Home

RDTII's User VS User AA Sliders

This is a discussion on RDTII's User VS User AA Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2010, 05:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
RDTII's Sim Sliders for HUM vs HUM and HUM vs CPU

UPDATE: I now feel comfortable with saying that I have a solid V 1.0 and have added CPU sliders.

After a week straight of working on AA sliders in practice mode and playing with them against friends (35-40 games) I think I finally have a realistic set.

First let me explain my intention in creating this slider set:

I believe that EA has college defense completely backwards. They think a good pass defense comes from great coverage rather than a good pass rush. That paradigm has caused them to over compensate in a few different areas...they had to nerf the pass rush and boost pass blocking, they had to boost WR catching to make up for them being blanketed, and they had to make every QB throw like Peyton Manning so they can rocket it downfield/fit it into tight spots.

I feel to accurately represent the college passing game we need the play results to be more organic.

For example, running a quick or deep out against loose man coverage. With the default sliders on AA you can expect the ball to get picked 60%+ of the time, batted down 30%+ of the time, and maybe 5-10% completed. With my sliders you can expect one of a few outcomes...

1. The play works perfectly, you get enough protection to throw the route, the corner doesn't magically warp in front of the route, you place the ball where it needs to go and the WR makes the grab.

2. All of #1 except the receiver drops the ball whether from stone hands or the corner recovering soon enough to jar it loose.

3. There's enough protection to prevent the sack, but not enough to set your feet a throw it on time. Overthrow/underthrow/pick.

4. The protection breaks down and you get sacked.

Obviously there are other scenarios, but I'm describing what I saw over the course of running that play 5 or 6 times in a row. This is just an example of one type of route that makes the game feel much more organic and less scripted.

The run game probably doesn't need to be explained too much other than, I tried to make it very balanced and make it so you break a realistic amount of tackles in a realistic way. There are some drives where it seems like the other team can't stop the run and then some where you can't run it at all in the same game. Yet another result that makes the game feel more organic.

These sliders were created for a set of sim style rules:

No user catch or user pick, don't control players and create unrealistic blitzes that exploit the AI and don't use run commit.

With these sliders you will experience:
Mistakes on BOTH sides of the ball (coverage errors, dropped passes, errant throws). You will have to work hard for your yards and you probably won't score on every possession (these sliders are best enjoyed when playing longer games - 7-10 Min Quarters). You will see corners get beat more often by better receivers when you ask them to do too much, you will see jump balls that go either way, and you will see receivers drop balls when they hear footsteps.

You will see a difference between the great passers, the not so great passers, and the dual threats. You will feel the difference between a power back, a balanced back, and a speed back. Your impact players on both side of the line will make more of an impact in a realistic way.

Now for the actual sliders:
Skill: All-American
Game Speed: Slow
Player Min Speed Threshold: 30

HUM/CPU
QB Accuracy: 15*/60
Pass Blocking: 35/45
WR Catching: 45/75
RB Ability: 45/35
Run Blocking: 35/35
Pass Coverage: 30/30
Pass Rush: 100/80
Interceptions: 45/45
Rush Defense: 15/35
Tackling: 25/40
FG Power: 25**/45
FG Accuracy: 15/55
Punt Power: 55/55
Punt Accuracy: 25/25
Kickoff Power: 40/55

* QB Accuracy is probably the one many will want to adjust depending on their skill level. I feel 15 gives realistic results, but it can be difficult and takes getting used to. You can try 20-25 if it's too difficult to move the ball, but please try 15 for a few games first!

** With this level you will want to aim straight down when kicking for the extra distance. At 25 power, kickers with strong legs (90+ KPW) can hit 54-55 yarders with no wind and aimed down. This will make you feel like making a long field goal is a small victory!

I'm open to feedback and will probably make edits as I continue to test. Hope you guys enjoy!

Last edited by RDTII; 07-21-2010 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Version 1.0 - CPU Sliders added
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: RDTII's User VS User AA Sliders

makes sense. i wish some people playing with other users would try it out
Old 07-16-2010, 11:11 PM   #3
Rookie

If you get a chance to try them out in a dynasty, let me know what kind of results you get. So far our league is having a blast with the gameplay!
Old 07-16-2010, 11:39 PM   #4
Rookie

Megatron2k7's Arena

OVR: 12

I will give them a try...... but I don't like or agree with slow game speed , or threshold at 30.

Have you done any testing on Normal speed, and with the threshold at 50 ?

If so.... what changes need to be made ?
Old 07-17-2010, 12:27 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron2k7
I will give them a try...... but I don't like or agree with slow game speed , or threshold at 30.

Have you done any testing on Normal speed, and with the threshold at 50 ?

If so.... what changes need to be made ?
Feel free to tweak as necessary. I have tested on Normal speed and with higher thresholds and because of the other changes 30 feels right to me. Anything higher and you can't tell any difference between fast and slow players and the running backs feel like they're running in molasses.

At normal speed I find it much harder to make your reads on zone read/triple option. Also because of my pass rush/coverage sliders you need the slower speed to make your progressions quickly.

Give it a try and let me know if you still think it's wrong. Also feel free to share your results at higher game speeds/thresholds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 06:50 PM   #6
Rookie

Just finished a User VS User game in a dynasty. There were some AMAZING catch animations this game and I really felt like I had a great quarterback in Case Keenum (as opposed to struggling with many other quarterbacks in the game).

We only played 6 minute quarters and I feel like with longer quarters we probably would have had a pretty realistic final score.

Take a look at these highlights that show WR/DB interaction (remember no user catch or pick).

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/23302993
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/23302943
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/23302820
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/23302651

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OT Final
7 3 3 14 0 27
0 7 0 7 0 14
Scoring Summary
Team Stats
Player Stats
Houston Cincinnati
1st Downs 20 17
3rd down efficiency 80 40
4th down efficiency 0 100
Total Yards 329 311
Passing 240 181
Completion Attempts 18 - 25 11 - 21
Yards Per Pass 9.6 8.62
Rushing
Rushing Attempts 13 11
Yards Per Rush 3.77 5.18
Turnovers 1 2
Fumbles Lost 0 1
Interceptions Thrown 1 1
Possession 17:00 10:11
Old 07-19-2010, 03:01 PM   #7
Rookie

Played another user game last night - Ohio State vs Miami. Terrelle Pryor was injured in the first quarter and my offense stalled all game.

Down 14 - 10 on my own 35 with 12 seconds left, pump faked a safety down and threw up a prayer to Devier Posey. My backup didn't have good arm strength so the receiver had to sit and wait for the pass but he caught it and stepped out of bounds with 4 seconds left. Threw a curl against an ill advised cover 3 zone for a touchdown with 1 second left and the win!.

IT WAS E P I C! I'll edit this with stats and highlights later.

Last edited by RDTII; 07-19-2010 at 03:01 PM. Reason: E P I C
Old 07-20-2010, 07:50 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 9

So would the sliders be defected if the users use there stick skills becuz it defeats the purpose for the sliders being user and the computer AI is catching for us on defense and offense

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »