Home

CPU vs CPU (CLAYSTONE)

This is a discussion on CPU vs CPU (CLAYSTONE) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-04-2010, 07:10 PM   #89
td7
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: CPU vs CPU (CLAYSTONE)

How do we resolve the slot WR domination?
Old 08-04-2010, 09:15 PM   #90
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Do you guys know how to activate coach mode in ncaa 11?
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:46 AM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
I have faced option teams, and what I have notice is that the QB, when running, bends over like he was punched in the gut and running in quicksand. This animation hurts the play from having positive yards. I think I saw a couple of plays where the QB and HB had very nice runs for 10-15 yards, but it's rare.

There is something with the game engine that is not allowing this type of offense to do well. Outside from that, running the ball with my HB alone has been fine, as you can see from my stats. Only the dreaded "HB Glitch" kills a lot of big gain runs from time to time.

Stay away from the Option Playbook if you as me.
Echo those sentiments, re: staying away from the option playbooks. It's self defeating to attempt to create a slider set that protects the QB on the option, but creates an overall imbalance in favour of the running game.

What i've placed in bold is pretty much the standard occurance - maybe for one drive, but nothing sustainable. That's even with Georgia Tech up against a cup-cake defensive unit.

I ran a GT game [in exhibition mode admittedly] against Duke, using Fresno State's run-heavy playbook to replace the run-option. Final score 49-17 in favour of GT, with over 200 yards of rushing at an overall average over 6 yards per carry.

Next dynasty i start [after the dynasty patch is released] i'll make the appropriate changes to all the option teams via the coaching strategies utility.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2010, 02:59 AM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 1

hey claystone im in my first year with ohio state, yes we have a perfect record and slid by penn state, but my problem is terrelle pryor he is horrible, dont u think u have the int up a little too high at 50?? cuz he throws atleast 2 pics a game, i moved it down to 40 and i like it a little better, but he always throws atleast one, and whats sad is he only passes the ball around 15-20 times a game with a avg completion percentage around 36% i mean he is horrible, my offense is 35 run/pass, but he never runs either, its just handoffs, but the reason i was is cause of saine my running back of course, hes the leading rusher in the ncaa right now, he runs it atleast 30 times a game for a avg of 175, our defense never allows more than 50 yds of rushing, but my main question for you is, is there really a point in having a fast quarterback unless your running a option playbook like georgia tech?? cuz the ohio state playbook, is all about handoffs to the back, and pryor never scrambles, if he does he ends up throwing it for a int, instead of running the ball
Old 08-09-2010, 01:49 PM   #93
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfert2287
hey claystone im in my first year with ohio state, yes we have a perfect record and slid by penn state, but my problem is terrelle pryor he is horrible, dont u think u have the int up a little too high at 50?? cuz he throws atleast 2 pics a game, i moved it down to 40 and i like it a little better, but he always throws atleast one, and whats sad is he only passes the ball around 15-20 times a game with a avg completion percentage around 36% i mean he is horrible, my offense is 35 run/pass, but he never runs either, its just handoffs, but the reason i was is cause of saine my running back of course, hes the leading rusher in the ncaa right now, he runs it atleast 30 times a game for a avg of 175, our defense never allows more than 50 yds of rushing, but my main question for you is, is there really a point in having a fast quarterback unless your running a option playbook like georgia tech?? cuz the ohio state playbook, is all about handoffs to the back, and pryor never scrambles, if he does he ends up throwing it for a int, instead of running the ball
Been out of the country, so I haven't had time to get more game stats up.

I find the int's are fine on my side. I've posted stats of my games which you can review. This is the reason for posting stats, to see if the sliders give a realistic game play. My 1st season my QB threw 7 int's the whole year, which i think is low.

Option Playbooks, IMO, don't work in this game. The game engine is too screwed up to give you a realistic gameplay when using Option plays. This is what I've experienced in this game.

Use a "Pro" style playbook, like San Diego State. I really like their playbook.

I hope this helps.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:46 PM   #94
Rookie

well terrelle pryor throws a int atleast once every game, and completes under 40 percent a game, and never runs, i just use the playbooks that are set for the specific team, im surprised though how the tackles are at 40 and still my running back dominates he gets over 150 a game, and our defense always allows under 50yds rushing, i dont know if my defense is so good, that teams like penn state, wisconsin, and iowa still cant do anything, well im about to play alabama in the ncaa championship, i will post the stats, but i dont like the fg at 50/50 kickers are making 50-60yd field goals easily dont u think?
Old 08-10-2010, 01:46 AM   #95
Rookie

This happens to be a game I just decided I wanted to watch.fficeffice" />>>
>>
BOWL WEEK (1st Year)>>
>>
>>
ffice:smarttags" />lace>FloridaStatelace>: 47 lace>Floridalace>: 29>>
>>
>>
lace>FloridaStatelace> Passing: >>
QB #3: E.Manuel 86 Ovr: 22 FOR 39 / 402yds / 4 TD / 3 INT / 56% Comp>>
QB #7: C.Ponder 93 Ovr: Injured before game started.
>>
lace>Floridalace> Passing:>>
QB #13: T.Burton 66 Ovr: 21 FOR 37 / 298yds / 2 TD / 0 INT / 56% Comp
QB #12: J.Brantley 87 Ovr: Also Injured before game started.
>>
It was clearly a battle of the backups with on paper FSU having a huge edge.>>
>>
lace>FloridaStatelace> Rushing:>>
HB #38: J.Thomas 88 Ovr: 21 Carries for 84yds / 1 TD / 4.0 Avg.
>>
lace>Floridalace> Rushing:>>
HB #2: J.Demps 92 Ovr: 19 Carries for 71yds / 0 TD / 3.7 Avg.
>>
lace>FloridaStatelace> Kicking:>>
K #18: D.Hopkins 86 Ovr: 2 For 3 / FG 30-39 / 1 For 2 / FGM 50-59 / 1 For 1 / Long 57
>>
lace>Floridalace> Kicking: >>
K #19: C.Sturgis 88 Ovr: 3 For 4 / FG 30-39 / 3 For 3 / FG 40-49 / 0 For 1 / Long 36
>>
I added kicking only because maybe its just me but I find a 57yd FG kick to be a little extreme.>>
>>
lace>FloridaStatelace> Defense:>>
Sacks: 6
INT: 0
Fumbles: 2
>>
lace>Floridalace> Defense:>>
Sacks: 1
INT: 3
Fumbles: 2>>
>>
>>
MODE: AA>>
SPEED: SLOW>>
SPEED THRESHOLD: 50>>
TIME: 8 Min.>>
>>
OFFENSIVE SLIDERS>>
QBA: 50/50
PASS BLOCK: 50/50
WR CATCH: 50/50
RBA: 50/50
RUN BLOCK: 50/50
>>
DEFENSIVE SLIDERS>>
PASS COVERAGE: 50/50
PASS RUSH: 50/50
INT: 40/40
RUSH DEFENSE: 50/50
TACKLE: 35/35>>
>>
SPECIAL TEAM SLIDERS>>
FG Power: 50/50
FG Accuracy: 50/50
Punt Power: 50/50
Punt Accuracy: 50/50
Kick Off Length: 50/50
>>
>>
lace>FloridaStatelace> Gameplan>>
Offense
Playbook: lace>Florida Statelace>
Run/Pass: 50
Offense Aggression: 50
Offense Sub: 70
>>
Defense
Run/Pass: 60
Defense Aggression: 35
Defense Sub: 70
>>
lace>Floridalace> Gameplan>>
Offense
Playbook: lace>Floridalace>
Run/Pass: 40
Offense Aggression: 50
Offense Sub: 70
>>
Defense
Run/Pass: 50
Defense Aggression: 35
Defense Sub: 70>>
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 01:51 AM   #96
Rookie

sry about all the marks, its the first time, i tried posting stats, i hope u can still read the main points im also attaching the word document that i saved it to, u can read it better, tell me what you think claystone, i will do my ohio state buckeyes vs alabama yr 1 ncaa championship tomorrow, both teams undefeated, should be an interesting game
Attached Files
File Type: doc FSU vs UF YR 1.doc (29.5 KB, 11 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »