Home

SalutationsNJ Zero Threshold Sliders

This is a discussion on SalutationsNJ Zero Threshold Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2010, 01:35 AM   #57
Pro

bpete07's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: SalutationsNJ Zero Threshold Sliders

I think I'm going to bump back down to slow - I was having my best results with these and honestly it's not too overly slow....plus that is how this set was intended to be played and if I have any mroe games like my ND game, I'll be satisfied.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:23 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 9

1st Game with these sliders.

Colorado (CPU) 17 @ TTU (Me) 14

11 --------- 1st downs --- 14
309 ---------Total Off ------ 386
33-218-1 - R-Y-T --------- 12-8-0
8-23-1 ----- C-A-T --------- 24-47-2
91 ----------- Pass Yds --- 378
2-13 (15%) -- 3rd D ------- 5-14 (35%)
0 ----------- Turnovers ------ 4 (3 Pick's, 1 Fum)
20:51 ------- TOP ------------ 17:56

Taylor Potts - 24/47 - 378 Yds - 2 TD - 3 Int
Baron Batch - 9 Att - 13 Yds - 1.9 Avg - 5 Long - 1 BTK
Alex Torres - 7 Rec - 134 Yds - 19.1 Avg - TD
Sam Kehoko - 7 Total Tackles, 6 Solo, 2 TFL, Sack

Tyler Hansen - 8/23 - 91 Yds - TD
Rodney Stewart - 25 Att - 198 Yds - 7.9 Avg - TD - 53 Long - 10 BTK
Scotty McKnight - 3 Rec - 20 Yds - 6.6 Avg - TD
Jon Major - 6 Total Tackles, 5 Solo

I will try these with a team using the 4-3 in stead of 3-4, maybe that will slow the running game, i will also try a team that runs more then passes or at least 50/50.

Other then that these sliders are great.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:06 AM   #59
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

OVR: 10

I was skeptical about these sliders at first when seeing them, but after two games, I really like them. Since I got the game, I never lost. But with these sliders, I have had very good games and lost both of them in dramatic fashion. Playing as Penn State vs VT, it was a low scoring game in the first half and VT was winning 7-0. After a couple of FGs and TD, I went up 13-7 with about 4 minutes left in the game. I made a big mistake by not going for 2 points after my last TD. VT came back and took the lead with about a minute to go, 14-13. After that, I made a few plays and lined up for a game winning 36 yd field goal. My kicker missed the kick, just wide left. Heartbreaking loss.

Not sure if it is the teams I have played, but the only couple things I may need to tweak is reducing the CPU QB (over 70% each time) and find my RB runs a little too well.

Great job with these!
Old 08-08-2010, 07:31 AM   #60
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

I've updated my sliders, some major changes in some areas. If you like the originals keep going with them but I had to fix some things I felt weren't realistic enough. I have OCD when it comes to sliders:

Human Pass Block to 100: Tired of being pressured on a PA, so I bumped this up to 100 to start the tweaking of this slider. Craziest thing happened... I was still getting pressured even with the CPU pass rush at 0. PA passes worked a little better as well. As of this moment this will stay in place. Try it don't be scared...

Pass Coverage dropped to 35: Well, the original setting of a hundred started driving me crazy with all the "Miss Cleo" corners running routes before you did. So I bumped this down by 5 until they stopped doing it. At 40 they don't do it as much but I'd rather not see them at all. Don't worry about it giving the WRs and advantage because.....

QB Acc (Human/CPU) has been dropped to 10/15: I'm a true sim gamer, I like every aspect of the game. I like seeing passes off target (no matter how open the receiver is) and I wasn't seeing those. So I plugged in something from my NCAA 2010 slider set and it worked just fine. No more passes off your back foot or across your body with alot of velocity. This also helps the defense since the WR will be a step ahead with the drop in pass coverage. A perfect pass will still hurt them but a bad one will give them time to react.

Interceptions Maxed to 100: Not done tweaking this yet but right now I like it where it is. You and the computer will pay for bad reads. Not every pass becomes an interception but you will see the secondary deflect some passes. It also helps a player like me that goes for the swat alot but the ball magically still gets through because the animation/rating wanted it to. If its supposed to be picked it will be, if its supposed to be swatted it will be. Plain and simple.

I have the latest stats from my game in the link in the first post (last page). I'll copy and paste it in here in a few.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:39 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 18

cool man, im gonna try these out later on.

Carolina Panthers
UNC Tar Heels
SC Gamecocks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2010, 09:49 AM   #62
Rookie

just tried the new ones, it was a great game.

Washington(me) vs Cal(cpu)

i won 34 - 33

i was down 33 - 24 in the 4th but came back and won by a game winning field goal.

first downs- 20-15
tot off.- 489 - 431
R.Y.T.- 24-124-2 - 24-62-0
C.A.T.- 23-40-2 - 21-31-3
pass yrds- 365-369

only thing i have wrong with these is, my db's played stupid all game. and they had no running game. in the first half, they had maybe 20 yards for 16 attempts. they did get one big run for about 17 yards.

Carolina Panthers
UNC Tar Heels
SC Gamecocks
Old 08-08-2010, 11:27 AM   #63
Pro

bpete07's Arena

OVR: 6

I loved the first set and trust this new testing will be for the better. I'm going to try these when I get a chance today.

Carolina I know you're a fan of these, keep posting!
Old 08-08-2010, 11:46 AM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpete07
I loved the first set and trust this new testing will be for the better. I'm going to try these when I get a chance today.

Carolina I know you're a fan of these, keep posting!

alright man, i aint going no where. im finally gettin good games on these.

Carolina Panthers
UNC Tar Heels
SC Gamecocks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »