Home

Statistics in Sliders 2011

This is a discussion on Statistics in Sliders 2011 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2010, 05:00 PM   #25
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Statistics in Sliders 2011

RB ability is a slider imo that you must test for yourself to see what it does, as just watching the cpu doesn't give you the full story

more than broken tackles and fumbles, this slider seems to mainly be a "feel" slider. In that it effects the responsiveness of the left stick. Put it at 0, and "momentum" seems to be kicked up to a crazy level, where turning and moving just seems sluggish (in fact, at 0 I wouldnt even call it momentum, it really is just sluggish lol). Put it at 100, and it feels more "arcady" and closer to the old school early 00's football where you can run around a lot more freely w/ the left stick (albeit not THAT close, as momentum is still present, especially when you try to make really sharp cuts)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 05:33 PM   #26
Rookie

lbowbb2's Arena

OVR: 4

Thanks again for doing all this testing. I am really enjoying it. Have you looked into auto subs at all?
Old 07-18-2010, 10:00 PM   #27
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

TC, whenever you decide to make a change to a slider number, are you updating it in your first post? This is good stuff, I appreciate you taking the time to test all of this.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:59 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 6

To answer questions:

1) I am updating the first page with changes
2) I am not testing substitution sliders at this time (but I am very dissapointed in fatigue so far)

Questions:
1) Is there a fatigue slider hidden anywhere, I would kill for this (the demo looked good but the actual game has little fatigue)?
2) Does anyone know if there is an actual pancake statistic for players?
Old 07-19-2010, 05:08 PM   #29
Pro

I have now played 3 games and found the following (1st page updated):

1) NCAA team did not go the madden way of having a run down on the playclock (very bad not to have this option) quarter length of 11 minutes gives about 140-150 plays per game (real world values).

2) Practice mode CPU forces long passes on long plays in game CPU sticks to checkdown reciever very often lessening sacks and raising completion % just like last year to 70%. While CPU deflections were accurate against me, the human player deflections were less than real world due to the check down pass. They still have not fixed QB accuracy or bad decisions (i.e. their should be forced passes downfield more often). I have now adjusted QB accuracy to 40 and raised Pass coverage to 60. I am scared this will kill the downfield passing and after three more games will adjust QB accuracy as needed.

3) WR drops are very discrepant for CPU (too few) and human (too many). Human WR are dropping many more passes for unknown reason (may have to do with All american level). I have increased human slider to 45 and decreased CPU to 35 as these were only slightly off each.

4) Pass rush is much worse in game than in practice. I have increase Pass rush against CPU to 70 and human at 65.

5) Running: Human rushing is almost perfect but CPU rushing was underperforming against active D. I changed CPU run blocking to 55 with very good results so far.

6) Kicking was way off. Human has too much power and CPU about right.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:20 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 9

Nice thread...I'm digging for some coach mode sliders and this is the type of info that is invaluable when creating those. I'd be interested in seeing a speed threshold breakdown and maybe even a game speed breakdown (or at least between slow and normal).
Old 07-19-2010, 09:55 PM   #31
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

This is one of the best slider threads I have ever come upon. I am not using the values that the TC has, but based on his explanation of the sliders so far I was able to take my existing sliders and just make two changes tonight for both human and cpu (I lowered Rush Defense and Pass Defense to 45 for both Hum and cpu). I did this obviously based on my own skill level. I have a few other sliders adjusted but will only post if someone requests since this is based on my skill level.

I just played a game tonight on AA, Normal Speed. I was Stanford playing at USC (almost identical rated teams). I won 20-13 (USC also had two missed FG's so it could have been closer) and it came right down to the end.

Most importantly I was able to get much better stats than what I had been getting.
Rush YPC: Human 4.2, cpu 4.5
Pass Completion %: Human 62%, CPU 59%
Yardage for both teams was right around 320 yards for each team, I played 7 min quarters.
There were no turnovers for either team.

Considering these were just about equal rated teams, these stats are close to real life stats and I am very happy. Thanks again to the TC for giving me a better understanding of the different sliders, giving me the ability to now make better adjustments. Other thing to note: I dropped the Speed Threshhold tonight for this game from 50 to 45. I wonder how that played into the outcome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 02:35 PM   #32
Pro

I am considering chaning speed threshold. This slider adjust the variation of speed between players. In madden last year it improved flat coverage. One of the problems with flat coverage was that linebackers were too slow getting into position and with covering HB/FB or TE. This might actually fix the short range passing issues. I will consider designing a test for this, but I don't actually know how. Any suggestions are appreciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »