Home

For those who play Sim Heisman: Initial Judgment/Concerns

This is a discussion on For those who play Sim Heisman: Initial Judgment/Concerns within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-06-2010, 09:32 AM   #25
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: For those who play Sim Heisman: Initial Judgment/Concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I'm with you DJ. I went 12-1 with Arizona beating 12-0 TCU in a BCS game. I beat Stanford, Iowa, USC, and UCLA with my only lose coming against Arizona St. (user controlled).

I have yet to really lose to the CPU on AA. I hate winning every single game, so Heisman is the way for me.
I have 2 Dynasties going, an FSU (alumn) one and a San Diego State one, both on AA with adjusted sliders.

In my FSU Dynasty, I went 13-1 Year 1, finishing No. 2 in the polls. My lone loss was to Virginia of all teams, due to me missing a couple of FGs and the CPU breaking off 2 big runs in the final minutes. I beat Georgia Tech in the ACC Championship and Boise State in the Orange Bowl. I was 6-0 against Top 25 teams. Not saying that's impossible, but aside from a couple of games, I won most without too much trouble.

Just started my SDSU Dynasty and changed my first game on the schedule to UCLA from an FCS school. UCLA is a decent team and SDSU is not very strong, but yet, with 2 minutes to play, I was tied at 21-21. I did lose by 2 touchdowns (again, 2 long runs by the CPU, man that Pro-Tak kicks in at the wrong times, lol) but still, I felt the game was way too even, considering the matchup. With SDSU, I should feel very lucky to win against teams in the power conferences. On AA, I only punted once and that was b/c of penalties.

That was the thing I did like about Heisman; the CPU will put it on you if you play with an inferior team. I like that you really have to play sound football, and get some breaks to go your way if you are going to have a chance to win. I know the CPU gets a boost in attributes on this level, but I think that makes sense and helps level the playing field as user skill is usually far superior than the hard-coded AI.

I'm going to make the switch back to default and just run with it. I can already feel that if I were to stay on AA, I'd have to make a lot of little tweaks to try and get the CPU to play a little harder than they are currently.
Animal Crossing New Horizons (Switch)
Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 08:15 PM   #26
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

OK, so I officially made the switch back to default Heisman (8 min. quarters, Slow game speed, 40 Speed Threshold) today and got 2 games in.

First game: Syracuse (me) @ No. 4 Oregon. Final score: Oregon 41-0. I actually didn't play that bad in the game, but that doesn't reflect in the final score. I moved the ball pretty well through the air, but Syracuse's offensive line isn't very good and couldn't open any holes in the running game. Oregon ran the read option really well, with Costa even breaking off a pair of big runs.

Second game: No. 15 Miami @ No. 21 Florida State (me). Final score: FSU 27-20. I returned the opening kickoff with Greg Reid for a TD! I went up 21-0 early. Ponder was on fire, throwing a pair of TD passes, but early in the 2nd quarter took a nasty hit and was carted off the field. Manuel came in and the offense struggled. Miami scored 17 unanswered to close the gap to 4 entering the 4th quarter. Finally, I managed to score (thanks to a forced fumble by my player-locked MLB; I had 2 on the game) on a pair of field goals and held on for the win.

I didn't have time to write down all the stats, but from what I remember, Oregon ran for over 200 yards against Syracuse and Miami's Graig Cooper broke the 100-yard mark against FSU. Miami had more total offense than FSU, but I did have more time of possession. I had 4 sacks with both SU and FSU and I believe I gave up about that many in both games. I threw 3 INTs with SU and 1 with FSU. No fumbles by me in either game.

As for CPU QBs, Harris was 65% on his passes and Costa was 72% against SU.

Both games were a lot of fun. What I like about Heisman is that the CPU actually puts up a fight and you have to be on top of your game or you will lose. I kind of relaxed when I went up 21 points against Miami and before I knew it, I was only up 4 and felt like if I didn't get those turnovers, I might've lost the game. Sure, losing by 41 @ Oregon was rough, but honestly, if that matchup played out in real life @ Autzen, I'd expect SU to get beat up pretty badly. Again, the 3 turnovers I had didn't help me and I did miss a FG, so I gave away at least 9 points.

If you play with a lower-ranked team on the road against a top-10 team, it is a tough go of it. The home-field advantage really makes a difference, and I like that.

I think I'm going to start over my SDSU Dynasty (only 1 game in) and change the settings on my FSU Dynasty (1-0 in Year 2) to default Heisman. No more slider changes for me. I think Heisman is a fair challenge and hopefully will provide the same type of results that I experienced today.
Animal Crossing New Horizons (Switch)
Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
Old 08-06-2010, 10:57 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 8

The problem with Heisman or in general with this game is that there will always be one or two games in a season where your team will flat out lay an egg and there is nothing you can do because the cpu is literally unstoppable. I have adjusted sliders to the point where I feel their perfect based on play calling and skill and there is nothing you can do against this major ai boost and it will happen in every dynasty you play and it feels very cheap and unrealistic imo.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #28
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

if you play on AA you have to have 50 or higher threshold. this will make the hum short passing game harder and the outside run game harder. the two major weak spots of the cpu D at this point on AA. I play at 60 or 65 and dl are not running anyone down. if your faster your faster but you have to watch your angles because change of directions isnt as fast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »