Home

Best Coach Mode Sliders?

This is a discussion on Best Coach Mode Sliders? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-08-2010, 10:42 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Best Coach Mode Sliders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
LOL I have the opposite problem. There hasn't been a single next-gen NCAA that has challenged me with the sticks so I'd rather build through Coach Mode and lose games that I should lose rather than become a national powerhouse with Temple or UNLV within 4-5 years.

I'll be a Coach Mode only player until the CPU AI in both assignment logic and play calling take a massive step forward. Even then, I'd probably still rather play Coach Mode. Last gen was still the best experience because it was true CM.
lol!it definately was better last gen
Nhl-Sharks
College sports-Miami Hurricanes
Old 08-09-2010, 01:52 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 9

The only coach mode sliders I have seen challenge me on the ground have been those. I thought the exact same thing you did when I was plugging them in but I have played 4 games with Clemson using those sliders and rank 25th in run defense. No team has put up "huge" rushing numbers on me with those sliders although Miami did have a good game against me. They actually work...
Skyboxer's Player Lock Sliders

I noticed you guys don't audible or make adjustments before the snap which could be why I can't get the cpu to rush well against me. I pinch the line and move my linebackers around. I also don't hesitate to bring the safeties up into the box either.

These sliders will get tested thoroughly in the coach mode dynasty over at utopia so we'll have something solid to go on for sure soon. I'm not sure about the sim engine but if that really is the case that it only produces a handful of 5.0 ypc rushers then something is broken big time. There were at least a 100 running backs this past season that averaged 5.0+ ypc in FBS.

I went back to dig the actual numbers up...

North Texas 32-97
Leading rusher J. Hamilton 12-66 yds

FCS E 41-81
no stat for leading rusher

Auburn 22-52
Leading rusher O. McCalebb 7-37yds

Miami 28-140
G. Cooper 16-103yds
D. Berry 8-46yds

Through 1 quarter against UNC
S. Draughn 5-20

Last edited by dave731; 08-09-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:04 PM   #19
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave731
I noticed you guys don't audible or make adjustments before the snap which could be why I can't get the cpu to rush well against me. I pinch the line and move my linebackers around. I also don't hesitate to bring the safeties up into the box either.
That is the key difference. As far as I'm concerned, that's not Coach Mode. If someone pulled that on me in a User/User CM game then I'd be irate. But if it goes by the rules of your Online Dynasty then it's fair game of course.

For those who actually do those adjustments I'd say use Player Lock sliders instead of true CM sliders. For those who just call plays, they need a more balanced slider set.

I guess the reason I don't use audibles or pre-snap adjustments is because it is FAR too easy to dominate the CPU playing that way. This means using unrealistic sliders to overcompensate for poor CPU AI.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:34 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 9

As a coach, adjustments like pinching the line or having the safeties/dbs move up into bump and run coverage are things you should be able to "call in" from the sideline. The hot routes and that sort of thing are questionable IMO but defensive adjustments are very much sent in from the sidelines. Also, the cpu makes some of those same adjustments on the defensive side.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »