Home

Statistics in Sliders 2011

This is a discussion on Statistics in Sliders 2011 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2010, 11:48 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Statistics in Sliders 2011

Here is the finished coaching sliders. I would state the following. This may cause problems for teams with extremely low run/pass ratios. For middle range teams the AI does adjust to status in a game (when testing a team with run at 30 when they were down substantially they did in fact abandon the run for the pass. Someone else is reporting army (the lowest ratio slider) is not doing this. That is certainly possible. If this is a significant issue teams could be limited to a minimum rating of 30.

Last do not mess with coaching substitution sliders. These sliders effect simulation but do not effect game play at all (tested). Offensive aggressiveness also seems to have no discernable impact on the game. It may alter early down passing etc... but I can't tell. Don't touch this slider as it likley effects simulation somehow (someone else will have to test). Finally the Defense run/pass slider in my opinion should be altered by you prior to games. Really I feel this should be automated by the designers. What you should do is select your opponent and if you are a run heavy team you should move this slider 10 or so points to the run defense side from default to mimic a couch making adjustments for your team. By the same token my new listed sliders show an opponents strategy. You should plan your offense and defense around these sliders that have been posted as if this is a scouting report.

This means if you see your scheduled opponent blitzes 5 men a significant portion of the time you should keep an extra blocker home on offense to avoid sacks most downs. If you see they frequently blitze 6 you may even be more conservative or play many screens. Four your defense plan to alter your calls around a run predominant or pass predominant team when calling plays.

See the first page for the coaching slider sets. They really do have a huge impact including reducing player sacks. I may have to up CPU pass rush after this.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:55 PM   #58
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
this is correct in how playmakers explained it. its actually been this way since ps2 days. the old knockdown slider controlled how close they mirrored receivers. it should act the same on all levels. the only thing the levels do anymore is make the awarness better. if you read the research by versus he said the levels also control how close the db's cover the wr's. which you can control in game plan also. i love playmakers set except for the fact the cpu SS and FS are not very involved and i can torch the middle of field. im going to give the slider adjustments a try today. ill get a few games in this afternoon and let you know how it goes.
I have tested the interception slider several years in a row. I have no quantifiable way to test this slider except decreased interceptions which it does effect. I personally have not noticed that it improves how the CPU mirrors the recievers when I have tested, but any opinions on this are really subjective. I am able to get realistic statistics with my set other than deflections and that is all I want.

Right now I am going to decrease threshold from 70 to 65 because of several complaints. However, be aware that I am able to pass downfield on 70 as is the CPU in the games I have played. Very large downfield passes are relatively rare unless you are Florida or Texas playing a scrub team. When I get passes it is because a coverage was blown and a man is open just as it should be. I think too many people want choose a play and pass downfield expecting their reciever to burn the CB most of the time, but that is rarely the case in real football. However, I have been displeased with the CPU passing downfield overall and rather than adjust pass coverage any lower will try reducing threshold first.

Eventually I may raise threshold backt o 70 and lower pass coverage. Remember LB speed wise 70 is most realistic. Be aware that this slider works differently than many have posted. It narrows the gap between all players. Since the game currently has CB with faster speed as a whole than WR this actually makes WR closer in speed to the CB not usually the other way around. I think the big issue is that the designers have rated CB speed too high and also made them run routes in front of recievers which is preposterous.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:22 AM   #59
Pro

I am almost done with slider testing and ready to start my dynasty. One last thing that would be great would be to have all the coaches in game have their names (yes you can edit this in the game this year). I don't know if I have the energy to do this. If anyone can throw in the name of at least their favorite teams head coach I will add those to the table under coaching sliders.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:35 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
I am almost done with slider testing and ready to start my dynasty. One last thing that would be great would be to have all the coaches in game have their names (yes you can edit this in the game this year). I don't know if I have the energy to do this. If anyone can throw in the name of at least their favorite teams head coach I will add those to the table under coaching sliders.

Wikipedia has a list of all div 1 coaches as a reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...otball_coaches
Old 07-25-2010, 09:37 AM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
Oraeon, when you do expect to be complete. My game plan was to give your final set a try, tweak for my game play then role with it for at least a year in my dynasty. I plan to roll with tOSU and a 1* team so I should be able to provide you with some solid feedback with vastly different teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 12:33 PM   #62
Rookie

I love the work put into these and I think it is very important to get realistic statistics. I use UCONN and I have played Michigan on two other All American slider sets and I have gotten killed both times. I am an above average player so I was getting annoyed. I started my new dynasty with these sliders and I am up 31-7 in the 3rd quarter. Do you think these might be too easy or am I having a fluke game you think. On the other sliders Michigan would throw the ball all over the field and I could not stop them and now they run the option way too much. I will post stats when game is done. Thanks
Old 07-25-2010, 01:12 PM   #63
Rookie

MICH CT (ME)
1. QB % 18/34 52% 15/35 42%
2. Sacks 6 1
3. Int 1 0
4. Deflections 5 11
5. Drops 0 6
6. Yards per carry 4.15 5.1
7. YPC of main HB 4.30 5.6
8. Tackles for loss 12 12
9. Fumbles 2 1
10. Punt yards average 36.4 44.0 11. Field goal % 0/1 0% 1/2 50%
12. Penalty yards 11/118 6/55
13. Total yards per game 451 410
Old 07-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #64
Pro

Were you or AI 42% passing your stats look great otherwise. I am struggling with correct qb setting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »