Home

Speed threshold...What gives best representation of College Football

This is a discussion on Speed threshold...What gives best representation of College Football within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2010, 04:13 PM   #41
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Oct 2010
Re: Speed threshold...What gives best representation of College Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellar21
I've been tweaking some 0 threshold sliders of my own for a while now, trying to find a challenging but realistic sim slider set. Here they are:

Quarter Length: 8 Minutes
Difficulty: All-American
Speed Threshold: 0

Rule Sliders
Offsides: 70
False Start: 70
Holding: 55

User Sliders
QB Accuracy: 15
Pass Blocking: 80
WR Catching: 40
RB Abilty: 100
Run Blocking: 20
Pass Coverage: 50
Pass Rush: 45
Interceptions: 70
Rush Defence: 45
Tackling: 45
FG Power: 15
FG Accuracy: 20
Punt Power: 25
Punt Accuracy: 70
Kickoff Power: 15

CPU Sliders
QB Accuracy: 20
Pass Blocking: 55
WR Catching: 45
RB Abilty: 100
Run Blocking: 55
Pass Coverage: 65
Pass Rush: 20
Interceptions: 70
Rush Defence: 65
Tackling: 70
FG Power: 15
FG Accuracy: 80
Punt Power: 25
Punt Accuracy: 70
Kickoff Power: 15

Any comments or suggestions feel free to email me [email protected]
I like the 100 on the RB ability...plays so well, despite all other sliders.
Justice07 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2010, 03:17 PM   #42
Pro
 
Bullet Sponge's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Sep 2010
Re: Speed threshold...What gives best representation of College Football

In my OD we play with a threshold of 0 on FAST speed. Nothing else captures the explosiveness of college football. Obviously sliders are tweaked to compensate. You need to make fast reads, speedy players play like they should, and the pop is just there. I've played extensively on SLOW and NORMAL and they just feel like you're in the mud, especially after watching a whole Saturday of college football.
Bullet Sponge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:45 PM   #43
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Oct 2010
Icon14 Re: Speed threshold...What gives best representation of College Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
In my OD we play with a threshold of 0 on FAST speed. Nothing else captures the explosiveness of college football. Obviously sliders are tweaked to compensate. You need to make fast reads, speedy players play like they should, and the pop is just there. I've played extensively on SLOW and NORMAL and they just feel like you're in the mud, especially after watching a whole Saturday of college football.
Holy crap...I never thought of that...i had been stretching trynna find the right speed...you're right about the stuck in the mud feeling.
I'mma have to try this...I make quick reads anyway...when you make the reads based on defense (like real life) the game just opens up..****n PA, and as soon as the mesh is complete, just lob it up to your read, and WOW, the WR breaks off the CB. Or it gets swatted. either way, I'm having a great dynasty with the sliders i'm playing...and I feel they are just about to get better...Thanks mayne!
Justice07 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:10 PM   #44
Rookie
 
Black4track's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 307
Re: Speed threshold...What gives best representation of College Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice07
I like the 100 on the RB ability...plays so well, despite all other sliders.

Its a great idea, Just be sure to raise human tackling. Too many times my DT has met the RB in the backfield only for him to break 3+ tackles and have a 40 yard TD. I have hum tackle on 60 and RB ability to 90.
__________________
_______________________________________________
Texas Rangers
Dallas Cowboys
Dallas Mavericks
UT LONGHORNS
Black4track is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:13 AM   #45
Pro
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jul 2008
Re: Speed threshold...What gives best representation of College Football

Regardless of how you feel about 0 threshold vs higher threshold I wanted to ask if anyone else has noticed this. My sliders were working pretty well until about year 4. Once the default roster freakfest is gone and the league is toned down you really need a new set of sliders. My RB and other sliders are working fine but kick sliders and QB accuracy went into the toilet. I now have CPU kick accuracy at 60 and FG power back to 50 and QB accuracy now up to 35 for the CPU.

Once all the speed recievers vanish and the QB arms are weaker the pass game is much more realistic. Wondered if anyone else noticed this issue. I really hope EA tones down the default rosters next year. I like the crappier league better.
Oraeon1224 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2010, 11:45 PM   #46
Pro
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: Speed threshold...What gives best representation of College Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
Regardless of how you feel about 0 threshold vs higher threshold I wanted to ask if anyone else has noticed this. My sliders were working pretty well until about year 4. Once the default roster freakfest is gone and the league is toned down you really need a new set of sliders. My RB and other sliders are working fine but kick sliders and QB accuracy went into the toilet. I now have CPU kick accuracy at 60 and FG power back to 50 and QB accuracy now up to 35 for the CPU.

Once all the speed recievers vanish and the QB arms are weaker the pass game is much more realistic. Wondered if anyone else noticed this issue. I really hope EA tones down the default rosters next year. I like the crappier league better.
I've increased FG accuracy to 70 (season 3 of dynasty). Anything lower and CPU teams miss like 30% of extra points. This means CPU teams miss less FGs, but I think the tradeoff is ok
Isura is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:16 PM.

Top -