Home

Speed threshold...What gives best representation of College Football

This is a discussion on Speed threshold...What gives best representation of College Football within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-02-2010, 12:41 AM   #1
Rookie

eamuscatuli15's Arena

OVR: 7
Speed threshold...What gives best representation of College Football

Just trying to start up a discussion on the speed threshold...I've been playing with SN's All American sliders for the most part and his speed threshold is at 35...Oraeon (coaching sliders) has his speed threshold at 60 i believe.

i've read on many different threads that people are also enjoying it at ZERO!!! Somewhat intrigued with the 0 threshold as it might represent best what is the "wide open" college game...

hope that we can get some good feedback and a good consensus as to what plays best!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 01:16 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Speed threshold...What gives best representation of College Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by eamuscatuli15
Just trying to start up a discussion on the speed threshold...I've been playing with SN's All American sliders for the most part and his speed threshold is at 35...Oraeon (coaching sliders) has his speed threshold at 60 i believe.

i've read on many different threads that people are also enjoying it at ZERO!!! Somewhat intrigued with the 0 threshold as it might represent best what is the "wide open" college game...

hope that we can get some good feedback and a good consensus as to what plays best!!!
Yea I saw that and I dont know if he was just trying to make it more difficult or what but its NOWHERE near sim college football. Im using the Buckeyes and Brandon Saine is being chased down in the open field by defensive tackles get that mess out of here. Im suprised at the lack of 0 threshold sliders to be honest with you you would think they would be the most common simce they are the most realistic but hey if you think a 65 threshold and being chased down by punters is realistic, more power to ya
Old 08-02-2010, 01:49 AM   #3
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Just played my first game with threshold a 0 and it was pretty damn good. Had been playing at 25 for my first 12 games and it was good but I think I'm gonna stick with 0.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:58 AM   #4
Rookie

eamuscatuli15's Arena

What sliders are you guys using with ZERO speed threshold???

Currently i'm playing with SN's All American slider set, using Oraeon's special team sliders, and also plugging in the coaching slider adjustments...

So right now i'm on 35 threshold...lots of people hyping up ZERO threshold...
Old 08-02-2010, 02:00 AM   #5
Rookie

I been using 70 on normal in coach mode but may try the 0 on slow and see how it goes.
Nhl-Sharks
College sports-Miami Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 02:06 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6

As I always say play with whatever suites you. But do not think for a minute that a 1 second gap in 40 times between a 90 WR and a 80 speed LB is realistic it just gives you open passes without requiring as rigorous a reading. In football uless you have beat the safety they will have angles and catch you, then it is up to you to make them miss (I went to UofL and have watched all their games for many seasons, a sig % of time demps cuts and someone misses; though behind the safety catches do occur).

Incidentally I have at least one big play everygame. If you catch the defense and pass against the safety and it is one on one they will not catch you. In fact against UK my UL dynasty WR with 92 speed caught a deep pass down the sidelines in the final minutes of the game and though pursued by 1 CB and 1 safety wasn't caught. They dove and missed from too far behind but never had a chance to catch up. The threshold slider merely makes the speeds more equalized (you can check out the madden game developer thread from last year to understand this slider better). It will never make players faster than you who should be slower, at best they would have equal speed. It is more likley you are seeing safeties on angles and not really having the sort of deep pass that does happen occassionally in college football.

The other option I haven't tested is that you are setting pass coverage to a higher value. I have seen CB and safeties magically be much faster than very fast recievers even downfield with this slider at default and it is much worse at higher values. I you reset pass coverage to 40 and threshold to 65 I assure you there will be downfield passes and you will not be caught from behind, but the rest of the coverage will be accurate and reasonablly hard to pass against.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:15 AM   #7
Rookie

eamuscatuli15's Arena

I'm just trying to find the most realistic playing of college football as possible...All the work people have been doing is great. i'm going to have to play some games on ZERO and also try out Oraeon's 65 threshold with the his pass coverage adjustment i guess to get a feel for things...

all the input and information on this subject the better...
NFL: Kansas City Chiefs
NCAA Football: Nebraska Cornhuskers
HS Football: Rolla High School Bulldogs '95 (12-1)

Old 08-02-2010, 02:29 AM   #8
Rookie

eamuscatuli15's Arena

So Oraeon, when you suggest changing the pass coverage slider to 40...would that be for both hum/cpu, or just the cpu???
NFL: Kansas City Chiefs
NCAA Football: Nebraska Cornhuskers
HS Football: Rolla High School Bulldogs '95 (12-1)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »