Home

Realistic CPU vs CPU Heisman Sliders.

This is a discussion on Realistic CPU vs CPU Heisman Sliders. within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
Banned

MrHyde's Arena

OVR: 3
Realistic CPU vs CPU Heisman Sliders.

Well what do you know the option isn't broke after all.I let Navy play Army in a CPU vs CPU game on Heisman and finally it looked like it should work.Dobbs the QB for Navy had 136 yards on 18 carries while Steelman the Army QB had 88 yards on 26 carries.It was an 8 minute game which Navy won 51-17.These were the sliders if anyone is interested and I set them up for Human and Computer the same way.Threshold at 35 and Slow game speed,but you can't tell looks good that way.Again this was my first game with these tweaks so I may make a few adjustments.Dobbs did go 12-15 for 302 yards with 2 td's and 0 int,while Steelman for Army went 18 for 38 for 304 yards with only 1 int so will probably juke up Interceptions slider which helps knockdowns also from 10 to 20 and see how that plays.Also as far as sacks go Navy had 2 and Army 1 so may move up also.So here are the sliders and again there the same for Human-CPU.Not sure how these will react to none option teams as I have yet to test them,but I'll try one now a game between Wisconsin at Georgia both run the Pro Offense.I'll post the results.

Heisman,8:00 Quarters,Threshold at 35,Slow Game Speed,Auto Subs set at 79 in and 85 out work best for RB,WR,DE,and DL.I leave the rest alone.

QBA -40
PBL - 60
WR Cat - 45
RBA - 50
RBL - 100
Pass Cvr - 80
Pass Rush - 50
Interceptions - 0
Rush Defense - 20
Tackling - 45
FGP - 5 (This is correct,but don't know why CPU keeps trying 55 + FG's)
FGA - 50 (Were missing extra points and field goals at 45)
Punt PWr - 45
Punt Accuracy - 100
Kickoff - 50

Last edited by MrHyde; 07-18-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 07:29 PM   #2
Banned

MrHyde's Arena

Re: Realistic CPU vs CPU Heisman Sliders.

Well that was fun to watch.Here's the breakdown of Wisconsin at Georgia
1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
Wisconsin 0 7 7 21 35
Georgia 14 14 14 6 48

PASSING:
Tolzien (WISC) 14-28 50%,253 yards,3 tds,1 int
Gray (GA) 17-25 68%,278 yards,2 tds,0 int

RUSHINGWISC) (Just put the top two for each team)
Clay 21-138 6.5 avg,1td,15 btk
Ball 9-44 4.8 avg, 1td, 4 btk

RUSHING: (GA)
King 28-180 6.4 avg,2td,12 btk
Ealey 9-96 10.6 avg,2td,6 btk

RECEIVING: (WISC)
Gilreath 6-60 td
Clay 3-23
Jefferson 2-49
Toon 2-98 2 td
Byrne 1-32

RECEIVING: (GA)
Wooten 5-151 td
Green 4-62
Chapas 3-30
White 2-8
Munzenmaike 1-14
C King 1-15
T King 1-2

Notes:Each team ran over 60 plays on 8 minute quarters.I like the results,but moved down RB Ability from 55 to 50,Rush Defense from 0 to 20,Tackling from 40 to 45,Pass Coverage from 100 to 80,,and Pass Blocking from 55 to 60.May have to move Interceptions up to 10,but I'll see what it's like with these sliders first. I'm going to replay this game and I'll see how it goes.

Last edited by MrHyde; 07-18-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm definitely watching to see how these turn out.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:13 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'll be very interested in these as well.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:41 AM   #5
Banned

MrHyde's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHyde
Well what do you know the option isn't broke after all.I let Navy play Army in a CPU vs CPU game on Heisman and finally it looked like it should work.Dobbs the QB for Navy had 136 yards on 18 carries while Steelman the Army QB had 88 yards on 26 carries.It was an 8 minute game which Navy won 51-17.These were the sliders if anyone is interested and I set them up for Human and Computer the same way.Threshold at 35 and Slow game speed,but you can't tell looks good that way.Again this was my first game with these tweaks so I may make a few adjustments.Dobbs did go 12-15 for 302 yards with 2 td's and 0 int,while Steelman for Army went 18 for 38 for 304 yards with only 1 int so will probably juke up Interceptions slider which helps knockdowns also from 10 to 20 and see how that plays.Also as far as sacks go Navy had 2 and Army 1 so may move up also.So here are the sliders and again there the same for Human-CPU.Not sure how these will react to none option teams as I have yet to test them,but I'll try one now a game between Wisconsin at Georgia both run the Pro Offense.I'll post the results.

Heisman,8:00 Quarters,Threshold at 35,Slow Game Speed,Auto Subs set at 79 in and 85 out work best for RB,WR,DE,and DL.I leave the rest alone.

QBA -40 (50)
PBL - 60
WR Cat - 45 (40)
RBA - 50
RBL - 100 (80)
Pass Cvr - 80
Pass Rush - 50
Interceptions - 0
Rush Defense - 20 (40)
Tackling - 45 (40)
Punt PWr - 45
Punt Accuracy - 100
Kickoff - 50
Ok the running game was out of control so I moved up Rush Defense to 40,and Run Blocking down to 80.I set up Arkansas at Oregon State and Arkansas main runner had 147 yards on 32 carries,while Oregon State's Rodgers had only 66 yards on 15 carries and despite having a 90 btk rating he only broke 1 tackle so I moved Tackling to 40.other changes are in parenthesis.Also thinking about moving Threshold to 30 and leaving it there.I'm trying to get it to where the CPU doesn't knockdown a load of passes per game with a realistic completion percentage.So I'm experimenting with Pass Coverage and the Int Slider to see which really is for knockdowns.Moved QB Accuracy up to 50 and it won't go beyond this.I should have this figured out soon so when I get my final set I'll let whoever wants to know when I do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 09:48 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Ok the running game was out of control so I moved up Rush Defense to 40,and Run Blocking down to 80.I set up Arkansas at Oregon State and Arkansas main runner had 147 yards on 32 carries,while Oregon State's Rodgers had only 66 yards on 15 carries and despite having a 90 btk rating he only broke 1 tackle so I moved Tackling to 40.other changes are in parenthesis.Also thinking about moving Threshold to 30 and leaving it there.I'm trying to get it to where the CPU doesn't knockdown a load of passes per game with a realistic completion percentage.So I'm experimenting with Pass Coverage and the Int Slider to see which really is for knockdowns.Moved QB Accuracy up to 50 and it won't go beyond this.I should have this figured out soon so when I get my final set I'll let whoever wants to know when I do.
I agree on the running game, I played with your sliders last night, and UK ran for over 260 yards on me (Cincinnati). I know UC's run D isn't that great, but neither is UK's running game. I was experimenting this morning, but couldn't get a game in before my kids woke up. I had moved Run D up to 50, and blocking down to 80, but like I said, didn't get a game in. Post what you get, I'm planning on trying to experiment soon.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:51 PM   #7
Rookie

zdmetal's Arena

OVR: 6

I've been messing around with these sliders quite a bit. Here is what I'm at right now with the changes to the original in red. No big differences, just a couple little changes.

Heisman,8:00 Quarters,Threshold at 25,Slow Game Speed,Auto Subs set at 79 in and 85 out work best for RB,WR,DE,and DL.I leave the rest alone.

QBA -40
PBL - 60
WR Cat - 40
RBA - 55
RBL - 90
Pass Cvr - 80
Pass Rush - 50
Interceptions - 10
Rush Defense - 20
Tackling - 45
Punt PWr - 45
Punt Accuracy - 100
Kickoff - 50
Old 07-21-2010, 06:53 PM   #8
Banned

MrHyde's Arena

Quote:

QBA -40 (50) (The CPU still has off throws)
PBL - 60
WR Cat - 45 (40) (The CPU needs to drop a few sometime)
RBA - 50 (55) (Speed seems just right)
RBL - 100 (80)
Pass Cvr - 80 (50) (Awesome no more crazy knockdowns always)
Pass Rush - 50
Interceptions - 0 (10) (The CPU throws picks at a realistic pace)
Rush Defense - 20 (40)
Tackling - 45 (50) (Move the RB Ability up and you have to move Tackling up)
FGP - 5 (0) (This is correct,but don't know why CPU keeps trying 55 + FG's)
Punt PWr - 45 (0) (This is correct also are averages are dead on)
Punt Accuracy - 100
Kickoff - 50
*I FOUND OUT THAT PASS COVERAGE AT 50 AND INTERCEPTIONS AT 10 IS PERFECT.KNOCKDOWNS ARE REALISTIC FINALLY AND INTERCEPTIONS ARE AS WELL.ALSO KICKING AND POWER ARE CORRECT AT 0.THE CPU MADE A 52 YARD FG AT 0 AND PUNTING AVERAGES ARE DEAD ON FOR PUNTERS.THE ONLY THING THAT MIGHT NEED CHANGING IS THE RUN BLOCKING AND RUSH DEFENSE.A FEW MORE GAMES AND THIS WILL BE FINAL AND I'LL POST THE FINAL SLIDER SETTINGS NO LATER THEN FRIDAY.I HAVE A SUGGESTION ,IF THE CPU HAS THE BALL ON 3RD DOWN AT THEIR OPPONENTS 38-45 YARD LINE AND THEIR STOPPED,WHAT I DO IS GO TO SELECT SIDES AS SOON AS THE PLAY IS OVER AND PUNT FOR THEM.I SWITCH BACK TO CPU VS CPU AFTER THAT.THE CPU WILL TRY LONG FG'S FROM 55 AND BEYOND SO IF THEIR TRYING A 55 YARD OR LONGER YOU MAY WANT TO DO THIS.ALSO KEEP IN MIND IF YOUR PLAYING WITH WIND AND IF IT'S IN THEIR FAVOR(BLOWING AWAY,NOT TOWARDS) THEN LET THEM TRY IT,UNLESS IT'S 60 YARDS OF COURSE.JUST FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

Last edited by MrHyde; 07-21-2010 at 08:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »