Home

Pass Coverage (My Theory)

This is a discussion on Pass Coverage (My Theory) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Pass Coverage (My Theory)

So far I have had tremendous results lowering the Pass Coverage for both CPU and Human on All-American. By doing this, you can't leave QB ability at default, but lower them 15-20 points each. This results in more under/over throws. I also boosted WR catches a notch and INT's a notch. This allows for less unrealistic drops that are normally used as a placebo for bad throws.

Assuming I haven't confused the crap out of anyone, my goal is to get a realistic pass game for both the CPU and Human without having to sacrifice realism. So far it's worked, and I think I might be on to something. If anyone is interested in trying the theory out let me know your results. Thanks.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 04:17 PM   #2
Rookie

FakeTiger's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Pass Coverage (My Theory)

Good thought. I really like the fact that receivers come open with lower coverage settings and lowering the QB slider makes the throws not automatic. After reading through Playmakers thread, it appears that the interception slider affects the "break on the ball" while the coverage slider affects positioning. One thing I've looked at is lowering coverage to 35 and passing to 25 while raising interceptions to 100. The theory here is that you will have open receivers but if you do throw into coverage, you will be punished. Good luck!

FakeTiger
Old 07-15-2010, 04:45 PM   #3
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeTiger
Good thought. I really like the fact that receivers come open with lower coverage settings and lowering the QB slider makes the throws not automatic. After reading through Playmakers thread, it appears that the interception slider affects the "break on the ball" while the coverage slider affects positioning. One thing I've looked at is lowering coverage to 35 and passing to 25 while raising interceptions to 100. The theory here is that you will have open receivers but if you do throw into coverage, you will be punished. Good luck!

FakeTiger
Thanks for the comment. I definitely will try out raising the INT slider for both sides and see how it works out.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:58 PM   #4
Rookie

lbowbb2's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
So far I have had tremendous results lowering the Pass Coverage for both CPU and Human on All-American. By doing this, you can't leave QB ability at default, but lower them 15-20 points each. This results in more under/over throws. I also boosted WR catches a notch and INT's a notch. This allows for less unrealistic drops that are normally used as a placebo for bad throws.

Assuming I haven't confused the crap out of anyone, my goal is to get a realistic pass game for both the CPU and Human without having to sacrifice realism. So far it's worked, and I think I might be on to something. If anyone is interested in trying the theory out let me know your results. Thanks.
I really like the idea. Ill try it tonight.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:30 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 14

This is an amazing idea. I am implementing this to my slider set now. It is showing a lot of potential after my testing on this idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #6
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Nature
This is an amazing idea. I am implementing this to my slider set now. It is showing a lot of potential after my testing on this idea.
Cool, let me know how it goes. I've made some minor changes, and am about to try them out in a UF vs Alabama game. Right now I have QBA at 30 for both the CPU and human, WR Catching at 65 for both sides, Pass Coverage to 35 for both sides, and INT's at 55 for both sides. Ill let everyone know how the game goes.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:08 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

This is what I did with my slider set. I went into practice and would change the Pass Coverage from 50 to 45 to 40, etc. And I would do this over and over for each one and watch it in the replay. After doing it enough times I found a good number that minimizes the DBs mirroring your WR. I just had to recently up CPU Pass Coverage because the out route in this game was having the same success as it did in 2k8. Since then I have gotten it to act a lot more realistic.

― Plato
Old 07-15-2010, 07:18 PM   #8
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
This is what I did with my slider set. I went into practice and would change the Pass Coverage from 50 to 45 to 40, etc. And I would do this over and over for each one and watch it in the replay. After doing it enough times I found a good number that minimizes the DBs mirroring your WR. I just had to recently up CPU Pass Coverage because the out route in this game was having the same success as it did in 2k8. Since then I have gotten it to act a lot more realistic.
so what do you have it at and what difficulty?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »