Home

Things that you like about this years sliders effects

This is a discussion on Things that you like about this years sliders effects within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Things that you like about this years sliders effects

I have to give EA prop's for the game this year it is really solid on both sides of the ball.

But I think this year they did a great job with the effects that sliders have on game play. The best I've seen since NCAA 06 to be honest.....

For example on Varsity level with the TKL Slider set low it creates some awesome anitmations by the CPU ball carriers....Then last night I noticed with some edited rosters I'm working the sliders get even better for mobile QB's when you edit their ratings..

Here's Doug Flutie using the QB evade to escape a sack vs me last night

Here's a video showing seperation between TE of Boise St vs Boston College LB....in this video with CPU Pass Coverage at 45 you can clearly see the TE beat the LB who lost his footing. The beauty is the seperation because the LB was never able to recover liek you see in years past with them knowing the routes

This is the play up close so can see the LB blow the assignment

I also like this jam by the DB at the line of scrimmage just briefly knocking the WR off balance before he recovers

I have some other videos that i haven't uploaded yet.....but they show some great gameplay improvements by the Mobile QB's in NCAA 11 when you edit the QB's and then apply sliders to the game on the field.....Lots of cool things a CPU controlled Mobile QB can do after tweaks.

Anyway's just thought I'd give EA prop's for not only the game this year but also for increasing the effects that slider have on game play this year. They really seemed to have made them stronger or more impactful on gameplay.

Kickers actually miss kicks even for the Human player now.........

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 12:21 AM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Things that you like about this years sliders effects

You care to share what roster attributes you changed to make player behave a certain way ?
Old 07-24-2010, 12:29 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
You care to share what roster attributes you changed to make player behave a certain way ?
WOW!

It's a very time consuming process man...

Every player has ratings in the game where you can assign tendencies to them to make them react like a Power RB or Speed elusive back

Then you ratings that can make a mobile QB take off and run when he senses pressure.

So the ratings have always been in the game but hardly anyone ever tweaks them down to detail level.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-24-2010, 12:50 AM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Hmmm interesting......

So to make Flutie do what he did.....what did you change ? Play recognition ? Elusiveness ? Ball carrier vision ?

Or all 3 ?
Old 07-24-2010, 01:53 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Hmmm interesting......

So to make Flutie do what he did.....what did you change ? Play recognition ? Elusiveness ? Ball carrier vision ?

Or all 3 ?
Flutie
Speed-80
Str-40
Agi-85
Acc-80
Awr-93
Btk-40
Trk-46
Elu-87........(This is big....it's more like a pocket awareness for QB's helps them to avoid the rush and take off on you)
BCV-80
SFA-44
Spm-60
Jkm-84
THP-85........(He's not a strong arm QB and this helps to keep his overall rating down)
THA-91

He's a 94 overall based on his career at Boston College and he's rated as a SR QB which means I was able to all that without making him a 99

So you see it's very time consuming to create the rosters I work on because a lot of tendencies have to be changed. But by the end of day you see a great amount of differences in the players on the field.

Another example would be my created version of Tony Dorsett....instead of breaking tackles at 185 lb's he's going to exploit your defense by using speed and agility and also find cut back lanes.

EA really nailed it this year for RB logic after you tweak them.....I've had created RB's do some very human like behavior on the field all because of their Vision and Awareness allowing them to read the defenses better.

All this just comes from me knowing what each ratings does on the field now after a few years of editing them since NCAA 07.....The biggest difference between now and the past 4 years is that the ratings have really ivolved just liek the sliders they have a much bigger Impact on game play than any other year.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 02:11 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

This is how a Air Force QB should behave on the field

This is how a RB with great Vision see's a cut back lane

Walter Payton

Herschel Walker not only does he see the cut back lane but he uses his 98 Trucking Rating to finish of this run inside....notice how he didn't break a tackle but his Trucking rating forced him to try and over power the defender by initiating the contact. My smaller size RB's don't behave that way...they try to avoid hits by using juke moves compaired to a guy like Walker or Jim Brown who will look to physically take on the defender.

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-24-2010 at 02:15 AM.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:24 AM   #7
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

So play recognition don't matter on the offensive side of the ball at all ? Only on the defensive side ? I would have thought good QB's would need high play recognition in order to read defenses and make adjustments or audibles pre-snap.

But anyway.....looks like I got my work cut off for me the next couple of days. Because I really want option teams and spread teams to pop. It is cool though, suppose to rain this whole weekend anyway, so this will be a nice little project for me to do.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:46 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Playmakers, maybe you can answer this question for me. Ive been trying to see the difference in the run route rating vs. man coverage and just the run route rating in general. I have lowered man coverage down and still see no separation between WR and CB with a WR 85 Route running and a CB 60 Man coverage. How can you physically see the difference to understand what these ratings do because right now I do not see the difference. Any help is appreciated

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »