Home

"Footballforever's Simple No Baloney Heisman Sliders"

This is a discussion on "Footballforever's Simple No Baloney Heisman Sliders" within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #105
Pro

bpete07's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: "Footballforever's Simple No Baloney Heisman Sliders"

Trying now with the new set and slow, 50 threshold
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 06:44 PM   #106
Pro

bpete07's Arena

OVR: 6

I just tried these out and IMO they played better and more competitive then the 1st set, I liked the 50 threshold, made the game tighter and more competitve. I"m playing a dynasty with Nebraska. #6 on my instant classic with a 292

#2 Nebraska (Me) vs # 10 Texas A&M

Score - 30 to 22 - they made a nice 2nd half surge, I Was up 20-0 at half time, then brought the opening kick of the 2nd half back to go up 27-0, so you can see how good they played after that.

Total offense - 323 446
Rushing - 36 for 221 33 for 113
Passing - 7/22 for 102 28/39 for 333

My wide receivers has 8 dropped passes, otherwise my QB wasn't far off, they were all easy catches IMO

I thought these were pretty good, I'd recommend maybe upping USER catch to 50 to stop all the drops, but I loved the slow and 50 threshold, seems like slow is the only way i can get compeitive games

I also played 8 min quarters, I typically play 7 and will be going back down to that, 8 min just dragged on for me....
Old 08-10-2010, 09:33 PM   #107
Banned

OVR: 8

just tried a game with the 50 thres and slow with the most current updates. I was Kentucky and beat Auburn 20-19. I had 7 INTs they had 2 and a fumble. I went 13-43 for 212 they went 14-21 for 144. I ran 19 tmes for 127 they ran 33 for 67 yds. I threw so many ints mostly because I was testing out pass covg and qb acc but what scares me is to win a game with 7 tos. Idk just posting results.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:54 AM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 1

Can anyone tell me what SLOW GAME SPEED does? Do the players or clock actually move slower? That would be silly.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:28 AM   #109
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcern23
just tried a game with the 50 thres and slow with the most current updates. I was Kentucky and beat Auburn 20-19. I had 7 INTs they had 2 and a fumble. I went 13-43 for 212 they went 14-21 for 144. I ran 19 tmes for 127 they ran 33 for 67 yds. I threw so many ints mostly because I was testing out pass covg and qb acc but what scares me is to win a game with 7 tos. Idk just posting results.
I got in 3 games with the new settings w/ slow speed.
The good:
1. No more cpu qb's completing 85% of their passes.
2. I can now rush the ball! I ave. about 4.5 yrds per carry in my 3 games.
3. No more wide open receivers open on every play for both teams.
4. The cpu can now run the ball too.

The bad:
1. I all the sudden cant complete passes. I am only completing about 25-30% of my passes now. The first game I played I was Indiana at home vs Iowa and I was 8-40 with 2 ints passing. The second game I was IU at Wisconsin and I was 11-46!! It wasnt really wr drops either (although there were a few too many) it was just my qb's overthrowing, underthrowing, and throwing wide on alot of their throws.
The completion % of my user controlled qb's is really the only negative I have with the new set as the cpu passed #'s were fine. They were 20-35 and 18-23 in the two games I kept the stats.

One thing this set does is seperate the good and bad teams. I am playing a dynasty with a horrible Indiana team and with the old set I was winning games or barely losing games vs good teams. (I only lost to Ohio St 20-17 on a last second FG) With the new set I lost 38-17 to Iowa and 31-3 @ Wisconsin. Both teams wore me down by running the ball down my throat, and they kept running the ball which was nice! They didnt average an unreal amount per carry it was that they got 4-6 yrds almost every carry. And again on offense I just couldnt pass the ball at all vs these two superior teams. I also didnt have much time to throw.
After playing as a huge underdog in my IU season I played and exhibition game with two of my b rated teambuilder teams. I was able to pass the ball better and I ended up winning 27-17. Which leads me to believe this set is pretty good.

Last edited by jake44np; 08-11-2010 at 08:31 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:29 AM   #110
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumeroUnoFSU
Can anyone tell me what SLOW GAME SPEED does? Do the players or clock actually move slower? That would be silly.
The speed of the game moves slower not the clock.
The actually game play on the field is a little slower.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:07 AM   #111
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
I got in 3 games with the new settings w/ slow speed.
The good:
1. No more cpu qb's completing 85% of their passes.
2. I can now rush the ball! I ave. about 4.5 yrds per carry in my 3 games.
3. No more wide open receivers open on every play for both teams.
4. The cpu can now run the ball too.

The bad:
1. I all the sudden cant complete passes. I am only completing about 25-30% of my passes now. The first game I played I was Indiana at home vs Iowa and I was 8-40 with 2 ints passing. The second game I was IU at Wisconsin and I was 11-46!! It wasnt really wr drops either (although there were a few too many) it was just my qb's overthrowing, underthrowing, and throwing wide on alot of their throws.
The completion % of my user controlled qb's is really the only negative I have with the new set as the cpu passed #'s were fine. They were 20-35 and 18-23 in the two games I kept the stats.

One thing this set does is seperate the good and bad teams. I am playing a dynasty with a horrible Indiana team and with the old set I was winning games or barely losing games vs good teams. (I only lost to Ohio St 20-17 on a last second FG) With the new set I lost 38-17 to Iowa and 31-3 @ Wisconsin. Both teams wore me down by running the ball down my throat, and they kept running the ball which was nice! They didnt average an unreal amount per carry it was that they got 4-6 yrds almost every carry. And again on offense I just couldnt pass the ball at all vs these two superior teams. I also didnt have much time to throw.
After playing as a huge underdog in my IU season I played and exhibition game with two of my b rated teambuilder teams. I was able to pass the ball better and I ended up winning 27-17. Which leads me to believe this set is pretty good.
great to see, Listen I updated the new one again on page one, I put Human QBA to 55 and Pass Blocking to 60. This is all I'm going to change right now, I don't want the Human to be over powering when using better team. Try these and then report back if you can, much appreciated jake.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 10:26 AM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
The speed of the game moves slower not the clock.
The actually game play on the field is a little slower.
Why would you want that? What benefit does a slow game speed provide?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »