Home

Squid's close to Default AA Sliders

This is a discussion on Squid's close to Default AA Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-29-2010, 11:05 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Squid's close to Default AA Sliders

I made some adjustments to the sliders to help the cpu's game.

Hum/CPU

QB Accuracy: 40/45 Helps the cpu keep their drives alive longer. Helps cut down in interceptions.

Pass rush: 50/45 I lowered it to 50 as I was getting too many sacks playing defensive end. If you don't play on the defensive line you should probably leave it at 55 or maybe raise it to 60 if you need more pressure.

Run blocking: 50/75 Human blocking gets lowered as the run game is fine at 50. CPU needs the boost in their run blocking to help their running game get going.

Tackling: 40/50 Human tackling gets lowered to help the cpu ball carriers break a few more tackles to get key yards after contact. This really helps the cpu ball game be consistent.

A group of guys here at OS came up with some good defensive aggressive settings for the cpu. Someone on Utopia posted them on the link posted. Either way it really helps the cpu from being too aggressive on blitzes and giving up big plays. Big thanks to whoever made these.

Defensive aggressive settings for cpu

All in all the game plays much better now on All American, that is until the next tuner patch makes this set obsolete.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:08 AM   #10
Rookie

Updated: September 11, 2010

Time: 8 minute quarters

For Patch #3 and Tuner Pack #3
Speed: Normal
Speed threshold: 40

Human/CPU

QB accuracy: 40/40
Pass blocking: 50/45
WR Catch: 45/45
Running back ability: 50/55
Run block: 50/75
Pass coverage: 50/50
Pass rush: 50/45
Rush Defense: 30/40
Tackling: 40/40
FG Power: 25/25
Punt Power:45/50

All other kicking sliders at default.

Game Rules
Offsides........................95 -
False Start....................95 -
Holding.........................50 -
Facemask......................50 -
O Pass Interference........100 -
D Pass Interference........100 -
KR/PR Interference..........100 -
Clipping.........................55 -
Intentional Grounding.......100 -
Roughing the Passer.........90 -
Roughing the Kicker.........100 -

If you use these sliders in your offline dynasty you might like these coaching sliders found in this OS thread. Big thanks to Oraeon1224 and whoever else contributed to these sliders. I use these in my offline dynasty. Unfortunately I can't use them in Online Dynasty. They help cut down on the computers 7 and 8 man blitzes. Occasionally they will still do it, but its cut down by a lot.

OS Coaching sliders
Old 09-11-2010, 02:09 AM   #11
Rookie

I updated the sliders for Patch and Tuner pack #3. You can find them on the first post of this thread or in the post right above this.

The good news is the patch has brought back a potent cpu running game. The cpu can run the ball with these sliders, so you'll need to pay attention to that.

I lowered lowered WR catch to 45, helps the secondaries out, mainly when the receivers get hit while going after the ball.

I lowered the cpu run defense and tackling to 40. Mainly because they would pursue to the ball a little too well and it became more like touch football. Where once they got near the running back he would go down. You couldn't break out of the tackle, so tackling at 40 allows for more varied play.

The only slider I'm still debating on is QB accuracy for the cpu. I kind of want it at 45, but having it at 40 along with WR catch at 45 should keep "Robo-QB" away. I'm going to play some more offline dynasty games and see how the online players in the OD I host play. If the CPU QB consistently goes under 50% completion then that's the cue to bump it to 45, but for now we'll see what happens with 40.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 12:34 AM   #12
Rookie

Thanks to two weeks of data in my online dynasty I was able to decide on some minor changes.

One was I realized the cpu running back was breaking about 2-3 tackles a bit too much. The running back ability slider was out of balance and causing this. I lowered their ability from 55 to 50. The cpu will still be able to rush well and get yards after contact. But you won't see Superman in a cape doing it WWE style consistently.

I also lowered human running back ability from 50 to 45. Mainly to help reduce the speed of the fast backs in our league. The users wanted me to save them from their tendency to use stretch plays out of pro formations a bit too much.

This coupled with raising cpu rush defense from 40 to 45 will see the user yards per a carry drop to more normal ranges. Although shotgun based offenses might want to keep rush defense to 40, and maybe if you wish keep human running back ability to 50. These adjustments are mainly to help out my pro formation brothers in my league.

I also bumped the cpu pass rush back to default at 50.

All these changes should help create a more balanced experience. All the adjustments have been posted on the first post of this thread. You'll see them in bold.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:54 AM   #13
Rookie

I was looking over the sliders and realized I left out the interceptions slider, ooops

The slider is

Hum/CPU

Interceptions: 0/30

That's a big one. The 0 helps keep the cpu from killing their own drives with stupid picks. The 30 on the cpu side helps punish users for making real bad passes.

Apologies for forgetting, thought it was in there. Its on the first page now.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:22 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 20

heh, i had it at default, but haven't gotten a pick in 3 games

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »