Home

CPU vs CPU (CLAYSTONE)

This is a discussion on CPU vs CPU (CLAYSTONE) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2010, 06:26 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: CPU vs CPU (CLAYSTONE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asprillaemerald
Yes.

Week 1: Cincinatti 49 @ Fresno St 42 with Home Field Adv turned off. As an observer of a 'pass-orientated offense which operates out of the hurry-up for periods' vs a 'running dominated coaching set-up'.

Over 1200 thousand yards in total, mainly dominated by the passing game [1000 in total] - especially after half-time as Cin built up a big lead at the half, and Fresno had to play catch-up. Rushing numbers were solid [YPC] although i wouldn't mind knowing what your RB sub-in/sub-out settings are, as Fresno's starter had nearly 40 carries for the game. That's too much of a workload, even for a more run-heavy offense. And do you have Home Field Advantage turned on or off, as Fresno St should not have been down by a huge margin [at home, with a productive running game with only 1 turnover] against Cincinatti.

Whereas your workloads, between the starters & back-ups, appear realistic ie. starter [around mid 20's carry per game average, back-ups are still averaging 10+].

I'll restart my dynasty after the patch [which corrects the recruiting issues after yr 4] comes out.

Wow, that's a lot of yards in total. Why so high...lol. Keep "Home Field Advantage" on.

I have my sub in/out set to 70/80 for my HB. What I'm starting to do when I have two good HB is start one for the 1st half, then change to my 2nd HB for the 2nd half. My starter has been injured the past couple of games so I played with one HB.

Weird, it seems like the 1st year of peoples dynasty, scores seem to be high. As you go on in years, scores dwindle down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 06:36 PM   #82
Banned

WEEK 9 (3rd Year)

#17 BYU: 30 - San Diego: 0

WEEK 10 (3rd Year)

#15 Utah: 28 - San Diego: 7

WEEK 11 (3rd Year)

San Diego: 12 - New Mexico: 7

WEEK 12 (3rd Year)

BYE WEEK

Been busy, so i haven't had a chance to give the stats for these games.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #83
td7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have noticed in cpu vs. cpu the slot receiver is the leading pass catcher in 90% of the games I play....Have you noticed this?
Old 08-03-2010, 08:11 PM   #84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by td7
I have noticed in cpu vs. cpu the slot receiver is the leading pass catcher in 90% of the games I play....Have you noticed this?
I'll check that out and let you know.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:16 PM   #85
Banned

WEEK 13 (3rd Year)

San Diego: 24 - UNLV: 27

San Diego Passing:
QB #5: 23 FOR 41 / 336yds / 3 TD / 0 INT / 56% Comp

UNLV Passing:
QB #11: 18 FOR 33 / 342yds / 2 TD / 0 INT / 54% Comp
__________________________________________________ ____________
San Diego Rushing:
HB #20: 11 Carries for 57yds / 0 TD / 5.1 Avg.
HB #31: 12 Carries for 33yds / 1 TD / 2.7 Avg.

UNLV Rushing:
HB #28: 21 Carries for 64yds / 1 TD / 3.0 Avg.
__________________________________________________ ____________
San Diego Defense:
Sacks: 5
INT: 0

UNLV Defense:
Sacks: 1
INT: 0
__________________________________________________ _________________________________

MODE: AA
SPEED: SLOW
SPEED THRESHOLD: 50
TIME: 8 Min.

OFFENSIVE SLIDERS
QBA: 50/50
PASS BLOCK: 50/50
WR CATCH: 50/50
RBA: 50/50
RUN BLOCK: 50/50

DEFENSIVE SLIDERS
PASS COVERAGE: 50/50
PASS RUSH: 50/50
INT: 50/50
RUSH DEFENSE: 50/50
TACKLE: 35/35

SPECIAL TEAM SLIDERS
FG Power: 50/50
FG Accuarcy: 50/50
Punt Power: 50/50
Punt Accuarcy: 50/50
Kick Off Length: 50/50
__________________________________________________ _________________________________

San Diego Gameplan

Offense
Run/Pass: 45
Offense Aggression: 50
Offense Sub: 60

Defense
Run/Pass: 50
Defense Agreesion: 20
Defense Sub: 60

UNLV Gameplan

Offense
Offense Aggression: 50
Offense Sub: 60

Defense
Defense Agreesion: 20
Defense Sub: 60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 08:20 PM   #86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by td7

You're right. Here is my WR breakdown.

#1 WR: #4 (36 Rec. / 580yds)
#2 WR: #84 (33 Rec. / 490yds)
#3 WR: #12 (38 Rec. / 640yds)

The slot WR gets more catches.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #87
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Nice thread clay...sounds like you're really enjoying it. Couple of questions - have you faced any option teams and if so, how successful were they? From everything I've seen in CPU games that I've run, it just gets stuffed in the backfield most of the time. The result of that over a whole game is not pretty - often the option teams fail to even gain positive rushing yards. It isn't much better in human vs. CPU, but at least the human can make a mistake either in playcalling or defense to open it up...sometimes. I was wondering if your sliders helped out with that problem...thanks!
Old 08-04-2010, 01:18 PM   #88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Nice thread clay...sounds like you're really enjoying it. Couple of questions - have you faced any option teams and if so, how successful were they? From everything I've seen in CPU games that I've run, it just gets stuffed in the backfield most of the time. The result of that over a whole game is not pretty - often the option teams fail to even gain positive rushing yards. It isn't much better in human vs. CPU, but at least the human can make a mistake either in playcalling or defense to open it up...sometimes. I was wondering if your sliders helped out with that problem...thanks!
I have faced option teams, and what I have notice is that the QB, when running, bends over like he was punched in the gut and running in quicksand. This animation hurts the play from having positive yards. I think I saw a couple of plays where the QB and HB had very nice runs for 10-15 yards, but it's rare.

There is something with the game engine that is not allowing this type of offense to do well. Outside from that, running the ball with my HB alone has been fine, as you can see from my stats. Only the dreaded "HB Glitch" kills a lot of big gain runs from time to time.

Stay away from the Option Playbook if you as me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »