Home

Question about speed threshold?

This is a discussion on Question about speed threshold? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-04-2010, 12:43 PM   #17
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Question about speed threshold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I've seen a few threads on this and I've seen testing done that shows the theshold gets smaller as the difficulty levels go up. So there is no universal threshold setting as the default levels change by difficulty.

Also I've read that the speed setting may affect this. I don't really know. All I know is that I play on AA (slow setting) and I don't have a problem with the speed of the players so I haven't touched it.
It's a whole new ballgame w/ the thresh @ 0, AA, game speed normal bro. have ya checked it? try this using salutation's sliders
Old 08-04-2010, 12:53 PM   #18
Return of the Blake

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
It's a whole new ballgame w/ the thresh @ 0, AA, game speed normal bro. have ya checked it? try this using salutation's sliders
I've got my own sliders that I'm happy with. And I definitely prefer Slow speed over Normal.

I'd consider tweaking speed threshold but after seeing people argue over raising or dropping it I think 50 is perfect.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:21 PM   #19
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Rudy what's all that extra info on your slider page under difficulty?
You have a bunch of +/- things going on there.

I kinda like some of the settings you have. Looks like it possibly fixes the things lacking about the CPU's offense and defense on default.

You can PM me if you don't feel like cluttering up this thread.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #20
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
I would point out that again I use 65 which is a sizable gap over the combine. Deep players do get open and lb do still get beat but they are now close enough to make a play. 0 is far too much for my gameplay. If you read the c you can make a deep pass on 65 for a td, you just aren't as wide open. As an example the fcs play better at 65. Part of the issue with this game is too much disparity in teams. Threshold just makes that worse.
I don't know why this works but it does.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:21 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
I've got my own sliders that I'm happy with. And I definitely prefer Slow speed over Normal.

I'd consider tweaking speed threshold but after seeing people argue over raising or dropping it I think 50 is perfect.
In my threshold testing the gap was unchanged by the game speed slider. Oddly everyones speed decreased the same numerical value not proportionally (i.e. HB and LB are slower by the same amount, not LB is even slower than the HB). Play on whatever speed you want it doesn't seem to effect the threshold effects.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 12:21 AM   #22
CPT
Banned

CPT's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
I've seen a few threads on this and I've seen testing done that shows the theshold gets smaller as the difficulty levels go up. So there is no universal threshold setting as the default levels change by difficulty.
You sir are 100% correct. Anyone who doubts this simply run tests in practice mode...Thresh changes its effect % as you go up or down in difficulty.

Last edited by CPT; 08-05-2010 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:18 AM   #23
Return of the Blake

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherCreature
Rudy what's all that extra info on your slider page under difficulty?
You have a bunch of +/- things going on there.

I kinda like some of the settings you have. Looks like it possibly fixes the things lacking about the CPU's offense and defense on default.

You can PM me if you don't feel like cluttering up this thread.
That's just me keeping track of various difficulties. Setting human pass rush at 75 and then cpu pass block at 75 really is no different than default. Sometimes I plug in other sliders just to track the true differences in line play and look at the overall difficulty level. I'm a slider nerd and I've got some formulas built in for that stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »