Home

Human RunBlocking means way more then CPU Rush D on Heisman(Video included)

This is a discussion on Human RunBlocking means way more then CPU Rush D on Heisman(Video included) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-20-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Human RunBlocking means way more then CPU Rush D on Heisman(Video included)

Sorry about fan noise

Now pay attention to my C vs DT of Wisconsin.....with the sliders at 40 RBK to 30 Cpu Rush D......the DT does that blow by animation almost instantly and is right after Devine immediately

This has been the cause of my frustration with the Option game for some time

After a while I switch the setting to 55 RBK to 100 CPU rush D..........and surprisingly the C vs DT battle is better for the user

In General I think we've learned to never drop the User Run Block below 45 on Heisman

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 04:44 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 18
Re: Human RunBlocking means way more then CPU Rush D on Heisman(Video included)

Nice man. awesome testing and observations.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:29 PM   #3
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Thanks for sharing. Really makes the rushing sliders a lot clearer.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:17 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

I ran a couple of common runs using these changes, and below is what I found. Just some background info I use Matt10's Heisman Sliders on slow Game Speed and 35 Speed Thres. I used Ohio State in Pratice Vs. Ohio State's Defense to get these results.

PlayShotgun Inside DrawI. IsoI. TossAce Big CounterPony H Twins Power Option
122-1181
2-1-150-1
3-1319-1
422-141
6-23-105
9-11061015
1064-112-2
Average1.56.72.47.62.8
vs. 4-3 Overall Avg.4.2
Old 07-20-2010, 11:25 PM   #5
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

in case you're curious, pass blocking acts the same way

the closer to 0 you get on the pass blocking slider, the more "result" blocks you get... that is, animations where the block is engaged and beat (or the blocker throws down the runner if he is better) right away...

for pass blocking, these are moves like the outside pass rush where the defender dips his shoulder and tries to beat the tackle around the edge, or when a guard spins right away and either beats the blocker or gets pushed over and falls down

basically, the pass blocking has a huge impact on these animations... the lower it goes, the more likely that one of these animations will trigger right away instead of a traditional block where the two players engage w/out a predetermined animation

now, the higher the level (heisman vs freshman), the more this will occur as well

imo, these initial blocking results (IBR's for short lol) as I call them, are not good... it is ok to have them once in a while, but you don't want blockers being beaten or defenders thrown down all the time (not to mention, these animations often looks silly because the players suction into them from funny distances/locations a lot). You want the defenders/blockers to engage and then have to battle it out

on the other side, the higher the pass rush, the "better" the defender compared to the blocker... they will get off their blocks better and their moves will have a higher success rate. But it wont increase the likely hood that one of these immediate results happens (it will increase the success rate of them when they do happen however)

so on Heisman, a 0 pass block/0 pass rush will result in lots of these IBR's (where the skill of the blocker/defender will determine the result... unfortunately a better defender will beat his blocking counterpart practically every time, which ruins the experience)... a 100 pass block/100 pass rush however will have almost none of these IBR's (because of the 100 pass block) and instead the players will engage and then battle it out... unfortunately 100 pass block has a ton of suction and looks ugly... also, when they engage strong it is still hard for the 100 pass rush to beat them (often because even when the block is disengaged, the 100 pass block triggers another block right away lol)

so the end result is that you should set the blocking as low as you can, to the point where you get these IBR's at the rate you want (which should be fairly rare imo)... and then set the pass rush to the get the average amount of time in the pocket that you feel is good. Which is what you seem to have discovered/done w/ the pass rushing, so nice job
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »