Home

Old 08-16-2010, 12:31 AM   #81
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: versuz2 sliders

yeh, i feel ya man, we need dude who made these 2 update his sliders. I get great games but my run has disappeared and so has the cpu's. Game is head and shoulders above madden 11 tho lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 10:02 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 5

I suggest raising rb ability to 50 on both sides. Lowering the rb ability strips them down too far. It makes them too slow and they can't break any tackles. I think it also makes them alot more prone to fumbling. Demps from Florida fumbled 3 straight kickoff returns with the CPU ability at 40. Raise it to 50 and try it out.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:05 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ok, so I've done a bit of experimenting to isolate the cause of the line just breaking through and here is what I found -

I tried lowering just Rush Defense and that didn't help. Then I tried lowering Pass Rush to see if that was the cause and it wasn't. Lastly, I lowered Tackling and found that it worked. For some reason, Tackling seems to affect how fast the the D Linemen get into the backfield.

So, as of now I have CPU Tackling at 50. I think I also turned RB ability for both teams up to 45. The problem here is that lowering Tackling also seems to affect the D Lineman's ability on Passing situations as well. So, I lowered User Pass Blocking to 90.

These are just tentative adjustments and I will try and tweak them in the near future to get the most realistic game play possible. Also, I still seem to get a Fumble Recovery for a TD at least once a game. Not sure how to stop that either.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:14 PM   #84
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

So do you think patch #2 messed things up slider wise or do we need 2 adjust and build a new slider set.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:00 PM   #85
Rookie

I'm not sure, I do think the patch messed some things up or the tuners changed some things that would reflect in the slider sets we have.

Anyways, I've experimented for a few days and I have finally come up with an updated version of Versus' sliders that I like. Running is still tough but not impossible and the computer is still challenging.

Versus Updated
Human/CPU
QB Accuracy...................90-75
Pass Blocking..................65-30
WR Catching...................90-75
RB Ability.......................50-50
Run Blocking...................100-75
Pass Coverage................35-30
Pass Rush......................100-75
Interceptions..................90-75
Rush Defense..................40-35
Tackling.........................90-40
FG Power........................45-10
FG Accuracy....................30-55
Punt Power......................35-40
Punt Accuracy.................35-40
KO Power........................30-35

I may adjust this a bit further as I play more into my season but as for now I'm using this. Hope this helps anyone who was using the outdated version!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 01:22 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 0

I sent versuz2 a message on youtube to see what he has been using post patch so hopefully I hear from him soon.

The passing game is just amazing with these sliders but the run game is totally shot.

I'm going to experiment as well and see if I can't find a good way to fix what's broken without messing up what he got completely right. These sliders have totally repaired the flaw in play action for me and now my entire playbook is usable again.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:59 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well versuz hasn't gotten back to me yet but, I did some messing around with the sliders tonight, and I got the run game feeling pretty good. I averaged about 3.8 and the cpu 4.0 but I was tweaking through out the game. I want to play a few more before posting the new ones but I feel really good about them. I'm also going to play around with the qb accuracy and wr catching a bit because it's feeling a bit automatic to me. Its a lot of fun especially having to make quick decisions in the pocket but the wideouts are catching pretty much everything and I havn't really had one throw that I felt was off the mark. Will do some more testing this week and when I'm done will post the results.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:23 PM   #88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmstate
I'm not sure, I do think the patch messed some things up or the tuners changed some things that would reflect in the slider sets we have.

Anyways, I've experimented for a few days and I have finally come up with an updated version of Versus' sliders that I like. Running is still tough but not impossible and the computer is still challenging.

Versus Updated
Human/CPU
QB Accuracy...................90-75
Pass Blocking..................65-30
WR Catching...................90-75
RB Ability.......................50-50
Run Blocking...................100-75
Pass Coverage................35-30
Pass Rush......................100-75
Interceptions..................90-75
Rush Defense..................40-35
Tackling.........................90-40
FG Power........................45-10
FG Accuracy....................30-55
Punt Power......................35-40
Punt Accuracy.................35-40
KO Power........................30-35

I may adjust this a bit further as I play more into my season but as for now I'm using this. Hope this helps anyone who was using the outdated version!
Not to be a ***** I know how much works goes into sliders, but from versuz2's old sliders to these I saw no difference in the run game and did not like the overall feel of them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »