Home

Old 07-24-2010, 12:54 PM   #1
Rookie

Razorbacker's Arena

OVR: 4
Slider help

I've been tinkering with the sliders to get a more competitive game vs. cpu in dynasty.

I play as Arkansas (with my own roster & ratings adjustments), 8 min qtrs on A-A. Right now I am 8-0.

Right now my defense is dominant and that's why the games aren't that competitive. The thing this is bugging me is that my opponents often gain a lot of yards and first downs, but they just don't score. I give up a token TD, usually early, but after that I dominate.

I haven't made drastic slider changes, but the changes I have made I've noticed a better cpu run game. The problems arise in that the cpu just doesn't execute. The QB makes stupid decisions or the coach calls a screen pass on 3rd and 18.

I don't want my opponents going wild on offense, scoring at will, leaving me with the feeling that there's nothing I can do to stop them. I want that balance to where I have to play well, make good calls, to stop the cpu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 01:22 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Slider help

Did you edit the attributes for all the schools or just for your school and a few schools you know of ?

I mean as along as you didn't make your school superman with your roster edits and edited the other schools as well, the cpu will execute on their own more times then not.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:16 PM   #3
Rookie

Razorbacker's Arena

OVR: 4

I only edited Arkansas's attributes. I didn't make the Hogs supermen. And I really didn't edit the defensive attributes all that much. I might have 'upped' a couple players. In fact I actually lowered a couple players also on defense.

My fear was realized. I tinkered some more with the sliders and just played UTEP. I gave up 4 TDs, almost 450 yards and 18 first downs. Luckily their defense sucks and I was able to win 56-27.

Now I don't mind giving up points like that, but to UTEP? Hell I held Bama to 3 points (a 10-3 win). Held Auburn, Ole Miss, Vandy and South Carolina to 7 points each. I could see those schools scoring 27 on me.

Not sure what I need to do. When I say I tinker with sliders, I mean little changes, like one click per a few categories.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:28 PM   #4
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbacker
Not sure what I need to do. When I say I tinker with sliders, I mean little changes, like one click per a few categories.
Have you tried any of the slider makers sets? Check out the slider forum and look for the ones with the MOST 'views' and check them out. Even if you want to tinker then you'll have a solid base to work with.

And as for the UTEP score...I think that may be closer to real life in almost EVERY game the Hogs play this year. Just hope we can beat the Louisiana Directional College early and set the stage for the season. Honestly, I am worried for us tho.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »