madden sliders would be great because you have real published statistics for every team. However, maddens substitution system doesn't allow me to substitute in line backers or several other ways in which I do testing for NCAA.
Madden has auto-sub sliders identical to NCAA's, or are you referring to something else?
Old 09-06-2010, 07:50 PM   #215
Pro

I meant the depth chart. In NCAA I can substitute in a line backer for a half back or wide reciever for testing purposes. I can't do that in madden. I would have to manually edit the players speed and acceleration. I haven't gotten around to trying that as I am currently having too much fun with NCAA. I have created a defense gameplanning form and created functional 3-4 and 4-3 defenses but I am holding off on playing madden except online because I feel NCAA is much more enjoyable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2010, 04:07 PM   #216
MVP

GJEM's Arena

OVR: 12

Oraeon, are you going to release a new post patch #3 base set?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »