Home

Coach Mode Sliders

This is a discussion on Coach Mode Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2010, 10:43 PM   #81
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Coach Mode Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamikris
Yeah i love these!I worked hard on them with youalreadyknow.He mostly came up with them and i tested them alot!I'm currently in year 5 Miami dynasty.Year 1 9-4,Year 2 13-1,Year 3 8-5,Year 4 10-4,and Year 5 so far 3-0.Year 3,4,5 all with this set exclusively.
I'm loving these as well. This is the most fun I've had in Coach Mode since last gen. I doubt people understand how many games that we had to play in "lab mode" to come up with these sliders.

My Maryland TeamBuilder clone is 5-2 in our first year, but there have been some serious battles in these games.

We beat West Virginia by 1 point on a 35 yd TD pass with 18 seconds remaining in the game.
We beat Clemson by 1 point in a 13-12 defensive struggle.
We also beat Boston College in overtime.

In my online Coach Mode dynasty with one other user I won a rivalry game in triple OT that was the most exciting User/CPU Coach Mode game I've ever played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2010, 11:58 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
I'm loving these as well. This is the most fun I've had in Coach Mode since last gen. I doubt people understand how many games that we had to play in "lab mode" to come up with these sliders.

My Maryland TeamBuilder clone is 5-2 in our first year, but there have been some serious battles in these games.

We beat West Virginia by 1 point on a 35 yd TD pass with 18 seconds remaining in the game.
We beat Clemson by 1 point in a 13-12 defensive struggle.
We also beat Boston College in overtime.

In my online Coach Mode dynasty with one other user I won a rivalry game in triple OT that was the most exciting User/CPU Coach Mode game I've ever played.
Glad to hear it!I agree i doubt people realize how much time we had in the lab.For me it was worth it
Nhl-Sharks
College sports-Miami Hurricanes
Old 08-30-2010, 07:52 PM   #83
Pro

OVR: 5

I am very glad I found this as I was having difficulty not killing other teams in my coach mode. I play Notre Dame and had a great game against Western Michigan with these. Too bad for kicking but I have been selecting watch play and let the CPU kick. Sometimes I miss it this way.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:41 PM   #84
Rookie

Rhino25's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
I'm finally out of the lab and actually enjoying dynasty mode (both online and offline). The sliders in the first post have been in use for the past two weeks.

My offline dynasty is playing nearly perfect as far as I'm concerned, minus the obvious gameplay flaws that occur regardless of difficulty/sliders/settings.

I did notice some differences in online dynasty vs. offline dynasty and have used slightly different sliders there. If anyone wants those for online dynasty then PM me because I don't want to confuse people browsing this thread with two different slider sets.

These sliders are very challenging for a first-time Coach Mode player, but I've been doing CM for 5-6 years now and I'm being challenged in almost every game. Some games are blowouts against D rated teams while I've lost others to C rated teams.

miamikris sent me some dynasty results and the stats and records look great to me.
I appreciate the hard working developing the sliders and I am coach only player. This brings me to a question - if you are playing as a coach (call the play and simply snap the ball letting the CPU run the play), why would the sliders be different for the Human and the CPU?

When I have developed my own in the past versions of the game, I have used one set for both the human and the CPU.

What is the rationale in yours differing by some amount between the Human and the CPU?

Also, I have been playing the first half as a coach and looking at the stats and then simming the second half. It seems that once the CPU is in pure sim mode, the running stats (even for spread teams like Miss. St. running the option) is more realistic. Any insight on how sliders come into play in pure sim mod if at all?

Thanks again for your hard work us fellow coaches. I am waiting to after this weekend (and the depth chart is more set for my Gators) to start my dynasty play. I would also be interested in the online dynasty sliders if you could send them to me as the online looks intriguing with the web reports and stories.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:19 PM   #85
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino25
I appreciate the hard working developing the sliders and I am coach only player. This brings me to a question - if you are playing as a coach (call the play and simply snap the ball letting the CPU run the play), why would the sliders be different for the Human and the CPU?

When I have developed my own in the past versions of the game, I have used one set for both the human and the CPU.

What is the rationale in yours differing by some amount between the Human and the CPU?
In a perfect world, I'd agree with you that the User and CPU sliders would be identical. Unfortunately EA doesn't provide us this perfect world scenario.

The main reason that User and CPU players will perform differently is the Difficulty level. If you attempted to play a Coach Mode game on Heisman with even User/CPU sliders then you would likely lose most of your games. If you did the same on Freshman then you would likely win most of your games.

The All-American difficulty level is fairly balanced and there really aren't any major differences in the slider levels we settled on for User and CPU.

A few factors which had to be compensated for:

1. Play calling tendencies. Users know which plays "work" and don't in this game and generally will have a slight advantage over the CPU by using the best possible plays within the game. The CPU often sticks with foolish plays such as Engage Eight and the broken Option Reads.

2. Coaching adjustments in-game for the user. Users can take advantage of options like putting Catching to Conservative which means practically no drops during a game. The CPU doesn't use such tactics.

I can tell you that I've watched CPU/CPU games with both teams using the CPU sliders in this thread and there were some huge differences in gameplay. The gameplay was much better in the Coach Mode games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 08:47 PM   #86
Rookie

Swolecat's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm having a hard time running the ball and the CPU is faring far worse than I am using these sliders. Also, my passing numbers are always way better than the CPU. My dynasty is with LSU, but I've used the sliders playing with a lot of different teams in exhibitions. I've been messing around with the sliders since the game came out and it's driving me nuts.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #87
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolecat
I'm having a hard time running the ball and the CPU is faring far worse than I am using these sliders. Also, my passing numbers are always way better than the CPU. My dynasty is with LSU, but I've used the sliders playing with a lot of different teams in exhibitions. I've been messing around with the sliders since the game came out and it's driving me nuts.
I've averaged around 4.5 YPC using both Maryland and Kansas State and miamikris had a lead back averaging over 6 YPC with Miami in a full dynasty season.

What are your top 2 backs averaging per carry?

If you look at the top rushers in the country at the end of a simulated season they are averaging around 5.0 YPC. This means unless you have the best rushing game in the country your backs should be around 4.0 to 4.5 YPC.

I'd be interested in seeing your passing stats for games using these sliders since you're having an easy time passing the ball.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:17 PM   #88
Rookie

vusa92troy's Arena

OVR: 36

For the kicking game, in obvious kicking situations, my buddy and I just sim the kicks. Why wouldn't you just do this, if we all kind of know that the kicking game is kind of screwy for Coach Mode?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »